Author Topic: another stupid question  (Read 2548 times)

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
another stupid question
« on: November 02, 2004, 10:34:36 pm »
evrytime I log onto this site from my home machine, I have to refresh every screen... other wise, I don\'t see the new posts.  This get\'s annoying as I not only have to do it on the main forum page, but every sub-forum and even every thread!  Is there a setting I need to change or something?
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

davepeck

• Administrator
another stupid question
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 10:15:39 am »
that\'s a weird one, marcial.. make sure you have cookies turned on.. also, you are using thebreakfast.info, not pbfans.com, right?

i dunno.. let me know if that works for you. it\'s just your home machine?

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
another stupid question
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 07:17:55 pm »
I used to have that same problem with my old computer while at UMass.  It would load webpages as they appeared the last ime they were viewed.  

Solution: graduate from college, move in with your parents and use their computer!

Problem solved.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
another stupid question
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 05:32:42 am »
many connections advertise that they are \'faster\' while still pulling the same bandwith stream. the way they do this is to load old information (cookie and cache data) from the last time you visted that is stored on your computer right away, and then pull in any new information while your buisy looking at the version saved on your computer. The plus to this is an appearence of faster speed. The downside is that your looking at old information, and depending on the type of page, you may have to refresh like your saying.

To check it, go online without anything transfering, and then go to this site. see if you have data being transfered after the page is fully loaded. If there is, then this is most likely what is happening.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke