Author Topic: For some fun baseball to watch.  (Read 4010 times)

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
For some fun baseball to watch.
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2004, 10:41:30 am »
Originally posted by leith
I laugh @ everyone that complains about the WNBA. It is fun to watch though not as flashy for sure. These women play just as hard if not harder than their counterparts in the NBA and team concept is first. So for me it is a refreshing change of pace.

I don\'t have any figures to back this up (Wolf?), but if I were a betting man I would bet that the WNBA is losing tons of money.  Fortunately, the NBA can keep it around for a tax write-off and to keep women\'s groups off its back.  And as far as the level of play, it is just like watching women\'s college ball.  In the NCAA, there are just a few female players who dominate anyway, so throw them all together and you\'ve got the WNBA.  The team with the best players wins.  Always.  It\'s not like the NBA, where just taking the "best players" doesn\'t necessarily make the best team (see: The $678,000,000 2004 Olympic team).  There is a greater number of "good" players in the NBA, and that makes for an all-around better game.

But in the end, NBA players phone it in until the postseason.  That\'s bound to happen in a league where 50% of the teams make the playoffs.  I\'ll take men\'s college hoops anyday.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California