Author Topic: Radiohead 8/13/03 Mansfield mass setlist review  (Read 4490 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Radiohead 8/13/03 Mansfield mass setlist review
« on: August 14, 2003, 02:38:23 am »
Radiohead 8/13/03
Tweeter Center Mansfield, MA

Soundcheck
backdrifts, Airbag, Backdrifts, ?*, Idioteque, 2+2=5, Fake Plastic trees, the Gloaming...(more, but this is all i could identify from box office line)

Opening act: The Jigs (??)
I: 2+2=5, Sit down. Stand up, paraniod android, Kid A, Backdrifts, Morning Bell**, My Iron Lung, Where I end and you begin, Sail to the moon^, The Gloaming, Climbing the walls, Creep^^, Like Spinning plates, Go to sleep, Scatterbrain, The National Anthem%, There there

II: Lucky, A punchup at a wedding, Airbag, Everything in its right place%%

Encore: No Suprises, Idioteque

*some songs I did\'t remember names on, these are the ones i still could\'nt figure out after listening to album and reading lyics. sorry.
**Kid A version (faster, with drums)
^Everyone was reading chord chards throughout song
^^someone threw shorts on stage right next to thom. he saw them and did a double take and laughed for a few minutes. Later followed by a bra and a shirt. Alt. Lyrics, "I want a perfect body/so I can look good next to you"
% Thom played the brass section vamp on his guitar, rickeback very bright sound. sounded pretty good.
%% Whole band looped, left stage while song continued.

random interesting facts:
*Thoms wrist bands say rock and roll star
*small radio used for idioteque and others is tuned to channel 80.9fm.  this channel doesn\'t exsit. who knows
* if you thought thoms dancing looks weird on tv....

my day
10:17 leave southington, ct with 2 tix sec 8 row cc and my friend dave

11:50 arrive @ venue to 8 other people. one I knew from pearl jam, he was the only other person looking to upgrade at box office

1:00 box office opens, releases ONE ticket

3:30 meet Paul, who was dicked over by WASTE fan club. apparently they sent him sec 10 and he should have gotten the mosh pit (yes, i\'ll explain it later) ticks. also, pizza is delivered to us in front of box office :)

4 - ish soundcheck starts, made list best i could through group concessus
4:30 -ish box office opens... buy 2 in sec 2 row u. called JOSH to tell him to get down here if he wanted the tixs

5-ish sell 1 of the sec 8 tix. meet Girl in same situation as paul who has 4 tix but only needs two. Have potential sale worked with her to buy her other two tickets for mosh pit.

5-6:30 obtain pit tickets, sell section 2 to some guys i knew from work, call
JOSH again, got your girlfriend. Find wolfman looking like he was enjoying himself to the fullest while trying to sell the 1 ticket.

6:30 finally give up on selling ticket (this must have been what phish was like this year). swallowed the 50$ and go in whith dreams of headbanding to treefinger and we suck young blood. the front 7 rows of center section were removed for the radiohead headbangers. only way to get these tickets is through WASTE. Ticketbastard has no control of them! end up 4 people back from stage and within 10 feet of thom for the show while people on the lawn are getting a lightning and (rain?) storm. So now one of the top five shows has been added to my list, and I leave any radiohead fan with this advice: BUY FROM WASTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! much better tickets, and its a free fan club!!!!

also, check ticket master and radiohead.com often leading up to a show. Tickets went on sale on both at random times throughout the week leading up, not to mention that the box office was still selling section 1 when I went in to the show at 6:30. Just go the show- i\'d be shocked if you couldn\'t get in. not to mention the few shows they play, go see them!!!!

so I had to eat a ticket while mr. palmeri sat home in staven bc he didn\'t want to risk going all the way up there and getting shut out. hmmmmm..... your loss timmy.     So,

chew

on

that.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2003, 01:42:06 am by FrankZappa »
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 07:37:24 am »
paul,and all of this for a wannabe pink floyd?i dont get it..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Holy smokes!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2003, 12:11:20 pm »
I have been psyched for this show for the last week, and Radiohead came through in a HUGE way.  My first Radiohead show.  These guys are the kings of psychedleic rock.  They don\'t jam out, but their songs are so purely psychedelic that you wonder if they\'re from this planet.  Every song they played was overflowing with psychedelic flare and raw emotion.  I have yet to see a jamband that can combine the rock with the emotion this well.  Picture The Slip meets PB.  2+2=5 opener went into a short jam that they somehow cut off seemingly in the middle, but it was tight as hell, lights too.  Paranoid Android was through the roof.  After every song, the crowd would go NUTS, great energy!  Let me tell you, the energy SMOKED all 7 Phish shows I saw last month.  At the end of the show, the crowd went APESHIT, and they came back for two encores.  The first one was four songs long and featured and amazing loop jam where one by one they left the stage while you could still hear them singing.  This went on for about 2 minutes while there was nobody on the stage, it was totally nasty.  Idioteque and Lucky are amazing live songs, glad I got to hear them.  It was quite refreshing to see a big show where the crowd goes crazy at the end and the band thanks them with a serious encore.  Phish is now a spitting match between the band and the fans...nobody cheers after the show, and the band plays 3-minute pre-school songs for encores.  None of that nonsense here, just pure energy, sick lights, and great songs.  What a show.  I\'m going on tour!  (I wish)    RADIOHEAD FUCKIN\' ROCKS!!!!!

So am I a RadioHEAD, or a RadioHead Head?

tiedyetoga

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2003, 01:03:18 pm »
Who wants the show in SHN? FM SBD :)

tiedyetoga

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2003, 02:01:22 pm »
Hmm... Whats this???

http://www.sharingthegroove.org/msgboard/showthread.php?threadid=9336

Radiohead
The Tweeter Center
Mansfield MA
August 13th 2003

Source: Soundboard FM

Setlist:

1 - Intro
2 - 2+2=5
3 - sit down, stand up
4 - paranoid android
5 - kid a
6 - backdrifts
7 - morning bell
8 - my iron lung
9 - where i end and you begin
10 - sail to the moon
11 - the gloaming
12 - climbing up the walls
13 - creep
14 - like spinning plates
15 - go to sleep
16 - scatterbrain
17 - the national anthem
18 - there there
19 - encore 1
20 - lucky
21 - punch-up at a wedding
22 - airbag
23 - everything in its right place
24 - encore 2
25 - no surprises
26 - idioteque
27 - outtro

Tech stuff:
Broadcast live on 104.1 WBCN Boston. Recorded by Pzykotic from a Pioneer SX-580 Stereo Receiver (FM) -> Monster analog RCA cables -> M-Audio AudioPhile 2496 -> 867 Mhz G4 -> Recorded via "LineIn" + "AudioHijack Pro" -> Edited in Quicktime Player Pro (Continuous, nothing cut, no EQs/etc)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2003, 02:06:46 am »
tyedye,

ok, so i\'m a bit out of it. how the hell do i download this? I followed the link, regestered with the page, and downloaded bust!, but i still don\'t know how to save the shns or whatever the format let alone convert it. HELP!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

The Arm

Radiohead is good
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2003, 01:21:06 pm »
I would love a copy of Radioheads Mansfield show. I was there and it was my 2nd show. It was unreal. Where I end and you begin was a show stopper! Kid A was something I thought I would never see live. IDOITEQUE!!!!! They are the masters! I know it was brodcasted on the radio. Hows the quality? Let me know PB people.

The Arm

Radiohead, David Lynch, and PB.

tiedyetoga

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2003, 09:56:27 am »
I haven\'t downloaded it. I have no real interest to, just thought I would pass it along.

tmn8r1

• Guitar Slave
    • http://www.thebreakfast.org
disappointed and disillusioned
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2003, 03:47:18 pm »
fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
When words leave off, music begins. - Heinrich Heine

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2003, 08:38:32 pm »
HA HA TIM, HA HA> Remember what I said?!!!
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Wolfman

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2003, 08:54:15 pm »
Tmn8r = "Newbie PB fan"  Haha!  Hey Tmn8r, do you like Psychedelic breakfast?  I hear they\'re pretty good!  Ha!

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2003, 08:59:31 pm »
rotfl

jefft

• pbfan
    • http://www.etree.org/jefft
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2003, 09:01:36 pm »
One of the moderators should boot the newbie using all the obsenities.
Cheap Sunglasses is a great song!

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2003, 09:03:01 pm »
yeah, who\'s he think he is anyways?? :no:

Wolfman

What a loser
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2003, 12:57:43 pm »
Obviously tmn8r is just more run-of-the-mill illiterate Staven scum.  

He probably has Momauguinitis.