Author Topic: Question: How much of a true fan are you?  (Read 2421 times)

TheBaroness

• Cobra Intelligence
    • http://www.myuselessknowledge.com/joe/baroness.html
Question: How much of a true fan are you?
« on: April 21, 2005, 02:13:51 am »
I\'ve been reading some of the "talk" on here and I\'ve been having some doubts about the fanbase.  You know... the fans help the band out immensely... help any band out immensely.  I see there\'s some "supporting members" on this forum, but how many of you actually pay to see these guys?  They\'re all talented.  I\'m sure the majority of you can agree with me on that one.  But, c\'mon.... the true fans should have no problem paying to see them or even tip them at their side projects (kind of like waitresses/waiters... they make their money from tips really).  From what I\'ve gathered and I haven\'t been around for a long time... the fans need to step up.  

Oh.. and about Grassroots.  Why don\'t you guys talk to the people that run it first and ask them what\'s being done before you start going off like frogs in a sock...

To sum this little rant up... money doesn\'t grow on trees.  We all should know that.  There\'s a few ways bands make it big... networking (knowing people), being filthy rich from the start (silver spoon possibly?), catching the oh-so-magical break (whatever that is), or the fans being there for the band and really supporting them.  It\'d be nice for the fans to help out enough so there\'s some awesome band photos for posters and newspapers.  It\'d help get the band more noticed (instead of looking like a hardcore group).  So, I think you all get what I\'m saying here.  If any are offended, they wasn\'t my intent.  I just want the bitching to stop.  For people to come together and talk things out.  Be proactive.

So... stfu and do something.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 02:26:31 am by TheBaroness »

Fortyseven

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 02:28:18 am »
Hell yeah, you\'re absolutely right.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 02:56:27 am »
What bitching are you talking about? Because alot of it goes on here but about different things. So are you saying that all the people that go to the shows don\'t pay ? I do not understand.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

TheBaroness

• Cobra Intelligence
    • http://www.myuselessknowledge.com/joe/baroness.html
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 02:59:57 am »
Did I say that?  No.  I\'m sure the majority pay.  I\'m just trying to point some things out.
When/if these guys do start playing at the more pricey venues let\'s hope that the fans that were around when they started out don\'t fade away.

Comprende?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 03:03:56 am by TheBaroness »

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 03:10:11 am »
Well I think if someone is bothering to post here @ .info they most likely really like The Breakfast and support them the best they can. The supporting member tag is in support of this website which though owned by a personal friend of the band it is not owned by them. That site can be found @ thebreakfast.org. I think everyone here does what they can to support this band but if you haven\'t noticed the Majority of the fanbase is located in the NE and the band is not really well known outside of there no matter how much the fans elsewhere pimp them. So I think we all are together though we may not seem like it all the time.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 03:34:38 am »
this sounds like a rant on marcials joke about \'i hope they stay small so I can keep seeing them for $5\'...

Marcial... The same man who takes the band in and gives them free room and board when they tour down south... I think everyone does there part ok.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 06:53:26 am »
Quote from: TheBaroness
I think you all get what I\'m saying here.

honestly, i have no idea...

How much of a true fan are you?

I\'ve been having some doubts about the fanbase.

From what I\'ve gathered and I haven\'t been around for a long time... the fans need to step up.  

really?

i\'m not really sure who\'s going to come into this thread and try to justify their fandom to you, but i\'m sure as hell not going to.

this looks a lot like \'stepping up\' to me... :confused:

Oh.. and about Grassroots.  Why don\'t you guys talk to the people that run it first and ask them what\'s being done before you start going off like frogs in a sock...

fact: there was a period of 3 months in which there were 0 posts in the grassroots forum, during which time, people hear reports of the band being on the road, playing multiple shows in front of 10-15 people. so the same fans you\'re \'doubting\' and asking to \'step up\' are not allowed to express concern over a very important aspect of the band (grassroots)? :confused:

It\'d be nice for the fans to help out enough so there\'s some awesome band photos for posters and newspapers.  It\'d help get the band more noticed (instead of looking like a hardcore group).

people think the breakfast is a hardcore band?? :confused:

fans helping out = posters and pictures in newspapers?? :confused:

I think you all get what I\'m saying here.

honestly, i have no idea...

I just want the bitching to stop.  For people to come together and talk things out.  Be proactive.

So... stfu and do something.

again - just one example... there are a lot of people volunteering their time and money for the good of this band.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 07:58:23 am »
Blah blah woof woof

That was the dumbest post in the history of .info.  Talk about a lonely internet troll.  Baronness, would you care to explain what YOU have been doing to help the band?  Because unless you have a very long list of dedicated service, your comments are completely hollow.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 08:43:01 am by Wolfman »

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2005, 08:03:01 am »
:lol: Here\'s Baroness\'s first ever post here:

"Who are Adrian and Sean?" :holyshit:

Hey Baroness, how much of a true fan are YOU?