Author Topic: The Breakfast Almanac  (Read 3117 times)

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
The Breakfast Almanac
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 06:06:50 pm »
I think a good thing to add to this (if it\'s still in the works at all) would be to add the best versions of songs with details of what goes on in the songs (especially the longer jammed out tunes) and brief descriptions of each song.... kinda like what they do in the phish companion
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
The Breakfast Almanac
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2008, 06:10:38 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;194238
I think a good thing to add to this (if it\'s still in the works at all) would be to add the best versions of songs with details of what goes on in the songs (especially the longer jammed out tunes) and brief descriptions of each song.... kinda like what they do in the phish companion

I don\'t know if "best versions" is a great idea. The "best Buquebus ever" happens once a month at least.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Vassillios

The Breakfast Almanac
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 06:17:38 pm »
ok, well just detailed descriptions of some of the best ones (total length of time, how long each section was, which band member was doing the coolest shit, stuff like that). i wouldnt mind making this contribution

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
The Breakfast Almanac
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 06:18:58 pm »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;194241
Quote from: Vassillios;194238

I don\'t know if "best versions" is a great idea. The "best Buquebus ever" happens once a month at least.

hahahah thats so true
DS Newbers

Vassillios

The Breakfast Almanac
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 06:35:53 pm »
Bbe, Bge, Boee...

frolfer

• breakfast geek
Re: The Breakfast Almanac
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2020, 07:26:54 am »
Ok, so I stumbled upon this old thread and it got me thinking again. I have wanted to do something like this for a long time. Something along the lines of deadbase, or phish's zzyzx stat page, or the aforementioned DMB stats page.

I would love to do this. I have always wanted a hard copy of setlists, etc. But I want to see all the other stats, venues played, songs played by year, etc. I am willing to do as much legwork as I have to. Unfortunately, I am not that computer literate to create a web page on my own. I am more than willing to do the dirty work though. I need a nudge in the right direction.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get this started?
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2020, 07:42:41 am »
Frolf, have you joined the Phantasy Tour Breakfast page? I believe at the very least, all shows have been listed and Igzy (and I when I have the time) have been entering back dated shows. There’s a lot on there. It’s not complete yet, but I believe it’s in line with what you’re looking for.

https://www.phantasytour.com/bands/the-breakfast
Where to next?

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2020, 08:19:52 am »
Yes I think I have joined that. It's been a while since I've been over there. I'll check it out. As a stat geek I'd love to have more stats than I know what to do with.

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2020, 01:03:06 pm »
Yes, i do have a Phantasy Tour account from a while ago that I revived.

www.setlist.com is another resource for setlists. I took over managing the PB/TB lists a little while ago. I contacted the admin and asked who was taking care of them. He said no one was that time, and I offered to keep them updated.

I wish all the band's setlists were in one spot, but as of now, there are separate entries for PB and TB. I asked about combining them to make searches easier, but they wanted to keep it as is. Oh well, so, the setlists follow the same rules as the naming at archive.org. PB for setlists from 2/21/04 and earlier. Search TB for anything from 2/26/04 to the present day.

I am working on standardizing the lists, because the search function is very specific. Once everything is spelled consistently, then one could accurately search for the number of times the band played Escher's Part 1, for example.

Still filling in missing dates. No one updated the lists for a few years. It's a work in progress.

Always nice to have multiple sources for setlists!

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2020, 03:53:45 pm »
That DMB Almanac that is linked on the previous is really sick in its level of detail. I am not a fan but I poked around a little and I would love a statistical page for the Breakfast that is something like this. That would without a doubt be the coolest thing ever.