Author Topic: Apple Store New Haven Opening THIS Saturday  (Read 9318 times)

SkyePrizm

• separator
Apple Store New Haven Opening THIS Saturday
« on: September 20, 2011, 11:05:32 am »
Hey, Guys.   Just wanted to spread the word about my new store opening.  :)    Come on down, its going to be festive and fun.   1st 1000 in our door get a free t-shirt.  

This Saturday, 10 am, 65 Broadway, Downtown New Haven.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 11:43:39 am »
Linux FTW
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

GLuft3

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 08:04:04 pm »
Good luck, Tracy!  Not sure if I\'ll be one of the first 1000, but I need to pick up a AV adapter for an iPad2.
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 08:49:20 pm »
Quote from: GLuft3;273055
Good luck, Tracy!  Not sure if I\'ll be one of the first 1000, but I need to pick up a AV adapter for an iPad2.

Thanks, George!!! :)   I\'m very excited.    I am working a double that day.  So, if you actually come Saturday, there will be a brief time in the afternoon i won\'t be there and on a very longggggg break.  But I will be there all evening to close.  

But make sure you come down for that! :)  Isn\'t the ipad2 so freaking awesome?

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 12:15:30 am »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;273011
Linux FTW

Nope. I was Linux for the longest time and then came to a point where I would need to become a computer nerd to configure my computer with the software and programs I wanted that I could get from a MAC in plug and play. Linux is sooo open sourced based viruses love linux computers. You don\'t hear about linux viruses all that much due to the small amount of people that actually use it in the general population whereas you don\'t hear of MAC viruses because the OS is so secure.
If you are really proficient with computers sure linux rocks but most people are lost even with linux software set up like windows.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 01:16:33 am »
Quote from: leith;273073
Linux FTW

Nope. I was Linux for the longest time and then came to a point where I would need to become a computer nerd to configure my computer with the software and programs I wanted that I could get from a MAC in plug and play. Linux is sooo open sourced based viruses love linux computers. You don\'t hear about linux viruses all that much due to the small amount of people that actually use it in the general population whereas you don\'t hear of MAC viruses because the OS is so secure.
If you are really proficient with computers sure linux rocks but most people are lost even with linux software set up like windows.

linux doesnt support my protools hardware interface and there is no linux video editing software that can edit the quicktime video that my HD video camera records (h.264 .MOV format). its great for email and internet though. until i want to watch something on youtube because i get no sound because there are no digidesign audio drivers. the linux cd wave clone doesnt make track marks exactly where you click the cursor, so its pretty much worthless when track splits need to be perfect. Audacity is a great free program for linux, but its no help to me since it doesnt support my sound card / plugins for mastering audio.

i am stuck with ubuntu because all my archived emails are saved in Evolution, and i regularly use GIMP, XCFA, EasyTag, Kino and some other software i wouldnt want stop using.
OS X runs better on my dell netbook than ubuntu and windows XP do, but it doesnt support any HD webcam drivers - there is no way to set the brightness/exposure like on a windows machine because there are no mac drivers for microsoft/logitect HD webcams.

i am dependent on all 3 operating systems, but if i had to pick one, OS X has the best performance and just works with less BS than the others, especially when it comes to wireless networking with other apple devices.

i\'d like to get a new mac mini with the specs maxed out and use it as my main computer, but on a mac there is no solution for using hi def USB webcams for a multicamera webcast on ustream, and thats one thing i need to be able to do. i def dont want a new windows machine when the time comes to replace my current computer thats not really in great shape.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:19:03 am by ChrisF »

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 09:21:46 am »
Quote from: ChrisF;273074
Linux FTW

linux doesnt support my protools hardware interface and there is no linux video editing software that can edit the quicktime video that my HD video camera records (h.264 .MOV format). its great for email and internet though. until i want to watch something on youtube because i get no sound because there are no digidesign audio drivers. the linux cd wave clone doesnt make track marks exactly where you click the cursor, so its pretty much worthless when track splits need to be perfect. Audacity is a great free program for linux, but its no help to me since it doesnt support my sound card / plugins for mastering audio.

i am stuck with ubuntu because all my archived emails are saved in Evolution, and i regularly use GIMP, XCFA, EasyTag, Kino and some other software i wouldnt want stop using.
OS X runs better on my dell netbook than ubuntu and windows XP do, but it doesnt support any HD webcam drivers - there is no way to set the brightness/exposure like on a windows machine because there are no mac drivers for microsoft/logitect HD webcams.

i am dependent on all 3 operating systems, but if i had to pick one, OS X has the best performance and just works with less BS than the others, especially when it comes to wireless networking with other apple devices.

i\'d like to get a new mac mini with the specs maxed out and use it as my main computer, but on a mac there is no solution for using hi def USB webcams for a multicamera webcast on ustream, and thats one thing i need to be able to do. i def dont want a new windows machine when the time comes to replace my current computer thats not really in great shape.

You could use bootcamp to dual boot the mac mini. Just install whichever OS you think you\'ll need on and boot in to as needed.

VM Ware or parallels is also a potential solution. I am running Lion with VMware and Windows 7
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 09:34:33 am »
huh????

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 09:44:11 am »
Linux FTW

There are more computers running Linux than OSX in the world. "Viruses love Linux computers" ?? lol, dude, I\'ve never had a virus on Linux in 10+ years and I\'ve never heard of anyone who has.

Ubuntu is easy as hell to use and simple tasks like installing / updating software are easier. There\'s nothing to "configure".

Sounds like you either haven\'t used Linux in at least 5-6 years and when you did you were pretty clueless.

I use Linux at home for it\'s speed, choice of multiple desktop environments, tons of free software that works great, desktop user interface eye-candy (Compiz-Fusion) and security. I use Windows at work because I need to run Adobe Suite and some Microsoft software. Not a fan of OSX because Apple computers are expensive and everything is closed source.

If you knew what you were talking about you\'d realize closed source vs open source has nothing to do with viruses or security on an operating system. Unless you want to explain to me how that makes any sense at all? Most viruses exploit flaws in closed-source software like Adobe Flash. I mean there are legit reasons to not use Linux but for anything mission-critical, servers, high-security, etc Linux and FreeBSD can\'t be beat.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 10:52:16 am by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 11:16:34 am »
does the apple store fix ipods?
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 12:57:20 pm »
Quote from: DocEllis70;273081

i went to the one in stamford and they would have had to send it out for repair. though mine is the old style that actually has moving parts in its hard drive. not sure if you have the same problem/ipod
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 01:12:33 pm »

My experience has been that i give them more money and they give me another one.

mvallo

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 01:30:25 pm »
I just want a mac so I can be cool.

ChrisF

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 03:37:45 pm »

i can possibly fix it. depends on what is broken. what did you do to it?

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 03:46:09 pm »
the wheel doesnt seem to work the resst of it is ok
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..