Author Topic: kungfu.info  (Read 3279 times)

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
kungfu.info
« on: May 16, 2012, 04:12:40 pm »
Just wondering when kung fu will start a board, and did a search on the domain which is up for renewal soon:

Domain Name:KUNGFU.INFO
Created On:13-Jul-2002 19:17:28 UTC
Last Updated On:29-Sep-2011 17:19:32 UTC
Expiration Date:13-Jul-2012 19:17:28 UTC

http://www.whois.net/whois/kungfu.info

I'd suggest it be a copy of this site, prominently cross linked on each board.  Kinda like www.shroomery.org and www.growery.org.

Also, was wondering if there are any plans to allow viewing of threads without logging in, like the previous .info format.  I used to check the recent threads frequently, but don't as much now since I have to log in to do so (I often erase cookies after browsing).
♥♫∞

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Re: kungfu.info
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 07:32:50 am »
if someone's willing to take the time and effort to put it together, i don't see why it couldn't happen.  seems like the facebook group does a pretty good job of keeping info up to date but it does lack a lot of options that a board could provide.  until that day happens, you can count on the events and recordings to be kept track of here...
Where to next?

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 11:59:29 am »
Sounds good. 
Also, amazingly fast response to that suggestion, kindm!
♥♫∞

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 10:17:20 am »
I had disabled guest viewing because there always seems to be guest viewing from like africa etc. basically bs trying to sign up for accounts. just prior to the old .info going down there were lie 57,000+ new registrations in the final day

I leave it the way it is for now. And we'll see what happens.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19