Author Topic: Thu. 09/22/05 - Iron Horse; Northampton, MA  (Read 4944 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Thu. 09/22/05 - Iron Horse; Northampton, MA
« on: August 10, 2005, 05:33:30 pm »
The Breakfast return to Western Mass for a Thursday night show!

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Iron Horse
20 Center St.
Northampton, MA
(413) 584.0610

All Ages Show

Tickets
$10 - Advance
$13 - Day of Show

Doors - 9:45pm

Breakfast - 10pm

Contact - tim@thebreakfast.net (For help with Promo)

Massachusetts Show to Promote

Anyone from this area who can help out, it would be greatly appreciated.
Also, anyone who went to school up there, if you can help out with letting us know the area. This show can potentially be a sold out show.

Thanks!
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Whathefunk

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 05:36:25 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
The Breakfast return to Western Mass for a Thursday night show!

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Iron Horse
20 Center St.
Northampton, MA
(413) 584.0610

All Ages Show

Tickets
$10 - Advance
$13 - Day of Show

Doors - 9:45pm

Breakfast - 10pm

Contact - tim@thebreakfast.net (For help with Promo)

Massachusetts Show to Promote

Anyone from this area who can help out, it would be greatly appreciated.
Also, anyone who went to school up there, if you can help out with letting us know the area. This show can potentially be a sold out show.
Thanks!

I currently attend school up there.....and i will do everything in my power, and i mean it, to get this show sold out!

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 05:40:26 pm »
Like to hear this, Whatthefunk.

Either PM me you addy (as I just posted in the other thread) or send an email to Tim.

We would love to have you on the team.

Whathefunk

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 05:45:45 pm »
Sounds good space....sending an email to tim right now.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 05:47:09 pm »
Excellent.

I will be posting Record Stores that have allowed promo in the past for MA, CT and NY later today. If you know of any other places to promo please share, so that we can build this list (doesn\'t have to be record stores)

Thanks

Whathefunk

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 05:54:43 pm »
yea i\'ve got a couple places other than record stores in amherst and noho that i can think of right now...i\'ll wait to see your list so there won\'t be any repeats tho.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 05:57:17 pm »
Quote from: Whathefunk
yea i\'ve got a couple places other than record stores in amherst and noho that i can think of right now...i\'ll wait to see your list so there won\'t be any repeats tho.

right after I eat, I will post

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2005, 06:04:45 pm »

Contact a member of the entertainment staff on the Collegian and request that he/she check out the band and notify the campus of the upcoming show.  

UMass needs lots of work for grassroots promotion, especially since most of the old fanbase from back in the day has graduated and moved on.  As we have seen in the past, the potential is there for a large fanbase as there are so many jamband enthusiasts looking for great live music.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Whathefunk

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 06:12:41 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu

Contact a member of the entertainment staff on the Collegian and request that he/she check out the band and notify the campus of the upcoming show.  

UMass needs lots of work for grassroots promotion, especially since most of the old fanbase from back in the day has graduated and moved on.  As we have seen in the past, the potential is there for a large fanbase as there are so many jamband enthusiasts looking for great live music.

^^^Truth.....i\'ll see what i can do with the entertainment staff, any suggestions on how i go about doin this?

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 06:20:14 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu

^^^Truth.....i\'ll see what i can do with the entertainment staff, any suggestions on how i go about doin this?

Before school begins, visit the Collegian website and get a sense of who writes on the entertainment staff.  Then, target the person or people who may be most sympathetic to our cause (there is usually at least one columnist that covers jamband shows).  If he/she is unfamiliar with the band, ask if you can provide some samples to get acquainted with the powerful music.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Whathefunk

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 06:28:44 pm »
sounds good....i just visited the site and looked around a lil bit for previous articles written about jambands, took down a couple names that i will follow up on and see if i can get something written about our boys....
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 09:43:48 pm by Whathefunk »

Whathefunk

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2005, 07:22:50 pm »
So its officially sept. 4th....the boys rocked moe.down, and the summer has come to end (sorry but its true).  I just moved back to amherst and can\'t wait for this show, but there\'s a couple problems.
First off i have emailed tim twice to get promo materials for the show with no response (i understand that its been a busy month for the boys, but if he hasn\'t checked his email for about a month now, how can he possibly be in control on the grassroot promos for the band)
Secondly this show isn\'t even on the calender!

i\'d love to start putting up posters around amherst and noho, or at least get some materials to start copying or whatever....spacey i know u said u could talk to tim for me, but if anyone else has the urge please do so and let me know (via reply or pm). what i can do ro get in touch with him.

thanks,
wtfunk

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2005, 07:41:11 pm »
Tim has just finishing moving and has just started to get his email up again. I will email him for you. PM me your info and I will give him an email.

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2005, 08:56:51 pm »
Last time I went to the Iron Horse last yr., it was a blast!  People were very nice & there was a lot of room to move... Just be careful - I recall Sierra costing $5 a bottle! :eek: OUCH!
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2005, 11:51:19 am »
Quote from: FreeSpirit
Last time I went to the Iron Horse last yr., it was a blast!  People were very nice & there was a lot of room to move... Just be careful - I recall Sierra costing $5 a bottle! :eek: OUCH!

Good thing I drink Miller Lite.

on the promo side of it all, outside of Whatthefunk, does anyone else live or attend school in this area?

How has past attendance at the Iron Horse been for the breakfast?

This is a good location to get newbs to the show or people who like live music.