Author Topic: Pearl Jam News [MERGED]  (Read 29384 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #195 on: June 17, 2008, 10:07:46 am »
2008-06-16 - Colonial Center; Columbia, SC

Set: Can\'t Keep, Why Go, All Night, Hail Hail, Sad, Severed Hand, Red Mosquito, I Am Mine, Even Flow, Off He Goes, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Present Tense, Whipping, I Got Id, Army Reserve, Glorified G, Do The Evolution

E1: Inside Job, Given To Fly, Education, W.M.A., Better Man, Save You, Porch

E2: No More, Footsteps, Alive

E3: Indifference

--

2 MORE DAYS!!!

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #196 on: June 17, 2008, 10:12:04 am »
that setlist last night is amazing, I can\'t wait for hartford/boston 1 (really wish I was going to boston 2 also after reading the past couple setlists).
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

weekapaug19

• In the house
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #197 on: June 18, 2008, 08:47:18 am »
Does any need 2 lawn tickets to the meadows show. I have access to get 2 for a few dollars below face value (not much, but it\'s still cheaper) but only until around 4 this afternoon.  If interested, PM me
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

weekapaug19

• In the house
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #198 on: June 20, 2008, 09:21:12 am »
Dave, you went last night, right? We need a review. Rats and leash?!?!?!? Insane setlist.

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #199 on: June 20, 2008, 09:39:36 am »
2008-06-19 - Susquehanna Bank Center; Camden, NJ

I: Hard To Imagine, Corduroy, Severed Hand, Do The Evolution, All Night, In Hiding, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Gone, Who You Are, Unemployable, Even Flow, Light Years, Grievance, Given To Fly, U, Rats, Why Go

E1: Love Reign O\'er Me, Better Man(Save it for Later), State Of Love And Trust, Black, Leash

E2: No More, Crazy Mary, Porch, Yellow Ledbetter

---

my 21st pearl jam show.

instant classic.

easily top 3. quite possibly best.

miserable traffic most of the way down. miserable line to wait for $15 parking. miserable line for 10c tickets well after the 7:30 time on the ticket.

and we were rewarded greatly.

i knew as soon as they opened with HTI (my first!) that it was going to be a special night. well, that\'s certainly an understatement. don\'t know if they\'ve ditched the recorded intro to SH, but they did for this show. LOVE the early DTE. i liked All Night on first listen, but will definitely have to hear it more (sure i will over the next 6 shows). IN HIDING! WHO YOU ARE!! Light Years dedicated to Tim Russert actually brought a tear to my eye. the rest of the set from there on is just "wow", especially the last 3 - U, RATS!, and Why Go. incredible set.

loved that they opened E1 with LROM - my first time hearing it. Better Man was certainly made better with the SIFL tag at the end, though it was just the "don\'t run away" (x infinity) and "don\'t let me down" parts, still very cool. SOLAT?!?! this show just keeps getting better! Black was Black, but then to close E1 with LEASH (the first of the tour)!!! WOW.

E2 was also fantastic, and not really standard. No More was Ed solo. i love it, and i\'ve only seen it at the Ed solo show in April. wasn\'t expecting a CM at this point, but it was awesome. only the 2nd of the tour, and jammed out heavily with some ser trade-offs between mike and boom at the end. it had a climax that might make you think it was the last song of the night, but low and behold, they go into PORCH afterwards!! this placement was fantastic, and obviously made for a HUGE surprise. during it, the boys were going well over curfew, and the house lights came up (and not per Ed\'s request like he sometimes does). they didn\'t seem to give a shit though, and after a rockin\' long Porch, they closed it with YB.

wow.

i think i called Pitchie something like 8 times during the show to report what i was seeing. that\'s the first of 7 on this run for me, and honestly, it\'s gonna be hard to top. but with 2 MSG shows and 2 "great woods" shows still coming up, anything can happen.

this is the greatest band in the universe, and i am psyched.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #200 on: June 20, 2008, 06:02:45 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;193689

this is the greatest band in the universe, .

More ser than Tatu?  You cannot be ser.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 06:05:02 pm by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #201 on: June 23, 2008, 02:19:13 pm »
ugh. after being on self inflicted pj withdrawal for over a year I wanted to check something and put on no code just now. Why the hell did I put on a pearl jam album right before they tour through my home town when I don\'t have tickets, don\'t want to go, and there are tickets still available?

as a much wiser person than I once said, balls.

Also, smile was a pretty damn rough song to listen to. :asskicked
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #202 on: June 24, 2008, 03:06:44 pm »
MSG, here we come!

i\'m calling a Release opener tonight. fingers are crossed.

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #203 on: June 24, 2008, 04:54:54 pm »
who\'s going to Hartford?

StringerBell

• MY NAME IS MY NAME
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #204 on: June 24, 2008, 08:04:32 pm »
I went to Hartford 06, mediocre show by PJ standards.. I\'m going to straight to the goods, Tweeter center baby (err comcast center?) Though I\'m envious of all the lucky ones at MSG tonight!

weekapaug19

• In the house
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #205 on: June 25, 2008, 09:36:13 am »
Dave.....MSG1 review needed asap. Setlist looks amazing.

4 days til hartford!!!!

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #206 on: June 25, 2008, 09:47:33 am »
"posters sold out at 6:30p, before doors opened" - txt from dave last night. looks like same b.s. as last tour. :sigh:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

weekapaug19

• In the house
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #207 on: June 25, 2008, 09:55:09 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;194153
"posters sold out at 6:30p, before doors opened" - txt from dave last night. looks like same b.s. as last tour. :sigh:

I"m not a poster collector, and really don\'t get the hype surrounding these so I don\'t follow all the BS that goes along with getting them, but how in the world does this happen??? Can the MSG employees buy them?

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #208 on: June 25, 2008, 10:10:18 am »
they (pj) actually have a great system for poster buying this year. you go to the merch stand and buy a bracelet - one bracelet. and with that bracelet, you pick up your poster at the end of the show.

msg managed to take a giant shit on this system. let\'s see:

they were sold out by the time i got there at 6:30.
they were only sold at the booth outside.
you didn\'t need a ticket to the show to get a poster.
they weren\'t even making people put the wristbands on until afterwards when they were picking the posters up! (so people could have bought multiple bracelets)

weekapaug19

• In the house
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #209 on: June 25, 2008, 10:13:51 am »
Quote from: davepeck;194158
they (pj) actually have a great system for poster buying this year. you go to the merch stand and buy a bracelet - one bracelet. and with that bracelet, you pick up your poster at the end of the show.

msg managed to take a giant shit on this system. let\'s see:

they were sold out by the time i got there at 6:30.
they were only sold at the booth outside.
you didn\'t need a ticket to the show to get a poster.
they weren\'t even making people put the wristbands on until afterwards when they were picking the posters up! (so people could have bought multiple bracelets)

Ya, I heard about the braclet system, but that\'s messed up that they were selling them outside the areana and you could buy multiple braclets.