Author Topic: New Radiohead Album Available on Saturday  (Read 3458 times)

SkyePrizm

• separator
New Radiohead Album Available on Saturday
« on: February 15, 2011, 12:55:15 pm »
Band announced their new album, "King of Limbs", will be available for download on Saturday.

http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace/

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 02:41:18 pm »
pumped for this album. gonna be tough to top \'in rainbows,\' but i can\'t wait to hear them try
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 03:20:10 pm »
always enjoy seeing what these guys come up with. hopefully album is followed by a tour!

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 03:21:23 pm »
Quote from: galenas;265705
hopefully album is followed by a tour!

that is exactly what I am hoping!

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 07:27:58 am »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;265706
Quote from: galenas;265705
hopefully album is followed by a tour!

that is exactly what I am hoping!

Rumor has it they cover "Limb By Limb" on this album.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 09:21:58 am »
so this is actually available today. can\'t wait to give it a good spin tonight

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 10:21:57 am »
Quote from: zuke583;265775
so this is actually available today. can\'t wait to give it a good spin tonight

I tried twice to download it this morning, and I got service unavailable. hopefully third time will be a charm...

and it was.  giving the first listening right now. :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 10:52:28 am by SkyePrizm »

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 12:40:53 pm »
I thought the album was pretty boring. Only listened once. Tracks 6 and 7 were good. Should have been great.

Thom\'s vocals were forgettable and lacking in emotional range. Too many blips and beeps and not enough Johnny on the guitar.

Rhythm section was good, but I except only great things from this band.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 12:55:25 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;265808
I thought the album was pretty boring. Only listened once. Tracks 6 and 7 were good. Should have been great.

Thom\'s vocals were forgettable and lacking in emotional range. Too many blips and beeps and not enough Johnny on the guitar.

i didn\'t like kid a the first time i heard it. thought in rainbows was good. my opinions on those albums have changed a lot. not saying the same will happen with tkol, but i need to give albums like this a few listens before it really sinks in. for me, there was enough to like on the first listen to get me excited for #2

at the very least, i\'m happy that this album, while sounding like radiohead, doesn\'t sound like anything they\'ve done before. one thing they don\'t do is stagnate. plus, you know a world tour is on the way...so i\'ve got that going for me...which is nice

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 02:23:04 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;265809
Quote from: bdfreetuna;265808

i need to give albums like this a few listens before it really sinks in. for me, there was enough to like on the first listen to get me excited for #2

I completely agree. I need at least three full listens, undistracted, before I make an honest opinion.  I like it to marinate inside me.  I am a lyrics person.  I like to listen, read the lyrics and ponder.  

Which after, today, I\'ve had.   Its not my favorite Radiohead album.  But I really really like it.   And I am sure as it is weaved into my daily listening, I will appreciate it more and more.  To me, it gets better as it progresses.  Feral to Separator had me hooked.  Separator being my favorite on the album.  Feral a close second.  Thirdly, I quite enjoyed Give up the Ghost.    

I am a person who tremendously enjoyed Hail to the Thief (an album many didn\'t like)so who knows..  

I will add....Thom Yorke\'s voice ALWAYS turns me on.  This album had this sensual vibe for me.   I am definitely excited that this promises a new tour because they are the one band I\'ve always wanted to see, and never have.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 06:42:24 pm »
I\'ve listened once.  I enjoyed it.  Not my favorite.  But my real gripe is that the album isn\'t even 40 minutes long.  They could have held off the release and added a few more songs.  This is little more than an EP...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 10:44:01 pm »
It\'s a really good album.  Listening to it in the right situation is key.  You definitely need a relaxed, psychedelic situation.  If you check it out on your morning commute then you probably won\'t like it.  But if you get the right situation, this album delivers the goods.  These days I\'m lucky if I can get even one situation a week where I would enjoy this album.  Which I guess is a criticism of the album; not very versatile.  But when a good moment for this album comes up, then yes, bring it.

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 07:50:21 am »
ya, it\'s good, on their weaker side, but it\'s still good and I\'m sure I\'ll like it more and more after 10 more listens
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 07:56:24 am »
hmmm. so the album has really grown on me. my one gripe is that it\'s too short an album. don\'t get me wrong, there are 40-minute albums that are amazing (loaded comes to mind), this one just seems incomplete. the songs themselves are great...just wish there was a little more meat