Author Topic: No Moore  (Read 5252 times)

mvallo

No Moore/NYC Friday the 18th!
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2003, 08:59:29 pm »
Sounds like an experimatal night of taping.   I was wondering if dave had sucess trying his his new peice of hardware (EMI 2/6)?   He was attempting a matix.    Were there any other tapers? maybe we can patch in that lost minute from another source.

What do you think of 24/48 vs 16/44.1?

Matt Vallo

tiedyetoga

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2003, 08:11:07 am »
I think Dave\'s came out ok. He missed the first 8 minutes of set one I think. I\'m not sure, you have to ask him.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2003, 09:40:35 am »
here\'s the report from over here...

i got my emi 6|2 a couple weeks ago, but hadn\'t had a chance to even plug it in, let alone test it out... so this was totally a trial run for me...

i got to work on friday, and realized that i didn\'t have any multitrack software installed on my computer! not good! so i went around looking for some, and all i could come up with was Cakewalk Sonar. guess what? not compatible with the 6|2...

luckily i had my VX Pocket with me, just in case something like this happened. the matrix wouldn\'t have really been feasible anyways, as the board was located right next to the stage. i went with a straight board patch.

the board mix wasn\'t bad, though the vocals were a little hot at times. the only flaw is that josh (not kroop) was asleep at the wheel at the beginning of the set and at the beginning of the encore, and had my signal turned off. it was weird though - i did get a very faint signal, so when editing, i raised the volume of those sections to get it closer to the real recording. doesn\'t sound the same, but none of the music is missing. i\'d say it was about 30-45 seconds total, both of them combined. not bad.

i\'m gonna put this one out there. it\'ll be up for BT download later in the week. mike, i\'d like to get yours out there as well, since board/aud is like apples and oranges, and some people would prefer one over the other. i\'d like to have both of them in the archive as well.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2003, 10:28:01 am »
no problem do you want the 24/48 recording or do you want the conversion of 16/44.1 . I have to say the recordings came out pretty good. The exception being first few sec of set 1 where i am adjusting levels, again at 22 minute mark (adrians drum rolls were very dynamic) and then missing minute or so of terrapin. I would say the recording seems a little clearer than when i was actually standing there listening.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2003, 10:32:15 am »
RE: mvallo

Well Matt I would have to say that there is a much nicer feel to the higher bit depth. That being said the Digi-MOD UA-5 does not allow audio to be sent to it from pc over usb (it happens when they mod it) so I have yet to hear a true 24 bit playback. There is definite difference in the 2 recordings. I have to a PCI soundcard for my tower to correct this situation but so far I definitely like what I hear. And It was fitting that my very first 24/48 recording was of PB
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2003, 10:33:42 am »
mike - i\'ll take 16/44.1, but only if you were already planning on converting it. if not, 24/48 is fine. if you want, i\'ll send you the sbd shn\'s in exchange for this. i\'ll just need your addy. thanks!

tiedyetoga

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2003, 10:37:08 am »
Dave, do you want to set up your tracker this week?

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2003, 10:49:24 am »
yeah, i should have time for it tomorrow or wednesday night...

tiedyetoga

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2003, 10:54:41 am »
I can do it tommorow, Wenesday is no good. I\'m going to Scofield at Toads.

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2003, 12:56:29 pm »
converted and shn\'d. let me know what you would like to do