Author Topic: 02-01-2013 Red Square Albany, NY  (Read 2583 times)

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
02-01-2013 Red Square Albany, NY
« on: February 04, 2013, 10:58:40 am »
Finally got off my ass and made it out to a show. Great time on Friday night. Red Square was pretty packed. I have seen many shows there over the years and they certainly had a really good crowd. The band was tight. They seem to have moved more towards the funk spectrum vs. the fusion jazz that seemed more prevalent in the early going.

Kind of funny but i forgot Dangle had taken over bass duties. When I saw him at the bar I was thought it was cool Chris came out. Took me about 5 minutes to remember he is in the band now :) ya ya I know I'm burnt whatevs.

We taped the show. There were a few a couple of tapers in front on the board. Joe Mango was mixing and i thought the bass was really dialed in during the show. The recording sounds pretty good. Only had a chance to do a quick audition. A little bassy maybe but that room can be challenging.

I think we will be at DBB / Kung fu at the cap if anyone is heading down.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Re: 02-01-2013 Red Square Albany, NY
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 05:39:27 pm »
sweet! look forward to hearing the recording! maybe i'll run into you at the cap!
Where to next?

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
Re: 02-01-2013 Red Square Albany, NY
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 06:18:16 pm »
When I saw him at the bar I was thought it was cool Chris came out. Took me about 5 minutes to remember he is in the band now :)

Don't worry about it, Dangle gets confused for a common spectator wook all the time.