Author Topic: Setlist: 2011-08-26 - The Spot Underground; Providence, RI  (Read 14219 times)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Setlist: 2011-08-26 - The Spot Underground; Providence, RI
« on: August 27, 2011, 09:44:01 am »
Set I: jam > See the Light, Score, Metropolis, May Fly Disarray, Hard Luck Harry* > Rush, Wildpack of Asscracks

E1: The Vermont Song**
E2: The Chase^

*unfinished
**with Relative Souls guitar and keys joining
^with \'Esther\' (Phish) tease

Thanks to leith for the setlist!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 08:00:19 am by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

Ren

• what?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 10:13:11 am »
Soo good. Such high energy and intensity. Metropolis, Mayfly and Rush were insane. I loved the segue from HLH > Rush, it just turned into it. They were having a great time playing too. Chris was pissed at his mic and grabbed it really hard out of frustration to show the sound guy it was having some feedback issues. I thought it was kinda funny, and when it squealed again, it he seemed to take it out on his solo. Everything was just so well played. I really can\'t remember a Mayfly that got so crazy and frenzied before the Ahoy! part. I had my doubts once I realized it was a one setter, but from the opening jam till the end, I was SO impressed at their ability to cram so much power and fury into a set.

I feel bad for completely destroying some girl with my elbow. I caught her in the eye and her glasses flew off. What I don\'t understand is why or how she squeezed in under my arm at the exact last note of Metrop when she wasn\'t there a split second before. Wish I could say it was the first time I did that...
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 10:52:50 am »
Quote from: Ren;272227

I feel bad for completely destroying some girl with my elbow. I caught her in the eye and her glasses flew off.

The most important part is: did you apologize?  I am sure you did.  :)

I was at Gillette yesterday at this country kenny chesney-zac brown band show and got my head kicked by someone with no apology.  so pissed.  decided country fans are drunk douchebags.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 12:31:22 pm »
Metropolis and Rush were good.

Show was too short. Lots of jamming in between songs. Not one of their better 2011 shows IMO. Vermont Song for an encore??..

Turnout could have been a lot better.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 01:01:54 pm »
I may be in the minority, but hell yeah with a VT Song encore. Its a tune that is fairly simple(this coming from a non-musician) and there were the guests so it was smart to play a tune that they could shred on. To each his own of course. I guess I\'m just saying that I would be psyched with that encore and in fact I was stoked listening to it last night. It was a little ragged, but oh so right. The Chase made all before it superfluous anyway.

Different strokes for different folks. One thing I do know, this is one bad ass band. Hope the guys had as much fun playing as we did listening.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 01:26:28 pm »
they shred vt song.. and have fun doin it.. i love it.  they make a set seem like a show thats one thing ..breakfast in a one set serving is like a meal compared to anything else.. see u all at stellas!
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

Ren

• what?
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 01:49:54 pm »
I\'m gonna have to agree to disagree with ya bd, I thought for the time they\'d been given, they managed to kill every song they played. The last shows I saw were the acoustic cafe ones, and I thought this was better than 2 out of the 3, but that\'s just me and what my standards are that I use to judge whether a show is really good or just, "eh." I was annoyed when I found out they were only playing one set, then once I realized they were rippin\' the shit out of EVERYTHING, my whole attitude and night drastically changed. Hope it was taped.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 02:28:08 pm by Ren »
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 02:25:12 pm »
So glad Leith got to watch the show! The crowd DEMANDED a second encore!

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 02:31:19 pm »
The best band in the world(that not enough folks care about,unfortunately)..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 02:47:33 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;272229
Metropolis and Rush were good.

Show was too short. Lots of jamming in between songs. Not one of their better 2011 shows IMO. Vermont Song for an encore??..

Turnout could have been a lot better.

JA-DED. Too short? Over 2 hours of music pretty much nonstop after an opener. Not too shabby. Lots of exploration with little noodling. Some truly next level jamming I recall. Vermont Song is a great encore(who doesn\'t want to end a show singing Peace and Love surrounding me?) and it\'s simple enough for guests to rip up.
Short of a sell out the turnout can always be better for ANY band.
I had a freakin\' blast last night and I was in California. The band was on point and blew my mind more than once, had some B\'Fam in the chat and some prime Cali medicine.
As I type this I am listening to the opening jam from last night which just set the whole bar high enough to challenge the guys to rip. Oh and how about that jammified The Chase second encore? That was blistering.

Quote from: freddiewaht;272241
The best band in the world(that not enough folks care about,unfortunately)..

I kept saying that over and over last night to myself as they were killing it.
 I was like 8 people on this webcast is fucked up at least the bar looked like a decent crowd.

Quote from: KEN RAFLOWITZ;272240
So glad Leith got to watch the show! The crowd DEMANDED a second encore!

Thanks Ken I was so happy to see that crowd not let up. The band was also from the way they tore up that The Chase.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 02:47:33 pm by leith »
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2011, 03:29:56 pm »
I thought the set itself was bomb-skrillet.  every song during the main set was a li\'l juiced up and blown apart, that Score was off the chain, as were the Metrop, Mayfly and Rush jams.  VT was kinda a let down, but the phatty Chase made up for it.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 04:10:02 pm »
I haven\'t had that much fun at a breakfast show in years..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2011, 04:59:41 pm »
Quote from: leith;272244

I had a freakin\' blast last night and I was in California.

Don\'t forget, you made some sort of declaration about coming to a Stella Blues show ;)

And I agree. It was an effin blast, and we weren\'t even there.

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 08:52:43 pm by KEN RAFLOWITZ »

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2011, 07:07:02 pm »
last night was very bittersweet to me.  it was great to be at a hometown breakfast show at a proper venue w/ a solid crowd full of SER heads(freddie, gabo, colin, peaches, teddy t, aruny, wolf, jed, george, duane, eric, brandon, bonzo, tuna) the power of broseph was strong last night and the breakfast made it known by just playing a freewheeling off the charts set where every part of every song got the royal treatment.  but at the same time, i couldn\'t help but thinking \'what if this is the last time i get to hear \'score\' live?\' etc.  i got over that as best i could and made sure to pop in and out of the front to show my appreciation for the boys as only i can.  seriously, this band puts more improvisation in the shows opening jam than most bands(phish, moe., bisco included) do in their entire shows.  from now on when i grade concerts from any band its gonna be on 2 levels, the first being the kinda show attainable from any band, and the higher being the kinda show comparable to a breakfast intro jam.

oh and there was a \'hot in here\' by nelly tease from tim in the intro to one of the songs, score maybe?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 07:07:02 pm by Igziabeher »