Author Topic: Setlist: 2004-05-20 - Lizard Lounge; New York, NY  (Read 1848 times)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Setlist: 2004-05-20 - Lizard Lounge; New York, NY
« on: May 26, 2004, 08:49:32 pm »
I: Inner Glimpse, No Regret, No Glove No Love, Dig, Doughboy, Vera Street, Beef Barley*, The Chase, Eat That Phone Book Coda

* with \'Pop Goes the Weasel\' tease.

Setlist:  Who Cares

Review:  I really would rather not review this show.  I think the band feels the same.  This was probably the worst Breakfast show I have ever seen, in terms of both crowd and music.  The crowd consisted of 6 fans and 4 people at the bar who were trying their best not to pay attention.  There was one guy who seemed to be new who was getting into it.  The band didn\'t even try...6 songs, all radio-edit style with only the slightest jam in Beef Barley, and they were off the stage in 45 merciful minutes.  Doozies like this used to be funny and the band used to rock out at them or do crazy stuff, and I gave them a lot of credit for that.  But they (admittedly) didn\'t even want to be up there tonight, the doozie factor really got them down.  Especially this being about the 20th show in New York City, to draw 6 people is a complete embarassment.  

Yogi Berra-ism of the night:  I\'m really glad more people didn\'t see this....but if lots of people had seen it, it wouldn\'t be a doozie.  Hmmm....