Author Topic: 12/31/02  (Read 2687 times)

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
12/31/02
« on: May 05, 2003, 01:13:48 pm »
Anyone know the deal on this show?  Is it in circulation?  Will it ever be in circulation?  Why is it a mystery?  Are there plans to officially release it?
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

davepeck

• Administrator
12/31/02
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 01:57:26 pm »
marcial -

matt and i were at phish before heading over to the pb show, so we got there late and didn\'t record. AFAIK, there were no other tapers there. :(

however, tobacco road records (multitrack) and archives all their shows. they then make the recording available to the band (for a fee) afterwards.

while i doubt the band would be willing to pay for this recording, if someone wants to contact tobacco road and see about purchasing it, i\'d be more than willing to start and go in on a pool in order to get this great show circulated.. it\'d be a shame if it was lost forever.

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
12/31/02
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 02:14:08 pm »
Thanks for clearing that up, Dave.  I was pretty sure that neither you or Matt taped it, but for some reason I thought there was already a copy of it that was being held back for whatever reason.

Any idea about what it would cost to get a copy from TR?  I\'ll drop them an email to see what they can tell me about it... this was too ser of a show to let fall through the cracks...
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

davepeck

• Administrator
12/31/02
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2003, 02:43:37 pm »
i have no idea what they\'d be charging. perhaps josh knows, but i don\'y know if he\'s ever inquired about it.. josh?

like i said though, hopefully it\'s not too obscene, but i really don\'t know... IMO, reasonably, i\'d say it\'d be around $150 or so.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
12/31/02
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2003, 07:04:45 pm »
marcial,ive actually acquired about this show the last time i was at tr.they said it was on the way but you might wanna drop them a line anyway.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
12/31/02
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2003, 07:54:59 pm »
I think the last time I checked the cost was $50.00 for the band to get it. I would be more than willing to help with the cost. We might be able to get Dave (TR) to give it to us but he tends to be elusive on the subject. If you need help with it let me know. We do a decent amount of business with him and 3 prix etc
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

davepeck

• Administrator
12/31/02
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2003, 06:53:39 am »
aw hell, if it\'s only $50, that\'ll be sweet! :chin: