Author Topic: Setlist: 2011-04-01 - Acoustic Café; Bridgeport, CT  (Read 12104 times)

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
Setlist: 2011-04-01 - Acoustic Café; Bridgeport, CT
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2011, 10:01:37 am »
The show was a success! Filling a room to capacity is a dilemma all bands struggle with.
Figure out a solution? Who the heck knows?
I saw  bunch of folks having a good night out.
The band has the right stuff!

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2011, 10:41:55 am »
Quote from: bezerker;267526
sweet show!

where the fuck are the ct people?? i could name maybe 10 bfam there total (half of them drove an hour plus).  give me a fucking break, and some of you wonder why they play so little shows

personally, I had all intentions of going. But me, rain, and cold weather don\'t mix so well. I\'ve been sick since I got back from vacation.  (temp changes killed me.) I Have all plans for going next week.

I think with a residency as it has happened various times (i.e. daniel street a few years back), some shows will be packed and some won\'t be.  Not everyone can make it to every single Friday.  But I am sure everyone in the CT fan base will make it to at least one show.

Quote from: leith;267537

It\'s a residency folks know this and may just be picking their shows since for once they have the leisure to do

Exactly.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 10:41:55 am by SkyePrizm »

DiG728

• COME ON!!
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2011, 11:03:15 am »
I wonder how many people actually did go to R&R Resort as an alternative to Acoustic Cafe.

I had the opposite reaction when I saw the Resort announcement.  I chose not to go to that because of the Acoustic Cafe residency.  The Resort was way out of my price range.  Driving an hour every Friday night for the next few weeks just seems like a better idea to me.

I can\'t wait for next week and the weeks to follow.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2011, 11:52:49 am »
^^
Yeah, same. Resort was priceyyyy.... and Cafe = 2 sets, intimate vibe. Seemed like the obvious choice to me :)

Ken, your videos look/sound GREAT!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2011, 12:19:18 pm »
Good mic placement and some lights for the camera help.
The show lighting was brighter than usual.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2011, 01:18:35 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;267555
sweet show!

where the fuck are the ct people?? i could name maybe 10 bfam there total (half of them drove an hour plus).  give me a fucking break, and some of you wonder why they play so little shows

personally, I had all intentions of going. But me, rain, and cold weather don\'t mix so well. I\'ve been sick since I got back from vacation.  (temp changes killed me.) I Have all plans for going next week.

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft
rain! ha nice excuse!
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2011, 01:49:23 pm »
sweet show!

I hope the turnouts get bigger and bigger. I know if Bridgeport weren\'t such boobs about letting underage kids in there I wouldve had about ten more people there... as well sa the ability to invite more. I\'m sure the older people on this forum is tired of hearing me bitch about how Im not old enough to get into the 21 + shows, but goddamn I think the crew that I come with always bring nothing but good vibes and dank dance moves... along with some eye candy for you single bachelors :)   Hope the residency gets better and better and maybe by the last one we can find someway to get the little guys in there

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2011, 02:28:28 pm »
I\'m coming next week so help me God..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2011, 05:27:21 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk;267564
sweet show!

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft
rain! ha nice excuse!

you are surprised by that? ;)

I\'m the girl that 4 years ago claimed i didn\'t go to a show cause i didn\'t want to walk across new haven alone.  

But no seriously. I had the chills on friday evening.  getting wet would have made it worse.
either that or I would have melted....

in any case, i will be there this friday.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 05:29:56 pm by SkyePrizm »

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2011, 10:26:27 am »
It might have been that I was just hammered, but that 2nd set is why I go to see the Breakfast.  These guys are SOOO good.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2011, 11:41:27 am »
Quote from: NickNels;267577
These guys are SOOO good.

yep! we\'re a lucky pack of asscracks! :D

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2011, 06:17:48 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht;267568
I\'m coming next week so help me God..

I as well.  I was on my way there last fri and had to turn around at the last minute.  Doing everything I can to make it this week!
♥♫∞

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2011, 08:53:53 pm »
calling Chris Fitz. Should I listen to the recording on my zoom or are you trackin\' it out?? buddy?? music?? wanna hear again!! :)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2011, 09:56:11 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;267570
Quote from: Gfunk;267564
sweet show!

rain! ha nice excuse!

you are surprised by that? ;)

I\'m the girl that 4 years ago claimed i didn\'t go to a show cause i didn\'t want to walk across new haven alone.  

But no seriously. I had the chills on friday evening.  getting wet would have made it worse.
either that or I would have melted....

in any case, i will be there this friday.

lol no i am not suprised by that
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2011, 11:11:49 pm »
Got the show up on my you tube! Eat your Bequebus!