Author Topic: "Psychedelic" mix?  (Read 2045 times)

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
"Psychedelic" mix?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2005, 11:18:04 am »
i think he meant the latter
Postcount +1.

kyndkate

• Vicious.
"Psychedelic" mix?
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2005, 12:43:11 pm »
Quote from: Gordo
yeah, take a break kate.. let me know if you ever get overwhlemed with orders, ill be more than happy to help you. actually, anytime you get a bunch of orders le me know and i WILL pick up some slack (dont bring up WP!).

I\'ll let you know if I get any more b&p\'s.

So are you going to WP tomorrow or what?!? ;)
I\'d better see you on Shakedown tomorrow, Nick Gord, or I\'ll drive to Chicago and beat yo\' ass!
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
"Psychedelic" mix?
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2005, 12:48:49 pm »
How good is a WP show? Never been to one and have only listened to a few poor quality cds of them. Interested and curious to know how they are now that Houser is no longer around.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
"Psychedelic" mix?
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2005, 07:48:32 pm »
honestly, im not a very big Panic fan. the first time i saw them i loved em, but i was kind of a clueless noob in the whole scene and was just excited to find a new lifestyle. i think the hype kinda grabbed hold of me. they are good in their respective genre, really good. southern rock just isnt my forte as a fan. i think J.B. has a great soulful voice and they write quality songs. i just need more energy at a live show, theirs are pretty slow. personally, i think the new guitarist added something to them for me, but took away some of their original sound. houser was way more laid back and would gently move across pentatonic scales, very melodic. the new guy rips, hes more of your stereotypical soloist, IMO. but give them a shot, theyre good and if you can catch them with horns its worth seeing.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
"Psychedelic" mix?
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2005, 07:50:05 pm »
gOrdo check your pms
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
"Psychedelic" mix?
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2005, 07:51:02 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
a serious burning program where i could cut and paste/remove gaps

What do you mean by this?

You aren\'t talking about DAO v. TAO?

or

Do you mean you want to be able to morph 2 songs into 1 and edit the original track

definitely the morph! but i still need a burning program on my computer that can burn DAO, only my external burner isnt TAO which blows b/c im not downloading shows on it.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

bryank

• South Dakota represent!
    • http://www.angelfire.com/sd2/pbrband
"Psychedelic" mix?
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2005, 11:50:57 am »
honestly, im not a very big Panic fan. the first time i saw them i loved em, but i was kind of a clueless noob in the whole scene and was just excited to find a new lifestyle. i think the hype kinda grabbed hold of me. they are good in their respective genre, really good. southern rock just isnt my forte as a fan. i think J.B. has a great soulful voice and they write quality songs. i just need more energy at a live show, theirs are pretty slow. personally, i think the new guitarist added something to them for me, but took away some of their original sound. houser was way more laid back and would gently move across pentatonic scales, very melodic. the new guy rips, hes more of your stereotypical soloist, IMO. but give them a shot, theyre good and if you can catch them with horns its worth seeing.

These are my exact thoughts on WP....there simply isnt enough energy for me either.  JB\'s voice is great and Dave Schools is an amazing bass player but their music just doesnt do it for me.....and no Travis you cant compare them to The Black Crowes.