Poll

What is your favorite track on \'Real Radio\'?

nner Glimpse
6 (5.7%)
era Street
5 (4.8%)
leeping Beauty
7 (6.7%)
oughboy
9 (8.6%)
ravity
19 (18.1%)
o Regret
6 (5.7%)
airy
6 (5.7%)
core
9 (8.6%)
imension 5
8 (7.6%)
resh Cut
5 (4.8%)
he Grand Scheme Of Things
25 (23.8%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Author Topic: What is your favorite track on \'Real Radio\'?  (Read 36886 times)

davepeck

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 14106
What is your favorite track on \'Real Radio\'?
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2005, 07:13:25 pm »
Quote from: princesscaspian
( im gonna assume SER is a good thing? ... i know, damn newbies...)



jocelyn

  • Not in charge.
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6294
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
What is your favorite track on \'Real Radio\'?
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2005, 08:11:53 pm »
Princess Caspian, you\'ve been posting here awhile... can\'t believe you haven\'t asked about (or figured out) ser by now! The wonder must have been eating away at you. :)
Masturbation in the MFA

Gordo

  • Nicky Cheesecake
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3260
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
What is your favorite track on \'Real Radio\'?
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2005, 08:18:53 pm »
i figured it out after reading one thread... there must have been 150 SER\'s that i read within 5 minutes. i havent used it yet, just not comfortable. im sure after my 7 hour trek to see the boys in Ohio ill be spittin SER on here like a golfcourse sprinkler system. it\'s so nice, as i prepare to see this band, to KNOW that im going to get an incredible show. its actually kind of crazy. theyre so good that you dont even have to worry about catching a bad show. am i right, am i right, am i right? theyre so good on an average night, that they could blow away James Brown on his worst night... yeah, eat it trey.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

  • B'Fam West Coast Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8965
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
What is your favorite track on \'Real Radio\'?
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2005, 08:41:18 pm »
Quote from: Gordo
i figured it out after reading one thread... there must have been 150 SER\'s that i read within 5 minutes. i havent used it yet, just not comfortable. im sure after my 7 hour trek to see the boys in Ohio ill be spittin SER on here like a golfcourse sprinkler system. it\'s so nice, as i prepare to see this band, to KNOW that im going to get an incredible show. its actually kind of crazy. theyre so good that you dont even have to worry about catching a bad show. am i right, am i right, am i right? theyre so good on an average night, that they could blow away James Brown on his worst night... yeah, eat it trey.


Ok first, Ser will become natural. I just spent the weekend hanging out w/a friend from out in PB country who now lives out here. After about an hour or so of hanging out he says to me "so what the fuck? you use ser now?" I told him yeah \'cause i can\'t help it it just comes out.

2nd due to your newbness I can understand how excited you are but be certain of this James Brown is the unquestioned Godfather of Soul. His worst night would make you pee your pants like a baby because you would not be able to pull yourself away from the stage. His best night would knock you senseless for a week. Best recognize!

Now saying that The Breakfast are the Unquestioned Harbingers Of Rock! They will blow your ass out the door if you are not ready. So ya you don\'t have to worry TheBreakfast bring it every night !!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Gordo

  • Nicky Cheesecake
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3260
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
What is your favorite track on \'Real Radio\'?
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2005, 08:47:17 pm »
gotchya, but hey-- you see James Brown recently?? yeah, i will definitely recognize and not disrespect, but he shouldve cut himself off when he couldnt sing more than 10% of the time. it was really just a call out to that scene in Bittersweet Motel.. indirectly i was saying that the Breakfast right now can throw down way harder than Phish in 97 or 98, whenever the Great Went was.  but hey-- im young, always keep me in line when you think you should, i take NOTHING personal and i love being humbled.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Gordo

  • Nicky Cheesecake
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3260
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
What is your favorite track on \'Real Radio\'?
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2005, 08:50:26 pm »
by the way, im assuming SER is pronounced sUr, not sEEr. ive only read it, so i cant be positive on my translation to sound......
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

jocelyn

  • Not in charge.
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6294
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
What is your favorite track on \'Real Radio\'?
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2005, 09:08:17 pm »
Not sur. I think seer is usually 2 syllables (seer- one who sees), so that\'s not it eithet.

Pronounced once syllable, with a long e. Like the first syllable of seriously. Sear.
Masturbation in the MFA

jocelyn

  • Not in charge.
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6294
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
What is your favorite track on \'Real Radio\'?
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2005, 09:09:21 pm »
Dave, you should make a sticky somewhere explaining the pronunciation, meaning, usage, and history of the word ser. So those who don\'t know.. will know.
Masturbation in the MFA

leith

  • B'Fam West Coast Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8965
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
What is your favorite track on \'Real Radio\'?
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2005, 09:17:56 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn
Dave, you should make a sticky somewhere explaining the pronunciation, meaning, usage, and history of the word ser. So those who don\'t know.. will know.


Yeah and give Freddie\'s ego moooore of a boost. Yeah great call Joc. NOT!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

jocelyn

  • Not in charge.
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6294
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
What is your favorite track on \'Real Radio\'?
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2005, 09:20:52 pm »
Oh, good point. I only made the suggestion because it has to be explained so often.
Masturbation in the MFA

leith

  • B'Fam West Coast Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8965
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
What is your favorite track on \'Real Radio\'?
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2005, 09:28:57 pm »
Quote from: Gordo
gotchya, but hey-- you see James Brown recently?? yeah, i will definitely recognize and not disrespect, but he shouldve cut himself off when he couldnt sing more than 10% of the time. it was really just a call out to that scene in Bittersweet Motel.. indirectly i was saying that the Breakfast right now can throw down way harder than Phish in 97 or 98, whenever the Great Went was.  but hey-- im young, always keep me in line when you think you should, i take NOTHING personal and i love being humbled.


2 years ago James Brown started 1 hour late and I\'ll tell you this after his 3.5 hour performance I forgot he was late starting. His voice may not always be in form but i\'ll tell you his band was TIGHT and always will be. He may be a crazy coke snortin\' fool sometimes but still brings a great show.
 As for Phish yeah The Breakfast do throw down in terms of energy and bringing a tight show more consistently than where Phish were in \'98.

Also realize I post in jest alot not as harsh as Wah but hey I\'m not a prick.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Gordo

  • Nicky Cheesecake
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3260
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
What is your favorite track on \'Real Radio\'?
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2005, 09:33:41 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn
Pronounced once syllable, with a long e. Like the first syllable of seriously. Sear.


there it is joc, sear.. thats what i was trying to say with the seer, you did it right. nice work.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

princesscaspian

  • gemini tactics
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1407
What is your favorite track on \'Real Radio\'?
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2005, 12:13:28 am »
Quote from: jocelyn
Dave, you should make a sticky somewhere explaining the pronunciation, meaning, usage, and history of the word ser. So those who don\'t know.. will know.



no way half the fun is figuring it out!!   sorry it must get annoying hearing people asking that all the time, but i just feel real "in" now that i\'ve got the lingo down....  thanks for letting me in :)
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Spacey

  • w0okadactyl fo\' life
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 14812
What is your favorite track on \'Real Radio\'?
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2005, 01:36:19 am »
gotta say, as I listen more to RR, I begin to hear more layers of the music. Ser bass riffs in gravity. Ser bass riffs from a ser bassist!
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

jocelyn

  • Not in charge.
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6294
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
What is your favorite track on \'Real Radio\'?
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2005, 07:38:24 am »
Quote from: princesscaspian
no way half the fun is figuring it out!!   sorry it must get annoying hearing people asking that all the time, but i just feel real "in" now that i\'ve got the lingo down....  thanks for letting me in :)


We\'re glad to have you in. :)

Nobody say anything about that comment. Shut it up yous.
Masturbation in the MFA