Author Topic: Three Staveners make Sports Illustrated. . .  (Read 2024 times)

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
Three Staveners make Sports Illustrated. . .
« on: March 12, 2004, 12:31:56 am »
okay so they are not directly in there, but indirectly. don\'t have the magazine in front of me right now but heres what I remember.

In the \'Faces in the Crowd\' section of this weeks SI, they feature a girl from New Canaan, CT. The girl plays ice hockey for New Canaan High School (assuming the girls team). In her small write up it notes that she is the first player in the state, boy or girl, to score 60 goals in a season. It also notes that she is only the fourth player in the state to ever have 200 or more career points, which brings me to the indirectness of the three East Haveners making SI. Dave Bachinski, Bobby Coyle, and Pete Capone have all had more than 200 points in their careers at EHHS.

I\'m under the assumption that SI has nothing to do with this girl\'s brief write up and whoever wrote it did not do there homework. I find it hard to believe that the three from Staven were the only players in CIAC history to have 200+ points. If SI does do the write ups, then they need to do a little homework themselves. But then again, maybe I am wrong about my assumptions and three Staven kids were the only ones. . .Pitch, I expect a full investigation through the EH Courier into this matter, and a full report/article on my desk in the morning ;)
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"