Author Topic: (mp3) Umphrey's McGee - Northampton 2011-09-16 epic show  (Read 8671 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
(mp3) Umphrey's McGee - Northampton 2011-09-16 epic show
« on: November 26, 2011, 07:29:27 pm »
http://uploading.com/files/4f18ac85/2011-09-16%2BNorthampton.zip/

**soundboard recording I had to pay $10 for this**

Set One: Jazz Odyssey > Resolution > Water, Booth Love, The Fussy Dutchman, FF > Uncommon, Great American@ > That\'s the Way@ > Great American

Set Two: Wappy Sprayberry > Space Funk Booty, Layla, August > Peter Gunn Theme / Every Breath You Take > August, Get In the Van, Push The Pig, Partyin\' Peeps

Encore: Hurt Bird Bath

Notes: @ with Brendan and Jake on acoustics
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 04:48:49 pm by kindm's »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

DiG728

• COME ON!!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 09:59:49 am »
I always end up buying the UM shows that I go to as well.  They're always well worth the money, and as long as they're good about keeping ticket prices reasonable, I have no problem doing it.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 04:49:18 pm by kindm's »

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 11:17:19 am »
I kinda like Push the Pig, but beyond that, I have no use for this.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 04:49:27 pm by kindm's »

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 12:54:42 pm »
Push the Pig was definitely a highlight

other highlights of this show are Water >Booth Love > Fussy Dutchman, Wappy Sprayberry, and obviously they killed Layla , also August > Every Breath You Take > August

Also the recording is insainely crisp and clear and it was a great show overall so unless you have decided UM sucks I def recommend the download

Gregg, I'm slightly surprised you don't like UM considering they have a heavyish / metalish edge to them (at least in some songs), and Jake is undeniably the only guitar player in the scene who could even step to Tim and have it be a fair and totally mind blowing guitar battle if that ever happened. Also they do tons of 80's prog-rock covers.

Maybe you just don't feel their vibe overall? TBH for the last 5 years when I was focusing mostly on Breakfast I felt UM was lacking ... but I had also stopped listening to them. In 2002/2003 I was equal parts PB and UM fan but it was possible to see way more PB/TB shows locally and UM was already hitting the scene nationally in a big way so I sort of forgot about them.

Now I'm sort of playing catch up after seeing this amazing show in Northampton. I think I've only seen like 10 UM shows ever.. but to see they're on top of their game and not taking anything for granted and touring like madmen still is a nice thing to see.

I'm not gonna try to say the UM scene is even that cool or the guys in the band are personable at all... but all that aside they can put together some amazing concerts
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 04:50:29 pm by kindm's »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

cgldsmth

Re: (mp3) Umphrey's McGee - Northampton 2011-09-16 epic show
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 02:34:10 am »
There's no arguing they are a great band. Downloading al the podcasts provides about 200 hours of some of the highest quality live music you'll hear. Met them at Jam in the Dam and all extremely personable.

Would still take Breakfast if given the choice though.