Author Topic: Setlist: 2011-10-28 - 13th Annual Fonghoulish Freakout: Daniel Street; Milford, CT  (Read 9077 times)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Set I: Episode 1(Happy), Drunk Monk Bar > Gladys Pimp and Kangaroos With Me > Reel Time*, Future Peek, Honey Butter

Set II: Mooboo\'s Voodoo(Episode 2), Surreal Radio, Gravity**, jam > Metropolis^

Set III: Episode 3(Awakening), Existential Funk > Buquebus^^, Good Things#, Score

E: Wild Pack of Asscracks

*Star Wars tease
**with \'See the Light\' jam; \'Synergy\' tease
^with keyboard and bass solos; keys/bass duel; drums and bass jam; \'Echidna\'s Arf(of You)\' (Frank Zappa) tease
^^with \'Manteca\' (Dizzy Gillespie) tease
#with \'Hey Jude\' (The Beatles) teases
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 01:01:36 pm by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
may not be entirely accurate... but its pretty close.
Where to next?

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
I think it\'s spelled Future Peek but I could be wrong.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
different ages, different stages, future peek-a-boo
*Gia*

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
something we must go through!

and don\'t mean to be a pain in the ass, but could someone give us a Last Time Played for Future Peek, Surreal Radio and Good Things?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 06:13:09 pm by Igziabeher »

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
I could be wrong, but the LTP for Future Peek is I think 10/26/07, when they played Moxie Epoxy straight through. Last Surreal Radio I believe was 10/30/08. The last time I saw them play Good Things was 8/15/08, also at Daniel St. I\'m pretty sure they played it sometime after that one and before Friday, maybe not though?

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
good things was my highlight of the night..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

frolfer

• breakfast geek
Positively outstanding show. I feel blessed to be able to be there and sad that this is the end...for now.

The line to get in took a long time so we missed Eppy 1. DMB was excellent and as the jam unfolded I remember thinking that we were in for a smoker of a show. Future Peek was a total mindfuck!!!! It sounded perfect to my ears but that could also just be from the jubilation I was feeling from hearing a tune I thought I\'d never hear live. I can\'t wait to listen to this one again. HB was sick as well.

Mooboo\'s to start set 2 was a real treat, but Eppy 3 takes the prize in my view. So, so good. Gravity was totally entrancing as only the Breakfast can do. Never heard a bad version of this and I don\'t think its possible :wink:

Good Things has to be my highlight as well. And that is big considering all of the ser shit that these guys played up until this point. Just perfect. The show could\'ve ended right there and I would\'ve stood there for some time just dumbfounded.

Much love in that room friday night. Zuke, nice to meet you and thanks for the beer.

Thank you guys for being the best band I have ever heard. You constantly amaze and I never feel like I didn\'t get my money\'s worth. There is a gaping hole in the musical landscape that can only be filled by the sweet sounds of the Breakfast.

I hope that we get to hear the audio of this one again, and again. Oh, and again. It was that good.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
bob,meant to come find you but totally forgot.
lol
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Ren

• what?
I thought Ep 1 was a perfect way to start, I\'m not ashamed to admit that I got a little choked up on and off for pretty much the whole song. These guys have been a part of my life for so long I just couldn\'t help it. I can\'t think of what my life would be like without them. I got to know Jen the second time I saw them in Feb. of 2000 and have been with her ever since. There are also a ton of people that I feel like I\'ve shared my soul with over the years that I don\'t think I\'d be the same had I not met them. But anyway...

Drunk Monk was definitely a good one that built up perfectly into a really wild Gladys. Reel Time was awesome as usual. I was sooo happy to see Future Peek and was it ever great. Mooboo\'s was spectacular! I\'ve wanted to see Surreal Radio for so long! It was totally worth the wait. I could usually take or leave Gravity, but this one was one of the best I\'ve heard, I don\'t really understand why it didn\'t go into See the Light, kinda wanted to see it, but whatever. Metropolis was a fuckin\' beast, what an insane ending!

Ep 3 was pretty standard. But that\'s just me. It was good, don\'t get me wrong but I\'ve never really been blown away by it before, I don\'t even have it in my top ten. I will say that the jam in Existential Funk was absolutely fuckin \'amazing! So was the jam in Buquebus, which should\'ve been the encore in my opinion. All the energy in the place and emotioins going through all our heads came out in the loudest most heartfelt, if that\'s possible "Hey! Hey! Hey\'s!" I\'ve ever been a part of. Good Things was like a kick in the stomach, it was so good, Tim\'s solo\'s were pretty unbelievable at times I must say, l think he did a pretty good job of capturing everyone\'s feelings. The show could\'ve ended right there as far as I was concerned.

Overall the show was good. I liked the theme of a Episode starting each set. I would like to know where Puppetry, Sundance, WUIAC, Grand Scheme, Tunage, TLATG, Overexposure, Attraction, Garcian, Frankly and many others were, but they\'d probably have needed one more set.

I had a great time seeing everyone, enjoyed eating a D, didn\'t shed a tear like I thought I would, and had a really great time that I won\'t soon forget and I sincerely hope that since they\'re taking at least a year to refocus or whatever that they bring ALL their Kung Fu fans back with them when they come back so that a crowd the size of the Daniel St. one will be considered a small one. I wish for nothing but the best for Tim, Dangles, Jordan and Adrian during this silly little hiatus. ;)

See ya!!!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 10:48:12 pm by Ren »
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

frolfer

• breakfast geek
shit man, I was in my own world during the show. I was so focused on the music that I couldn\'t even make it across the room to check out the merch table. The boys will play again, and we will meet up.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

SkyePrizm

• separator
still really annoyed i had to leave in the middle of the second set.  

but what i got to enjoy was fanfuckingtastic.

JHamel

WOW,  So happy I made the long drive to be at this show, it was a very special piece of art from front to back.  Probably some of the best fans in the land (big thanks to the dude dressed in the best dog costume EVER for giving my lady friend and I a hug).  Never had actually seen Tony Larussa in reel time so it was a reel treat.  What a band, I\'ve been writing this chamber piece for the past three months and Breakfast melodies keep creeping into the sketches, hard to get it out of the head once it\'s in there.  Most inspiring music I\'ve ever been witness to,  thank you Breakfast, hopefully hear you in the future.
"The crux of the biscuit, is the apostrophe."

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
I\'m listening to this now...  Not bad, but there\'s some big songs missing...  A really short 3 set show; just a little over 3 hours...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
yoda, you\'re the fucking worst. i realize that\'s your opinion, but i don\'t think you\'ve had a positive opinion in all the posts about the breakfast you\'ve ever made. fucking get lost dude. have you contributed anything over the last 5 years?
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor