Author Topic: Setlist: 2011-04-03 - Rock & Roll Resort; Kerhonkson, NY  (Read 7338 times)

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Setlist: 2011-04-03 - Rock & Roll Resort; Kerhonkson, NY
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 09:52:13 am »
Quote from: Igziabeher;267691
Quote from: kindm\'s;267605
I taped, vallo taped (the whole fest) and there were several others taping as well

The set was meh. Probably one of the more disappointing breakfast shows in a looong time. Short set, no heavy hitters

Surprising as kung fu was awesome, tims many many sit ins etc were all great.

Lettuce f-ing KILLED it

get with the times bro, Metrop, Synergy and Tunage are all heavy hitters in this day and age.  how was the crowd?  were they raging it, cuz it certainly looks more like a set you\'d use to hook new fans as opposed to impress the old fans with bustouts, but i\'m sure it was a good time.  sorry you were disappointed, was the playing bad or did you just not like the song choices?

It is hard to describe really. the show was really short so consider the setlist above crunched in to 65 - 70 minutes. There was a good crowd, lots of people I have seen before at bfast shows including several long timers.

the whole thing seemed uninspired. Contrast that with the Kung Fu set earlier in the day and the many sit ins and that was why I, as well as some others came away scratching our heads.

No need to beat it to death. The band plays tons of shows, they can\'t all be "The Best Ever"
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 09:55:21 am »
If my home internet gets fixed up today I should have the show up later.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 10:16:16 am »
fair enough.  they can\'t all be winners.  just a surprise coming from the shows leading up to it(worcester and boston were both scorchers) and the PA and Acoustic Cafe shows have had great reviews.  time constrains can be a bitch though.  esp when it comes to a band who likes to let it all hang out.

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
    • http://www.myspace.com/rickeyroux
You Lucky Bastards!