Author Topic: your top 3 concert experiences EVER  (Read 3757 times)

frolfer

• breakfast geek
your top 3 concert experiences EVER
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 11:00:50 pm »
^^^^

Dig that Winston\'s show. I see why things changed :link:

Not in any particular order:

1) Schleigho - not sure of the date, but it was \'95 or \'96 and it was my first time seeing them. It was at the original Milestones in Rochester, NY and the music absolutely ate my brain. I could not believe what I was hearing.

2) Max Creek 8-12-95 Phil\'s Farm Party, Sterling, NY. I was way into Creek at this time and this was just a few days after Jerry passed. Great friends and a great scene and tremendous music.

3) Phish Auditorium Theater, Rochester, NY 2-9-93. Phirst show, we were stoked and it was good.

4) the Breakfast 11-28/29-08. Middle East/Dan St. Incredible road trip with two very good shows. There were many moments during these two shows where I was amazed and bewildered by what I was hearing.

5) God Street Wine 9-22-93 Union College. Another first time(pattern?) I love this band and for a long time I felt like this was the best show I had seen by any band. This one is on the archive so check it out and see what you think.

Sorry I got carried away :stoned:
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 11:43:21 pm »
bfast at moe down and puppet house, phish augusta
*Gia*

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 11:43:29 pm »
jealous of Frolfer\'s 1, 3, and 4...
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 11:56:21 pm »
leith has the most cliche list so far.

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2011, 07:59:15 am »
in no order or without really thinking about this.

pearl jam - 10/30/09 (2nd row Mike side)

phish - reunion show hampton 09 or RI island tour

moe.down/breakfast weekend

frolfer - #4 was a good little 2 night run, that slipknot! at daniel st was top notch stuff
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2011, 06:30:28 pm »
Tough question.  What I\'m finding is that my greatest concert experiences are not necessarily the greatest concerts that I\'ve been to, although the quality of the concert itself is certainly a huge factor.  A lot of this has to do with personal connection to the show, surrounding factors, time of life, etc.

3. Berkfest 1999.  My first fest.  Only 1500 people there.  Had crazy jam sessions every night with other guests and with a lot of people from the bands.  Everyone just came out at night with instruments and jammed in the campground.  Jam sessions were big at fests back then.  Felt like I knew half the people there by the end of the weekend.  Got in free working with Ben and Jerry\'s.  We brought 10 people from our store so we had a very tight crew, we barely had to work with so many of us, and we had a very cushy campsite.  Seeing all of my favorite New England jambands in one weekend completely blew my mind. (Percy Hill, Miracle Orchestra, The Slip, Jiggle the Handle, Addison Groove Project).  Awesome time.    

2. Phish 11/27/98 Worcester Centrum.  My 3rd Phish show, got 7th row center from PTBM, start of senior year of high school.  It was the right time and a lot of good things aligned.  I had been listening to Phish since \'91 but this was the moment when the switch got flipped for me to get hooked on seeing live Phish.  Went with some awesome new Phish friends that I had just made (my first real Phish friends), and Phish played an all-time great show.  Great experience.

1. Psychedelic Breakfast 5/5/01 Baker Quad; UMass, MA.  I was in charge of the QuadFest and PB was the culmination of 14 bands over the course of the day and a ton of work for me over the semester.  This was also the culmination of 2.5 years of the band playing incredible shows on campus at UMass. (They started playing the Northampton clubs after this show.)  It was also the culmination of me and all my friends living in Baker and Butterfield dorm for two years before splitting up into off-campus housing.  This was also the biggest Breakfast show ever at the time (400-500 people) and became PB\'s first live CD release.  I\'m not sure if this experience can be topped for me.

I\'ve been to other shows that were greater as pure concerts or events.  Big Cypress, Bonnaroo \'02 (first one) and \'09, Phish 3/6/09, PB Butterfield 11/19/99, PB @ Camp Creek \'01, PB Freakout playing Lawn Boy, Phish 12/31/10, probably more.  But best total experience involves a lot of factors.

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 11:31:53 am »
Well seeing as my repetoire is a lot less than most of you, please feel free to make fun of my 3 most memorable concert experieces.

1. Phish Hartford 09. It was my 3rd phish show, nad I hadn\'t really "gotten it" at this point yet. I lost everyone I was with, and raged the show by myself, which was pretty much just one big peak.

2. Breakfast Fongoulish Freakout 07

Never had even heard of the breakfast, but my friend convinced me it was going to be a good time. My first experience with the breakfast I see Ron Spears outside of the hotel I was staying at. He was dressed up as Fred Flinstone with a whole bunch of chickas with him, so I asked if he was going to see the breakfast. He laughed and kindly told me he was the bass player and told me to be in for a treat. They just went on and covered the whole lawn boy album before Mike Gordon came out and jammed the encore with them. WHAT?!

3. Superball + BreakFEST, stilll haven\'t recovered from either

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2011, 01:09:23 pm »
1. Big Cypress was by far the best concert experience I\'ll ever have. I just finished my first semester of college and a few weeks prior I sampled some fungi for the first time. Based on that, I figured I was ready to down an 8g stem/blue cap right before the midnight set. Lost my mind just a couple of times.

2. All Good Festival \'99. My first festival. Saw SCI in a tiny Syracuse bar a few weeks before this and had such a good time me and a couple friends decided to take full advantage of senior skip day and head down to Brandywine, MD for this small festival. Also on the bill were moe., Disco Biscuits, Sector 9, Deep Banana Blackout, Karl Denson\'s Tiny Universe, and viperHouse. Had some rough luck with weather though as the stage was blown over and almost killed the drummer from DBB. The DB set was canceled which was a dooz but moe. did an acoustic set for 40-60 people late that Saturday night that entirely made up for it. It\'s on LMA for anyone interested. The SCI set was great too and during Karl Denson I was hanging out in the crowd with Michael Kang for a bit.

3.Soulive, Berkfest 2001. These guys started to hit their stride in late 2000 and it didn\'t let up for a while. They played an afternoon set on one of the main stages earlier in the day but that was just a warmup compared to the throwdown in the Ski Lodge that night. The room was packed and really showing the band some love. They responded with one of the best 1 set shows I\'ve ever seen. The second half of the night was just pure energy and contained a ripping version of Soul Power (James Brown) that had me in awe. As I walked out of the ski lodge that night I knew right away I had witnessed something special that honestly changed my outlook on music as a whole. It\'s probably where my love for James Brown started.
Smell my mule.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2011, 02:32:34 pm »
Quote from: booztravlr;271280

3.Soulive, Berkfest 2001. These guys started to hit their stride in late 2000 and it didn\'t let up for a while. They played an afternoon set on one of the main stages earlier in the day but that was just a warmup compared to the throwdown in the Ski Lodge that night. The room was packed and really showing the band some love. They responded with one of the best 1 set shows I\'ve ever seen. The second half of the night was just pure energy and contained a ripping version of Soul Power (James Brown) that had me in awe. As I walked out of the ski lodge that night I knew right away I had witnessed something special that honestly changed my outlook on music as a whole. It\'s probably where my love for James Brown started.

Holy shit dude, I was in that ski lodge that night too!  What a show.  Great call by you.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2011, 03:22:39 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;271284
Quote from: booztravlr;271280

Holy shit dude, I was in that ski lodge that night too!  What a show.  Great call by you.

i think i was in the other ski lodge at the time seeing leftover salmon.