Author Topic: Trey Anastasio is with the terrorists!!  (Read 2751 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Trey Anastasio is with the terrorists!!
« on: August 26, 2003, 07:20:26 am »
:rolleyes:

Phish has also sent out messages openly and covertly supportive of terrorism. In the Phish song Golgi Apparatus the band encourages violent chemical and biological attacks against American targets. The song begins with the announcement that "I look into my finance box just to check my status." This depicts the precautions taken by every terrorist cell - finding adequate funding. The lyrics next speak of entities called "Golgi" and "lysosome" which would both be useful in a biological attack. Lastly, the band illustrates the outcome of the attack when it talks of spreading "woe." This "woe" refers to the effects of previous terrorist events. The song ends with the conclusion that "I couldn\'t get it wrong, so I had to." This should leave no doubt about their determination. They will stop at nothing to advance their aims.

http://www.americansforwar.com/

tiedyetoga

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 12:44:09 pm »
ok.

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 02:39:49 pm »
I think Tim wrote Great Big about a nuclear attack too. well, not really. \'Long cool blanket of fluff with holes the size of neighborhoods Soft orange cream haze poking it\'s nature through the gray stuffing Cotton scenes in you sky\'.
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 02:42:55 pm »
Sorry Pec, but that\'s a reach, even for my tastes.  Terrorism didn\'t even exist when they wrote that one.  Nowhere near the level of the Boathouse song.  

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2003, 12:38:18 am »
Actually Wolfman terrorism has been around ever since early American History when Andrew Jackson\'s army gave blankets infected with small pox to Native Americans.......

Wow is that website real or what?? What the fuck?? If it is real then damn, that is the most disturbing thing I have ever seen in my life.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2003, 01:48:05 pm »
this is one of the dumbest threads I’ve ever read. Naturally, i had to reply.

Terrorism goes back a little further than 1984, or even than the 1700s as Joe puts. The reason that it is believed that the bubonic plague broke out in Europe is because while invading tribes were besieging Constantinople, they noticed that the men were getting very sick and dying. Running out of things to put in the catapult to throw over the city walls, they started loading in dead soldiers. This is suspected to be the first biological warfare attack. Once the dead bodies were inside the city, disease spread rampant. From here, as one of the busiest hub cities of the time, crusading knights returned home to avoid the disease. They brought with them rats, rats carried the disease, yadayadayada. this was all the 1330s. You could keep going back further and further sighting examples, but basically, terrorism is any (supposed) unjust attack by another nation or group of individuals. That means that any pre-emptive strike could be defined terrorism. Any guerilla warfare is defined as terrorism by the residing power. Examples; the Dutch retaliation to English conquering of there south Africa lands after gold was discovered, the crusades, the French underground against occupation during ww2, Spain and central America, the Spanish inquisition, the current \'terror cells\' in the US, the \'rouge cells\' that are attacking the American soldiers in the middle east. Fulgencio Batista y Zaldivar considered Castro and Che terrorists, ect, ect. as long as there is a governing power somewhere, someone else will want to   besiege the land, and if they are a considered a formable opponent, it will be called a war. If they aren’t, it will be called terrorism.

"Blast! can\'t you keep that infernal racket down in there? I\'m trying to watch the history channel" - Stewie
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2003, 01:59:01 pm »
just checked out that website. pretty extreme, but thats whats great about america. hey dave, watch out... i\'m on to you. and I have proof you terrorist! I quote:
"what part of maine are we talking about here? town? let me know.. [...] i\'m definitely looking to throw 7 in the expedition to cut down on gas costs... ($2.00+ a gallon!! fuckin a!!!)"

Expedition??? $2.00+ a gallon? you\'re worst than Trey.

http://www.americansforwar.com/targets_06.shtml

too funny. heres some quotes from Mr. Vedder:

"don\'t drive me, I\'m an SUV"

"where is it written that you have to agree with everything your president does or your considered anti-american?"

"Rule number 5: You have the right to free speech, unless you\'re actually dumb enough to try it"
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2003, 02:08:51 pm »
Originally posted by FrankZappa
Terrorism goes back a little further than 1984, or even than the 1700s as Joe puts. The reason that it is believed that the bubonic plague broke out in Europe is because while invading tribes were besieging Constantinople, they noticed that the men were getting very sick and dying. Running out of things to put in the catapult to throw over the city walls, they started loading in dead soldiers. This is suspected to be the first biological warfare attack. Once the dead bodies were inside the city, disease spread rampant. From here, as one of the busiest hub cities of the time, crusading knights returned home to avoid the disease. They brought with them rats, rats carried the disease, yadayadayada. this was all the 1330s. You could keep going back further and further sighting examples, but basically, terrorism is any (supposed) unjust attack by another nation or group of individuals. That means that any pre-emptive strike could be defined terrorism. Any guerilla warfare is defined as terrorism by the residing power. Examples; the Dutch retaliation to English conquering of there south Africa lands after gold was discovered, the crusades, the French underground against occupation during ww2, Spain and central America, the Spanish inquisition, the current \'terror cells\' in the US, the \'rouge cells\' that are attacking the American soldiers in the middle east. Fulgencio Batista y Zaldivar considered Castro and Che terrorists, ect, ect. as long as there is a governing power somewhere, someone else will want to   besiege the land, and if they are a considered a formable opponent, it will be called a war. If they aren’t, it will be called terrorism.

thanks paul... that\'s exactly what i was gonna say, but i wasn\'t in the mood to type it all out...

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2003, 02:13:51 pm »
Originally posted by FrankZappa
hey dave, watch out... i\'m on to you. and I have proof you terrorist!