Author Topic: Buy Tix in Advance every chance you get  (Read 1778 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Buy Tix in Advance every chance you get
« on: May 02, 2005, 10:54:11 pm »
Came across this idea on the TLG board. Buying tickets in advance shows the clubs the band is playing in that there is a MARKET for the band. It can be an extra incentive for a club to do some promotion of it\'s own.
 How many times has the band showed up in a town and seen little to no promotion of their show? Hundreds I would think. Most clubs push the bands they know will do well. When The Breakfast play Winston\'s you cannot help but know as they are PLASTERED everywhere outside and in.
The Breakfast is pushing into new markets and alot of places don\'t know this great band. Any preshow buzz is good and buying tix in advance def. helps out.

Someday we\'ll be buying from TheBreakfasttix.com and bitching abt getting shut out and having to buy from Ticketbasterd so enjoy the ease of getting a ticket early now and help out the band also. :)
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Buy Tix in Advance every chance you get
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 11:59:50 pm »
Leith,

Very solid idea. Good thinking.

It wouldn\'t hurt to place a little of the responsibility onto the venues. When every I email a venue about capcities and venue size, I always tell them that we are trying to pack the place. That the more people we get there, the more money they make. I have always gotten good positive responses when they realize that they have an oppurtunity to make more $$$$$$! Sometimes these people just need to be reminded about the money.
I guess what I am saying is, that if they see the potential to make money they will put a little effort into filling their place. When a dozen people show up and they haven\'t made money that night, it could hurt the band from playing there in the future.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.