Author Topic: LOL at the news blurb on top of forum!  (Read 2782 times)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
LOL at the news blurb on top of forum!
« on: May 05, 2012, 08:35:54 am »
One fat hen couple duck three brown bear four running hare five fat fickle female sitting sipping scotch six simple simon sitting on a stone seven sinbad sailors sailed the seven seas eight egotistical egoists echoing egotistical ecstasies nine nude nublians nimbly nibbling nuts gnats nicotine ten was and never was a fig plucker nor a fig plucker's son and I ain't leaving till this fucking fig pluckin's done now ask me if I am a turtle. (Tim) Are you a turtle? (Wolf) You bet your sweet ass I'm a turtle. Once a turtle, always a turtle!

How on earth did you find this??

This is a fun drinking game that I recited as a Food for Thought at some show in 2002.  If you're doing it as a drinking game, it's simply one "teacher" (who knows it by heart) teaching other people to "become a turtle" by memorizing the passage.  The teacher introduces one part at a time and the players repeat the whole thing back up to that point.  If players are all correct, then the teacher drinks and introduces the next part.  If a player is incorrect, they drink and try again until they get it right.  It's pretty easy through 4 for most people, so people can get really get roped in and want to finish through ten at all costs.  Then it starts getting crazy.  It's very rare that a player will ever finish, however, usually because they quit out of frustration/boredom and declare the game to be stupid.  You really need the right kind of player(s) who get really committed to finishing even if it takes over an hour.       

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Re: LOL at the news blurb on top of forum!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 09:35:54 am »
When I was reformatting the setlists I came across it in the notes of the show from High Sierra I think it was.

I figured it would be good for a laugh or 2
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19