Author Topic: Roger Waters: The Wall Tour 2012...  (Read 3447 times)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Roger Waters: The Wall Tour 2012...
« on: January 19, 2012, 10:52:32 am »
I\'m sure many of you have seen it already but Roger Waters will be playing The Wall @ Yankee Stadium on July 6th this year.  Pretty sweet for a birthday show.  You can sign up for a pre-sale which occurs on Monday 1/23 through his website or the public onsale is on 1/30 I believe.  

There is also a Boston date schedule for Sunday 7/1 with the venue TBA... my guess is they are trying to lock down Fenway Park but I could be wrong.  I\'d guess they would try the Garden if they can\'t get Fenway.  Just figured I would pass on the info for those of you that would be interested...
Where to next?

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 12:15:59 pm »
also playing the XL center in hartford. i think tickets for that one may be available still. i can\'t wait. i heard there\'s some pretty good video out from the tour, but i don\'t want to spoil it for myself.
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 02:06:44 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;275270
also playing the XL center in hartford. i think tickets for that one may be available still. i can\'t wait. i heard there\'s some pretty good video out from the tour, but i don\'t want to spoil it for myself.

Saw it at Nassau Col. last year ? AWESOME if you even remotely call yourself a floyd fan you should def catch it. worth every penny and to the older folks the show will be over by 11PM.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 03:29:55 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;275270

yes there is one in hartford, i think its in june sometime but the seating is very limited, no great views or way more than i\'d like to pay if i remember when i last looked.  not to long ago i watched an interview talking about how waters "revamped" the show for outdoor arenas, plus the fact that the yankee stadium gig is on my birthday. gonna try to get tickets, guess we will see what happens. i saw him in 2007 at the meadows and loved what he did with that dark side tour.  i was too young to catch them when floyd toured (even in 94 without waters) so this is the closest i will ever be able to get.
Where to next?

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 01:48:23 pm »
So... I was selected for the Yankee Stadium pre-sale... but the only tickets they were selling ranged between $200-290, field level only.  I guess I will have to wait until the public onsale to get something I can reasonably afford or justify.
Where to next?

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Re: Roger Waters: The Wall Tour 2012...
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 04:06:42 pm »
anyone else going friday? birthday show for me!
Where to next?