Author Topic: RAQ is BAQ...  (Read 3607 times)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
RAQ is BAQ...
« on: February 15, 2013, 03:35:26 pm »
Say aint so!
We are officially returning for a three night mini run in the Northeast from March 28th to March 30th!!!

March 28th in Boston at Paradise Rock Club
March 29th in NYC at The Gramercy Theatre
March 30th in Philly at The Blockley

Going to be very special weekend in 3 of our favorite cities.

RAQ is BAQ!!!

First up AURA Music & Arts Festival this weekend!

sooo uhhh, who's drummin for these gigs?
Where to next?

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
Re: RAQ is BAQ...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 04:54:55 pm »
RAQ IS WAQ!!!  :P

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 08:41:57 am »
RAQ IS WAQ!!!  :P

I can honestly say I know next to nothing about them.  I tried to get into them after their last "reunion" show back in 2008... I have all the albums, listened through them maybe once.... got some recs for some shows, listened through them and wasn't super impressed.  Am I missing something?  They have as much of a die hard fanbase as I think the Breakfast does but I don't know...

Opinions... anyone?

Also, some one posted on PT, that Adrian will be drumming for these next 3 gigs in March, but it's PT so I don't know how much truth there was to that statement.
Where to next?

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 10:10:37 am »
Meh...wake me up when BFAST IS BACK

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 10:11:58 am »
so I guess Adrian is the "full time" drummer for RAQ from now on from what I can gather...
Where to next?

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 10:24:46 am »
If true that is pretty lame that raq is coming back before breakfast with adrian as the drummer, on top of the fact that 3/4 of the breakfast are now in Kung Fu and Jordan is still doing other gigs.

Bring back bfast already! The hardcore fans of old don't give a crap about raq and kung fu! Happy to see them get some success from their music with Fu but musically breakfast is still 10,000 times better than Kung Fu and Raq and everything else!

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 11:06:27 am »
If true that is pretty lame that raq is coming back before breakfast with adrian as the drummer

I just started listening to the RAQ Aura set... Stoops definitely introduced Adrian as the "permanent drummer"  he then later goes on to say that they are doing "a 3 night run to start" so I guess its not a 3 night cash & grab run as I had initially thought...I thought initially, there was a scheduling conflict which is why the original drummer wasn't attending the show.  I guess that's not the case after all.   Even though I'm having mixed feelings about this, I'm really happy for Adrian as a performer,  its more exposure for him as an individual and another notch to add to his list of accomplishments. 

I am curious what the future holds for all of these groups now (the Breakfast, Kung Fu, RAQ & Conspirator)... it's becoming quite a musically incestuous situation... I feel as though DBB has the right formula though.  Just play a few shows a year, jam out, have a good time playing, cash in and make your fanbase continue to grow even if its slowly over time. 

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 12:30:18 pm by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
    • http://
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 07:46:29 pm »
If true that is pretty lame that raq is coming back before breakfast with adrian as the drummer, on top of the fact that 3/4 of the breakfast are now in Kung Fu and Jordan is still doing other gigs.

Bring back bfast already! The hardcore fans of old don't give a crap about raq and kung fu! Happy to see them get some success from their music with Fu but musically breakfast is still 10,000 times better than Kung Fu and Raq and everything else!

It's cool to see Tim, Adrian and Chris can still do what they do , even within another vehicle and personally, I'm quite partial to to a Kung Fu show or the album from time to time. I do like the two Raq albums I have too. However, I agree, it's sad not to see Breakfast back out there. Kung Fu might be 3/4 of the Breakfast, but there's something about Jordan's keys and vocals which glues it all together and yes, I prefer the songs too.
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 10:44:27 am »
just noticed raq was added for moe.down... no love for kung fu?
Where to next?