Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-02-10 - The Stone Church; Newmarket, NH  (Read 2137 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2005-02-10 - The Stone Church; Newmarket, NH
« on: February 11, 2005, 07:51:47 am »
I: The Chase, Beef Barley, Doughboy, Sleeping Beauty > Echidna\'s Arf (Of You) > No Regret > What The Funk, Fairy > Drum Solo, Language Of The Gods, Inner Glimpse, Message In A Bottle

E: No Glove No Love, Wild Pack Of Asscracks

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 08:01:07 am »
UGH!

can\'t remember the last time i had to go to work directly after a show.. possibly one of the worst moves i ever made going up last night.. i usually have the luxury of working from home on fridays, but found out as i was leaving yesterday that i\'d be needed in the office.. UGH!!!!

weather was horrible, and the band could have easily cancelled the show and people would have understood. whiteouts the whole way up.. 20mph on the highway... tons of cars stuck... but we made it, and surprisingly, so did a bunch of other people. certainly not bad at all considering how bad the weather was.

a pretty standard set, designed to make people dance, and that it did. people were definitely into it, and you could tell people were thankful that the band made it up.

i saw a couple doing the \'nikki/joanna dance\' during language... weird.. i almost went up and asked them to stop. ;)

the stone church is definitely a nice room, and i\'m looking forward to the b\'fast playing there again when the weather isn\'t so frightful.. great sounding room as well.

jason - nice work braving the weather, and great to meet you. great to see al z and lulu out as well.. one more to go, al! :(

hope everyone had a safe trip home.. this will be the longest day EVER.

NO SLEEP TIL KEEPSIE!!!

see y\'all tonight!

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 06:26:30 pm »
Driving slowly on the highway to and from the show wasn\'t fun.  The venue was at the top of a snowy street.  My car made it halfway up the street then started sliding backwards downhill.  Lauren and I got there late but somehow the Breakfast took the stage the minute we got there.  Must have been because of a slow ride for them as well.  

I agree with Dave that the room and sound are great.  I\'d head up there for another show.  The show fit the mood of the slow and snowy night, though there was a faithful, energetic group up front the whole time.  I was too tired to bop around the place so I opted to sit and enjoy the music instead.  Very clear sound in the church so we got to really dissect the components of the band during each song.  

It was shocking seeing Peck there, especially since he probably went straight to work after the long ride home.  Luckily I had a vacation day and slept till Peck was on his way home from work.  Hope Jocelyn wasn\'t in one of the cars that crashed off the highway (we saw lots of them on the ride up).  Good to meet Jason A who trekked down from Maine were road conditions were probably even worse.  Thanks to Chris, Peck, Adrian, Jordan and anyone else who helped push my car out of the snowy rut it got stuck in.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex