Author Topic: zzyzx site for the breakfast  (Read 3476 times)

frolfer

• breakfast geek
zzyzx site for the breakfast
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 10:35:21 am »
I contacted David Steinberg, the zzyzx guy, and he is going to get back to me on the particulars. The wheels are in motion. They may be spinning in the mud, but they are in motion!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

OMS

• Egg-Head
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 02:38:58 pm »
nice, very cool.

thanks for doing this, looking forward to how it turns out.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 11:01:47 am »
Quote from: frolfer;265655
I contacted David Steinberg, the zzyzx guy, and he is going to get back to me on the particulars. The wheels are in motion. They may be spinning in the mud, but they are in motion!

w00t
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

peaches626

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2011, 03:07:21 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk;265733
Quote from: frolfer;265655

w00t
taints rule, gypsies drool!

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 02:44:04 pm »
I\'ve been in contact with David and he sent me this link about what he needs to do all his calculations.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/PhishStats/117887901583978?ref=ts#!/note.php?note_id=180753548631336

Some of this stuff is over my head and I\'d love some help on this. I\'ve never hosted a website or anything like that so I\'m not sure how this will be done. I\'m not even sure how to ask this, but I guess can someone host this information somewhere on a website where David can access it?

Also, with the Breakfast going on 13 years old, thats a lot of shows and setlists and songs. is anyone interested in pitching in on this project? I know my girlfriend would appreciate it if I didn\'t do it myself! I like having her around :banlove:

I\'m also trying to get in touch with the admin of the Breakfast lists at setlist.com and get that up to date.

By the way, the link for setlist.com in the upper left corner has the wrong extension(.org). Is there any way to get that updated? I can envision a link to the stats site and an updated setlist site, and it looks cool.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 03:57:42 pm »
frolfer, i wish you a lot of luck with this; but I must say, it will be a TON of work.  I\'m not sure who may have the most complete text setlist file (maybe Dave Peck), but I\'m not sure even he has that.  And just to put it into perspective, The Breakfast played their 1000th show in 2006, so theres a shit ton of show, songs, etc which would need to be compiled.  Plus, Dave really doesn\'t do much with this site anymore, so the past year and a half or so we would need to find the info elsewhere.

I simply do not have the time to lend, sorry.
DS Newbers

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 07:34:01 am »
No one ever said this was going to be easy man. Thanks anyways.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 10:21:00 am »
Make sure the calculator includes hetty bonus points for 30 and 45 minute Queebs

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011, 10:42:49 am »
Quote from: frolfer;265845
I\'ve been in contact with David and he sent me this link about what he needs to do all his calculations.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/PhishStats/117887901583978?ref=ts#!/note.php?note_id=180753548631336

Some of this stuff is over my head and I\'d love some help on this. I\'ve never hosted a website or anything like that so I\'m not sure how this will be done. I\'m not even sure how to ask this, but I guess can someone host this information somewhere on a website where David can access it?

Also, with the Breakfast going on 13 years old, thats a lot of shows and setlists and songs. is anyone interested in pitching in on this project? I know my girlfriend would appreciate it if I didn\'t do it myself! I like having her around :banlove:

I\'m also trying to get in touch with the admin of the Breakfast lists at setlist.com and get that up to date.

By the way, the link for setlist.com in the upper left corner has the wrong extension(.org). Is there any way to get that updated? I can envision a link to the stats site and an updated setlist site, and it looks cool.

Great work frolfer!  As the resident Breakfast Statistician, I am definitely willing to help.  Let me know what the project needs and I will let you know if I am capable.  I am very good with statistics, logic, and developing formulas. I am good with Excel.  Very beginner with HTML, and useless at any other techie/web programming skills.  Keep up the great work!

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2011, 09:50:58 am »
Quote from: Wolfman;265875
Quote from: frolfer;265845

Great work frolfer!  As the resident Breakfast Statistician, I am definitely willing to help.  Let me know what the project needs and I will let you know if I am capable.  I am very good with statistics, logic, and developing formulas. I am good with Excel.  Very beginner with HTML, and useless at any other techie/web programming skills.  Keep up the great work!

Ahh Wolf, thanks for the reply. I knew someone out there would be willing to help. I know even less than you do tech-wise, but I\'m sure we can do this.

There is no doubt that this is going to be a lengthy process. But I have a feeling that this could be really cool.

Well, I think the first thing we need, and that David requires, is a list of all of the songs ever played, in alphabetical order. Just the titles, no artist credits, just the titles written out completely.

We need this list for him, but also as a standard for us for the setlists. Each show needs the songs written the same way, so we need to set those standards.

We need separate text files with (1)all of the songs, (2) dates and venue info, (3) the actual setlists in the zzyzx format, which he lays out in that facebook link.

So there is all of that. I also volunteered to take over managing the Breakfast lists at setlist.com so I will be updating that over the next long while. They are about 6 years behind! I have a lot on my plate but its all Breakfast related, so its all good!

Where to you want to jump in Wolf? I am spearheading this campaign but could use all of the advice and help that one could give. I\'d really like to see this come to fruition and not cast it aside after a little bit.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2011, 09:56:44 am »
i can def lend a few hours of time towards making some setlist files
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2011, 06:20:08 pm »
frolfer - pm me your email.  I can help you with a handful of years if you give me a week.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen