Author Topic: The Official 2004 Boston Red Sox Thread  (Read 28833 times)

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
The Official 2004 Boston Red Sox Thread
« Reply #195 on: June 24, 2004, 08:54:49 am »
The Stinging Rays finally lost last night, now their only 9000 games back
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #196 on: June 25, 2004, 04:30:08 pm »
Originally posted by weekapaug19
The Stinging Rays finally lost last night, now their only 9000 games back

Look at it this way, the Rays are 6 games behind the Sox for the Wild Card which is only 1/2 a game more than the Sox deficit for the AL East. . .
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #197 on: June 28, 2004, 06:53:45 pm »
Gimme an S!
Gimme a W!
(hey, that\'s my initials...)
Gimme an E!
Gimme another E!
Gimme a P!
What\'s that spell?

SWEEP.  The Sox get the Yankees right when they need them.  3 guaranteed Sox victories!  Aggregate score of series:  Sox 16-6.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #198 on: June 29, 2004, 11:30:10 pm »
what?

Wolfman

« Reply #199 on: June 30, 2004, 12:22:47 am »
Very nice 5-3 victory for the Sox to open the series.  Lowe pitched a very good game!  Didn\'t like Foulke loading the bases and allowing a run, but he got out of it and got the save.  Nomar 2-5 with HR, 3 RBI, and some nice field work, oh yeah.  Sox now 7-1 against the Yankees...wow.  Too bad they can\'t beat up on everyone else like this.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #200 on: June 30, 2004, 06:41:33 am »
:sigh:   :sigh:   :sigh:

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #201 on: June 30, 2004, 07:49:06 am »

"There\'s always next year."

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #202 on: July 01, 2004, 12:54:35 pm »

The thing about sequels is that the endings can be so predictable:

Spider-Man 2? Don\'t want to spoil it, though I\'m betting many of you will be among the millions to see it this long weekend.

Red Sox choking? A night after they booted the game away (E-6 from the Garciaparra Goblin), it was the same story, different villain -- E-3 from "Doc Rock-Hands," David Ortiz, that gave way to a seventh-inning Yankees rally and W.

What\'s more daunting to the competition: S-M2\'s box-office haul ... or New York\'s ever-expanding (7.5-game) division lead?

Wolfman

« Reply #203 on: July 01, 2004, 03:00:28 pm »
There\'s nothing daunting about the Yankees\' 7.5 game lead at all.  I\'ve been thinking Wild Card ever since Aaron Boone rounded second base.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #204 on: July 01, 2004, 10:54:14 pm »
:jawdrop: OMG IS JETER SERIOUS??!?!?! :holyshit:

Wolfman

« Reply #205 on: July 01, 2004, 11:52:59 pm »
Seriously injured, sure.

Wolfman

« Reply #206 on: July 02, 2004, 01:41:25 am »
Well, not everyone in the Yankee organization was on top of their game last night.  WFAN just replayed John Sterling and Charlie Steiner\'s radio call of the seeming triple play in the eleventh.  It took them over two minutes two figure out why it wasn\'t a triple play.  When it first happened, Steiner called "TRIPLE PLAY!  TRIPLE PLAY!  TRIPLE PLAY!"  :lol: Then during the commotion afterwards they still could not figure out that Ramirez had been put out "twice" heading from 2nd to 3rd.  The Sox\' next batter came up, it\'s about 2 minutes after the play, and Sterling says, "Can someone please tell me how that\'s not a triple play?"  :lol:  Then on Flaherty\'s hit, Steiner called it "GONE!" even though it was about 10 feet short of the wall. :lol:  Funny stuff, I can\'t believe they missed the triple play call that badly.  

I wonder how the Sox radio guys called it.  I would take a lot of solace in knowing that the Sox can beat the Yankees in the broadcast booth.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2004, 01:44:11 am by Wolfman »

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #207 on: July 02, 2004, 07:56:36 am »
Originally posted by Wolfman
I wonder how the Sox radio guys called it.  I would take a lot of solace in knowing that the Sox can beat the Yankees in the broadcast booth.

it was probably nothing but *beeps* on the 7-second delay. :D

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #208 on: July 02, 2004, 08:17:08 am »
Originally posted by Wolfman
Seriously injured, sure.

seriously willing to do whatever it takes to win a ballgame, sure.

how bout nomar though.. is HE serious?? sitting back on the bench the entire game, while the rest of his team is up on the dugout rail watching their season slip away.. get up. show a little leadership and team spirit, eh?

wolf, good call on the sweep though. you were half right..

Trying To Look On The Bright Side

Wolfman

« Reply #209 on: July 02, 2004, 03:29:36 pm »
What are you gonna do Pec, say I-told-ya-so because the Yankees beat the Red Sox?  You might as well get in my eye because the sun came up.

In all seriousness, Nomar needs to be traded tomorrow for a Double-A pitcher and a bucket of baseballs.  He doesn\'t want to play now and there\'s no long-term prospects whatsoever.  The rest of the team did play an amazing game and never gave up.  They went tooth-and-nail with a superior team, in a hostile environment, for 13 innings.  I was one of the few people in Boston who never wanted to trade Nomar this past offseason.  My quote was "Nomar bleeds red, A-Rod bleeds green."  I wanted Nomar to stay and didn\'t care for A-Rod while most of Boston was gaga about the deal.  Well, A-Rod still bleeds green but Nomar has gone from red to yellow.  Trade him now while you can still get anything for him.

The Yankees have won the division, but once October rolls around, it doesn\'t matter who won the division.  I still have no doubts that these two teams will be duking it out again in the ALCS.  This is far from over!

But we already know what\'s going to happen, don\'t we?