Author Topic: Phish in 2012...  (Read 7359 times)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Phish in 2012...
« on: December 31, 2011, 08:32:33 am »
Had to...

Predictions on first song of the year?

Trey Orchestral tour on deck, and a new Trey album, Phish possibly heading into the studio, summer tour rumors, a possible NJ festival...

who knows what else is in store for this year!
Where to next?

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Phish in 2012...
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 08:24:51 pm »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;275001

Some rehearsal might not be a bad place to start.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 10:20:55 pm by Wolfman »

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Phish in 2012...
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 10:58:55 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;275020

Some rehearsal might not be a bad place to start.

hahahaha called it!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
Phish in 2012...
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 03:03:33 pm »
yea the MSG run started off well but kinda peetered out after the second night IMO.

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
Phish in 2012...
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 03:28:56 pm »
... Phish possibly heading into the studio, summer tour rumors, a possible NJ festival...

Phish could play a free festival next to my house, and I\'d still rather drive 3 hours to see a solo acoustic, a to z, GTB, diesel experiment, fu or \'fast, etc etc.

They were a great band, time for the members to move on, even though they still play massive sold out shows.  (Breakfast would be the Yang to Phish\'s din I mean Yin.)
♥♫∞

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Phish in 2012...
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 04:42:32 pm »
Quote from: cannontrip;275025
... Phish possibly heading into the studio, summer tour rumors, a possible NJ festival...

Phish could play a free festival next to my house, and I\'d still rather drive 3 hours to see a solo acoustic, a to z, GTB, diesel experiment, fu or \'fast, etc etc.

They were a great band, time for the members to move on, even though they still play massive sold out shows.  (Breakfast would be the Yang to Phish\'s din I mean Yin.)

"Were" is a really strong word...  They have flubs like any band...  TB made them at every show...  Hell, I remember people bringing the early tapes to the boys and someone saying that Jordan should really listen to his vocals...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Phish in 2012...
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 08:20:32 pm »
there are were definitely plenty of 100% "flub-free" Breakfast shows...

also if Phish had a free festival next door to me I\'d be raging that over any other band doing whatever
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
Phish in 2012...
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 10:40:35 am »
I was definitely too lit and raging too hard to ever notice minor flubs at bfast shows if there were any.

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
Phish in 2012...
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 01:39:45 pm »
i had a blast both 30th and 31st
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Phish in 2012...
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 02:51:25 pm »
Quote from: weekapaug19;275038
i had a blast both 30th and 31st

i was at 28, 29 ,31 and couch tour\'d the 30th...

i loved all the shows i was at and had a great time.  while i was not as fond of the setlist choices for the 30th, i am glad that i was at home that night out of the 4.  of course, if i was there i may have had a different opinion.  

its gotten to a point that i think almost every aspect of the band has become subjective to  one\'s own opinion or preferences (long ambient jams vs. shorter tight jamming, setlist selection, what they\'re wearing, what they\'re doing with their downtime, how they have evolved over time, etc).  everyone\'s got an opinion, they\'re not right or wrong... they\'re just yours.  i will admit there were moments from this run that they might not have seemed as polished after coming off a summer and fall like last years nye run(axilla intro hahaha!)... but who cares? everyone makes mistakes.  i find them a source of comedy more than anything, why get pissed at a phish show?  

if you\'re there and you\'re pissed... you\'re doing it wrong.  and if you ever want to get rid of tickets because you don\'t like the direction they\'ve gone.  pm me first please!!!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 02:55:17 pm by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

Wolfman

Phish in 2012...
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 08:10:21 pm »
It\'s been 3 years since I really listened to old Phish shows.  (I binged after the comeback announcement but have only listened to the current shows since then.)  I have decided that I am going back and listening to old Phish again for the next few weeks.  Here\'s what I can\'t decide:

Is this a good idea, or a terrible idea?

I think it may be good because it could help boost my Phish morale while I am kinda down on them after the NYE run.

On the other hand, I could see this idea backfiring and going the completely other way, where I come away thinking something to the effect of, "Man, why the hell can\'t they play like that anymore?"

Thoughts/predictions?

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Phish in 2012...
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 08:19:59 pm »
definition of old shows?

pre-90\'s?
90-93?
94-96?
97-98?
99-2000?
2.0?
earlier 3.0?

what\'s your poison?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 08:33:16 pm by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
Phish in 2012...
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 08:51:28 pm »
people bitching about phish=cliche
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

Wolfman

Phish in 2012...
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 06:25:30 am »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;275050
definition of old shows?

For the purposes of my previous post, I define "old shows" as 1.0.  And I\'ll really only be listening to 91-98.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
Phish in 2012...
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 08:21:48 am »
Quote from: Wolfman;275049
Thoughts/predictions?

i recently listened to an old biscuits show for the first time in a while. the show was from 9/1/01 (one of their all-time great shows). there was a wave of "i wish they would still play like this," but it quickly faded and i ended up simply enjoying it for what it was: a recording of music that i love. i think you\'ll be absorbed pretty quickly into the music and the enjoyment:longing ratio will be at least 80:20. expect full enjoyment during the awesome segments. i found myself punching the steering wheel for the first time in years (in a good way) during my re-listening experience
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor