Author Topic: Setlist: 2011-04-01 - Acoustic Café; Bridgeport, CT  (Read 12161 times)

frolfer

• breakfast geek
Setlist: 2011-04-01 - Acoustic Café; Bridgeport, CT
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 02:13:00 pm »
what a nice setlist! they are reaching a little further into the catalog which is great to see! Didn\'t they do I\'m So Glad last year, Westcott perhaps?
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 05:16:10 pm »
sweet show!

where the fuck are the ct people?? i could name maybe 10 bfam there total (half of them drove an hour plus).  give me a fucking break, and some of you wonder why they play so little shows
*Gia*

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 05:23:13 pm »
naww kad, you make a fair point, but by the end of the night I was suprised just who came out of the woodwo0rk

My question is. In CT is it hard to make friends? and bring them to insanely awesome  music?

at least bring some girls, tell em you\'ll introduce em to the band or whatever. works for me all the time. amirite?

most ser bustout of the night was Gavin making it down there.. imo
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 05:27:27 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 06:10:26 pm »
dude is at pretty much every show, that aint no bustout funky bills takes the cake soarry Gabo ;)
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 07:05:55 pm »
Funky Bill\'s is up! More on the way!

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2011, 07:14:24 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;267527
naww kad, you make a fair point, but by the end of the night I was suprised just who came out of the woodwo0rk

My question is. In CT is it hard to make friends? and bring them to insanely awesome  music?

at least bring some girls, tell em you\'ll introduce em to the band or whatever. works for me all the time. amirite?

most ser bustout of the night was Gavin making it down there.. imo

so are you saying it was a dooze, there was just not that many people you personally knew or there was no bitches?  which one?

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2011, 07:30:36 pm »
well,

I personally knew pretty much everybody there. That might have been the problem. To me it wasn\'t a problem, though, I just expected a line out the door, you know?

Far from a dooze, actually a rather lively crowd especially strong towards the 2nd set (late turnout), I just thought on Bfast home turf this would be like a highly exclusive event or something. But if they wanna play more Mass and Hampsh shows in the future, that works for us.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 07:32:59 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

Ren

• what?
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2011, 08:08:06 pm »
Living in CT, and not trying to offend anyone, but a lot of CT people that I know are kinda like, "eh," or have a way of thinking they\'re too cool for/with pretty much everything. So to me it\'s no surprise. Don\'t get me wrong there are plenty of people out there who like to have fun, but apparently going out to see music isn\'t what they\'re choosing to do. Friends of mine used to go to shows anywhere there were shows to go to. But now they don\'t. They think that going to bars to see bands is for the younger people or not cool anymore. I personally think that a lot of the CT people who were 20-25 when the band started up, and went to every single show, trust me, WE did and ALL the same core of people were there literally every single time, are all 10-12 years older, have kids, "real" jobs and have just lost the desire to go. Apparently it\'s strange to go and see a band that you love and gets you off like no other for more than a couple of years because my friends and family are all like, "you STILL go and see them?!?? What\'s wrong with you?!??" That\'s just my guess. For me, as long as they\'re playing and I can afford it or am able to go, I will.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2011, 08:27:17 pm »
That\'s what I\'m sayin, bro. I may be 28. But, very much still alive. Didn\'t realize that was really all that old. Could care less what the kids across the street think is cool. I know what\'s cool to me. Stayin\' in school. Obeyin\' the rules. Icicles and wolves. Drankin\' O\'Douls. Peeing in pools. Puddles of drool. Just keepin\' it cool.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2011, 08:51:23 pm »
Quote from: DocEllis70;267512
wish i made it down..next week. i definatley think i remember hearin Im So Glad years ago. Hope they kill it at the resort..see yous next week!

I remember \'I\'m so glad\' as far back as Butterfield Feb 2000.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2011, 10:06:00 pm »
Anyone consider some may have bought their Rock and Roll Resort ticket to see Kung-Fu and The Breakfast and all sorts of killer bands and thus couldn\'t make this one since it started last night?

It\'s a residency folks know this and may just be picking their shows since for once they have the leisure to do so as yes many have grown up and have to "fit" The Breakfast in to busy lives.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2011, 11:07:29 pm »
turnout was decent. people even by the end of the show were still packing in tight to the stage and dancing hard. (a heady \'queb will do that!) good energy all around and a great show. ser jams all night.

long live the breakfast!!!

next friday is my last day of work before starting a new job. me thinks i should celebrate! :D

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2011, 11:40:28 pm »
Quote from: galenas;267538
me thinks i should celebrate! :D

me thinks I should help...
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.

Ren

• what?
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2011, 12:10:07 am »
I did consider it Leith, and I\'m sure there were a few at the resort who\'d probably have gone. Sorry guys, about the negativity, sometimes it just gets to me when I\'ve seen attendance drop over the years. It can be frustrating at times.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2011, 07:54:35 am »
You don\'t need to apologize. I am right there with you. Its hard to fathom why attendance has decreased when the music is better than it ever has been. If I can be there, there is no place I\'d rather be and will continue to make it happen. Long live the Breakfast!!

I love just reading this setlist. It fits right in with the rest of 2011 slaying it and slapping fools around! Thanks guys for breaking out some of these tunes more often. Keep \'em coming!

I really want to hear this WUIAC > WTF!!!! TDF ser fer sher
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 08:09:59 am by frolfer »
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh