Author Topic: help with vermont song for guitar???  (Read 2734 times)

dukeblue42

help with vermont song for guitar???
« on: June 23, 2003, 11:02:55 am »
hey,
i figured it\'s a long shot but who knows...anyways my friend has been working on figuring out some PB (in a rather simplified form though because we\'e not Tim) and we need some help with vermont song, chords-wise...

it seems the verse is a basic A > D > A for the first, second and fourth line (with an A > G>G#>A fill every so often) but it seems to swithc up briefly for the third line of each verse...we can\'t seem to figure that third line out

as for the chorus it sounds like an E>D, with the end outro being a E>D>A...

obviosuly this is our my bud\'s take on it and not nearly as fancy as what is *really* played, but if anyone has any idea on taht third verse line or has been working on any other tunes let me know...

peace,
jon

dukeblue42

ok i think i got it
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2003, 01:31:17 pm »
ok i think i got it figured out, so if you play guitar, try it out and have fun, good luck with a solo

"vermont song" by psychedelic breakfast

verse: A > D-A for 2 lines then D > G-D for the next, with a fourth line of A > D-A......fill every so often with  A > G-G#-A

chorus: E > D
E                                                  D
Coloful trees, the autumn leaves blow free
                         A > D-A (back to verse)
Peace and love surrounding me

end outro: E > D > A(twice as long)
E                     D
Colorful trees, the autumn leaves blow free
A
Peace and love surrounding me

take it for what it\'s worth, hope it helps somebody...let me know if anyone else has tried any other PB tunes

peace,
jon

dukeblue42

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 01:32:40 pm »
my apologies because it did not line up right...email me dukeblue42@aol.com if you have questions

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2003, 01:16:57 pm »
vermont song is easy. just go buy the sheet music to willie the pimp by Eric Clapton. Oh wait; I wasn\'t suppost to say that. you never read this.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

finny finster

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2003, 07:10:26 pm »
willie the pimp?? and your name is frank zappa? wow,
its willie and the hand jive by eric clapton.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2003, 01:42:46 am »
yea, i thought of that after i posted, but I never bothered to follow up a correction. you got me. I\'ll put my foot back in my mouth now. ;)
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke