Author Topic: Calling ALL Board Members  (Read 2354 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Calling ALL Board Members
« on: May 02, 2005, 02:33:35 pm »
In an attempt not to bore all of you with monotonous posts constantly asking you where we can "target" with Breakfast materials to spread the music of the band, I ask all of you, especially those OUTSIDE of Connecticut to help locate these areas.

By "target" places, I mean, Headshops, Coffee Shops, Music Shops, Colleges/Universities, any place where YOU might think that the music of the Breakfast might be accepted. Even if it is a church!

I would like to compile a list of these places, in an effort to help the Band the next time they come through your town.

Example of what I am talking about:

I live in Wallyworld, CT. The most frequently visited places I make it to, that are welcoming of Breakfast material are;
Old Glory - Rock Emporium
Sunshine Daydream - Headshop
Mearle\'s Record Rack - Music Store
Shows I go to

These are places within 10-15 minutes of my house that I can drop material off at. The closer you live to a major city the more places they have. These are places outside of CT\'s New Haven and Hartford.

Next time you are out, take notice of the surroundings and see if we can convert some of these places into mecca\'s for the Breakfast.

Anyone who helps, Thank You.

We can also discuss Promotional Strategies.

We all love the music but we also need to do our part to help. Not everyone is wanting to be part of a Street Team, there are passive fans and that is fine. All I ask is that you help with generating a list of places where we can target and get some effective responses.

The last thing, because, now I bored myself;

We want flyers/bills to be in peoples pockets not on the ground. It looks bad for the band if there are 500 flyers littered on the ground.

Thank You!
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 03:00:02 pm »
We could maintain a database with a list of places to promote in each town that the Breakfast plays at or near.  

Click on a town or venue and a list of suggestions is drawn.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 03:05:06 pm »
exactly what I am talking about!!!

the LESS work for the street team member the BETTER. I think that if someone knows they can drop off material at a location it is easier then trying to go in and ask people if it is alright.

The focus, I believe is in the cities. There is more culture and more opportunities for them to build a fanbase.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 03:47:51 pm »
another thing tha might be good is having reviews of the shows.

is there anyone who can write?

lets say, I have never been to a show but would like to go. I think it would be a good thing to ba able to read a review of a show. Also, we can send them into jambase and jambands so the community at large can read them. it would give them great exposure!

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 12:21:26 am »
Quote from: Spacey
another thing tha might be good is having reviews of the shows.

is there anyone who can write?

lets say, I have never been to a show but would like to go. I think it would be a good thing to ba able to read a review of a show. Also, we can send them into jambase and jambands so the community at large can read them. it would give them great exposure!

I\'ve been on it for 5 years.  I have about 50 reviews in the review archive.  http://www.thebreakfast.info/modules.php?s=&mop=modload&file=index&name=Reviews

I always send to jambands and jambase.  It\'s tough to get on there though.  The last time I made the front page of jambase was last August for Herbie Hancock at Carnegie Hall, and the last time I made it for PB was for a Pearl Street show in \'03.  In order to be published, 1. The show has to be highly significant 2. Your review needs to be superb and 3. You have to get a little lucky.  I can take care of #2 when I want to, but you still need #3 to break for you no matter how well you write because they get so many reviews.  And #1 is tough.  They\'ll never publish a review of a non-holiday show at Porter\'s or Cafe 9 that was played in front of 50 people.  If you have to use your review to convince them why the show was important, you\'re pretty much toast.  The Webster could qualify though.  One sentence about homecoming and huge crowd and "theater" will toe the line nicely.  So I\'ll bring my A-game for Saturday\'s review, and I\'m sure the band will bring their A-game to the show :)

Here are some reviews that I feel really good about that you can circulate:

9/14/1 Iron Horse: http://www.thebreakfast.info/modules.php?name=Reviews&file=viewreview&id=69

11/19/99 Butterfield: http://www.thebreakfast.info/modules.php?name=Reviews&file=viewreview&op=newreview&id=148

7/27/1 Camp Creek: http://www.thebreakfast.info/modules.php?name=Reviews&file=viewreview&id=44

Summer Tour 2002 (34 pages!):  http://www.thebreakfast.info/modules.php?name=Reviews&file=viewreview&id=82

:lol: 12/31/1 This show did not actually happen.  I posted this as a prank on New Year\'s Day.  One of the best I\'ve ever written though!  Circulate this! :lol: http://www.thebreakfast.info/modules.php?name=Reviews&file=viewreview&id=151

Looks like I need to get back on the train though.  We start Saturday!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 12:42:54 am by Wolfman »

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 12:35:45 am »
It\'s good to learn these things.

I think that it is important still to have reviews that people can read about shows, getting them published is still always a nice reward. I am glad that someone is able to write a review. It is a difficult task to write a decent review let alone a superb one. Keep it up! Good work! I am going to read some of these past reviews.

It good to have some capable of writing a review because I lack a certain zing in writing.

you still running lights in hartford?

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 12:39:00 am »
Quote from: Spacey

you still running lights in hartford?

Yes.  Maybe I\'ll sneak a comment in there about the light show.  :lol:

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 12:41:23 am »
:lol:
gotta make it seem like people missed out
:lol:

well, it seems we need to compete with the Umph again in this aspect...

put them to shame, my bookie friend...