Author Topic: Well this is interesting...  (Read 2354 times)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Well this is interesting...
« on: May 29, 2015, 11:03:43 am »
Kung Fu Replaces Todd Stoops from Jambands.com

Kung Fu keyboardist Todd Stoops has been replaced, per a pair of statements from both Stoops and the band.

According to Stoops, he returned from a run with the band that included sets at Summer Camp and Revival to an email stating that he was being replaced effective immediately. In their statement, the band added, “We wish Todd nothing but the very best for his family, his musical endeavors, and we are grateful for everything he has contributed as a founding member of Kung Fu.”

Replacing Stoops will be Beau Sasser, who has worked with the Alan Evans Trio, Ryan Montbleau and others. The band says, “He’s a beast of a different flavor on keys, with incredible songwriting skills, and we are very excited to have him on the Kung Fu team.”

Read the band’s full statement below.

Change is exciting, challenging, and a constant part of life. It is the process of evolution and growth. We do our best to embrace change in our lives and the music we play, and it is in this spirit that we announce that Kung Fu and Todd Stoops are parting ways.

Todd is our brother, a brilliant musician, and composer. This decision has been difficult for everyone involved. We wish Todd nothing but the very best for his family, his musical endeavors, and we are grateful for everything he has contributed as a founding member of Kung Fu.

We would like to give a gigantic welcome to Beau Sasser as our new keyboardist. Beau is most notable for his work with Alan Evans Trio, Melvin Sparks, Beau Sasser’s Escape Plan, The Z3, Uncle Sammy, Ryan Montbleau and more. He is a beast of a different flavor on keys, with incredible song writing skills, and we are very excited to have him on the Kung Fu team. With Beau on board, we know that Kung Fu will continue to be one of the best live bands on the scene.

We would like to thank you, our loyal and dedicated fans, for your continued support! We can’t wait to see you this summer!

Peace, Love and Music-

The Ninjas

Stoops also took to Facebook to share the news. Read his full statement below.

Dearest Family, Friends, and Fans,

This is tough, but here goes…

It has been the utmost honor to have performed for all of you with Kung Fu for the past 5+ years. I have experienced some of the greatest highs of my life onstage with the band that I co-founded, and I consider myself one of the luckiest humans alive to have been able to share that energy with all of you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you

After an incredible run out to the midwest for sets at SummerCamp and Revival, I came home to an email Tuesday from the rest of the band informing me that I was being replaced. Effective immediately.

Needless to say, it was as shocking to me Tuesday afternoon as it must be to all of you reading this now…

I can only wish the best for the remaining members of Kung Fu as they continue their journey. They are good musicians. With only two original members remaining, I’m excited to hear the evolution of that collective.

Moving forward

I have always kept a commitment to myself to perform with as many different artists and projects as possible. Always with the intent of broadening my musical vocabulary, personal growth, and most importantly, learning from everyone I have had the opportunity of performing with.

I fully intend on continuing this mission.

Much love!!

Todd Stoops
 ‪_#‎emailbreakupssuck‬ #‎imwithstoops‬_

Kung Fu has issued another statement in response to Stoops’ initial statement. Read it below.

We as friends and partners have been battling this for literally years. We have been supportive, patient and we have begged and pleaded for change and help. This was not the shocker internally that you may hearing about but ultimately you’ll have to believe what you will. We as a group were choosing to keep this private but, it’s apparent that it won’t be possible.

We understand the feeling and emotion that goes into statements that are made. We hope that you as a community of friends and fans are able to read between the lines.

We choose not to share in the mud slinging and we choose to remain supportive and compassionate but, we ask you to know the difference between truth and fiction.

We are going to stick to the music

...oh boy...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 11:14:59 am by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Re: Well this is interesting...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 06:37:18 am »
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 07:34:39 am by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

simpletwistupdon