Author Topic: Heads in Harmony 09/23 Setlist?  (Read 1815 times)

LeFou

• seen the light
Heads in Harmony 09/23 Setlist?
« on: September 26, 2011, 03:10:16 pm »
Anyone go? Any word on what was played? I know the time slot was short, but seems like this one flew completely under the radar..

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 03:22:36 pm »
Just waitin for those that went to pass on the good word.  i bumped the event thread the other day just to check on the setlist, but i guess it was too early...
Where to next?

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 04:06:06 pm »
:waiting patiently to hear the setlist:
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

tmn8r1

• Guitar Slave
    • http://www.thebreakfast.org
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 06:04:05 pm »
jam > metropolis > echidna\'s > beef barley, buquebus, in memory of elizabeth reed

e: the chase
When words leave off, music begins. - Heinrich Heine

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 06:57:26 pm »
Quote from: tmn8r1;273237
jam > metropolis > echidna\'s > beef barley, buquebus, in memory of elizabeth reed

e: the chase

thanks tim!
Where to next?

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 09:16:23 pm »
The Breakfast set was incredible, and Kung Fu was just nuts.  The festival had minimal amenities, but was great in every other aspect.  Great bands, great people, great stage manager (Bonzo!), Teddy reppin\' the B\'fam, and Maine is beautiful.

Don\'t Bother reading the rest, just venting some stress...

I taped both Breakfast and Kung Fu (both insane shows) and a couple other bands.  Stop reading here unless you are in a bad mood and want an uplifting comparison...

I was enjoying the shows so much that I pushed myself to far and "blacked out".  I started partying early, misjudging the time the breakfast would start.  By the end of the Kung Fu set I started to feel out of it and that\'s the last thing I remember until I wake up with urgent nausea, can\'t get my tent open and vomit neon green slime everywhere.  (It was a color I\'ve never seen, and can\'t explain where it came from.  It looked exactly like green paint in a gelatinous form.)
Then I wake up in a puddle, sleeping bags, pillows, clothes all soaked in pools of water.  Had been using a canopy at every fest except this one, so I was unaware that my tent\'s rainfly now let\'s rain fly right into my tent.  First thought upon waking was "where\'s my zoom?"  I quickly realized that I had left it in front of the stage, and horror struck.  I searched around, found my stand, and the case for the zoom.  Then began asking staff, sound guys, light guy, friends, anyone who might have seen it.  No dice.  As I spoke with various individuals, I began to piece together the demise of my zoom.  Some quotes: "Oh yeah was that the one that was getting rained on?" (I had brought a plastic cover, but was "gone" when I should have covered it).  "recorder?, Oh yeah, some kid tripped over the mike stand and crashed the whole thing to the ground.  He brought the case for the zoom to the soundboard and tried to explain something, but was incoherently spun.  Searched all morning, then packed and drove 10hr home on saturday; I was hurtin\' from the night before, ashamed of myself for abandoning my zoom h4n, and was coming down with the flu.  Stayed in bed almost all day sunday with the worst flu I\'ve had in many years.  Still quite sick from the flu, I loaded up on cold medicines to be able to function at work.  The meds (proper doses, not recreational) had me bumping into people (stepped on the owner\'s foot hard, by accident).  End of the day was really busy, so I stayed until 7:45 to get all the work done (only get paid until 5:30).  Somehow me staying late pissed off a co-worker and she let loose on me.  Managed to gain enough composure to politely ask her if I was doing anything to piss her off.  I thought that staying late to finish the day\'s work would be helpful if anything to her, yet she thought I was diminutizing her position and "taking over her job" which might make the boss mad at her.
Now I understand why she was extremely nasty to me whenever I stayed late to clear the  workload (to do what I felt my duties were).  The entire problem was a matter on non-communication.  I could sense she was angry, so I would stay later and do more work to try to gain her respect.  Of course, the opposite was the effect, the harder I tried, the meaner she got (an otherwise very friendly, cool person).

After resolving this conflict, driving home like a lunatic (on back roads, no people or cars, just deer), and a few whisky shots while getting all this bs off my chest; I now feel at ease.  I hope no one bothered to read this part, it makes no sense without details, context, and precedents.  But typing it seemed to get it out of my head, so I Thank You.
♥♫∞