Author Topic: The Breakfast - 2011-02-26 The Electric Company, Utica NY  (Read 2652 times)

galenas

• Global Moderator
The Breakfast - 2011-02-26 The Electric Company, Utica NY
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 12:21:57 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;266073
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BVT1LKOX

mp3.zip

enjoy!

thx dude! can\'t wait to listen!!!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2011, 01:16:11 pm »
for real this is one of the most enjoyable to listen to Breakfast shows in some time.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2011, 08:51:32 am »
This sounds nice Tuna, a bit better than some other Zoom recordings with the internal mics. Where were you set up? Seems like the EC is a little funky for taping, although the shows I have heard from there sound pretty good.

Thanks again for taping and sharing!!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2011, 09:44:27 am »
Dude I\'m all about the Zoom H4N with the internal mics... after my last Kung Fu recording from Sullys and this one at EC, it\'s just all about setting the levels right and you shouldn\'t have to do any post-processing or even tweak the EQ on it.

Unless you get a shitty location for it or the venue sounds like crap to begin with.

I was set up on a tripod right next to the soundboard. Pretty much ideal location at the Electric Company. I love venues where they actually welcome tapers and are happy the show is getting taped because they actually want to listen to it themselves.

I\'m probably gonna tape Kung Fu @ Mill Street and Breakfast @ Tammany this weekend and those venues should be sounding real nice as well.

By the way I also made FLAC 16s and I\'d like to see this show up on the archive, but with a DSL connection that is used by the business I really can\'t be uploading that much. If I could burn the files to a DVD and send them to somebody who would upload them , that\'d be a cool thing. I also have the last Sully\'s "Ser Digger" show on FLAC.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 09:50:07 am by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2011, 12:17:13 pm »
I like the Zoom a lot. Its very versatile and quite affordable as far as digital recorders go. I hope to get one at some point(I\'ve been wanting something for awhile!!!!)

Its all about the location. Sounds like you were in a good spot. I long to join the ranks of the tapers!

I would love to upload that stuff for you, but I am just not set up for it. The process would be very long on this laptop. I have about 7-8 shows that are waiting to be uploaded. I need to get my comp back up! Please hold on to them and if no one has upped them sooner I would be more than happy to do it. Just might be a month or so.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

mvallo

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2011, 01:40:46 pm »
http://www.archive.org/details/TheBreakfast2011-02-26

MP3 source is now available for current and future breakfast fans and streaming on archive.org "community audio"

thanks for taping tuna!

I feel dirty!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2011, 02:41:44 pm »
"taper, unknown"   :P

haha thanks Matt. will people find that when they go through The Breakfast collection? I guess I\'ll probably still upload the FLACs one way or another when I get the chance.

mvallo

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2011, 04:44:14 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;266211
"taper, unknown"   :P

haha thanks Matt. will people find that when they go through The Breakfast collection? I guess I\'ll probably still upload the FLACs one way or another when I get the chance.

I\'ll update the taper and source info.  I could not tell if it was your source from your original post.

It will not be in "the Breakfast collection" b/c its a lossy source. but it is searchable by band and date.  

feel free to upload the flacs when ever you get a chance,
thank for taping, the recording came out great!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2011, 08:48:03 pm »
okay I\'m gonna burn it and the last Sullys show on FLAC to a DVD or two and bring it to Tammany. Hopefully somebody in attendance will have the bandwidth and ability to upload them to the Bfast collection on archive.

thanks Matt, I enjoy taping music that sounds this great.