Author Topic: Stella Blues; New Haven, CT  (Read 2445 times)

Branch

• http://
Stella Blues; New Haven, CT
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2011, 03:41:06 pm »
There are still plenty of fans to gain in the north- east leath.
Its easy to just tell the band to tour around the country but, it\'s easier said than done.
I sure do miss Cali though:(

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2011, 04:48:34 pm »
Quote from: sequia;265707
There are still plenty of fans to gain in the north- east leath.
Its easy to just tell the band to tour around the country but, it\'s easier said than done.
I sure do miss Cali though:(

Sure there is but if you think there is enough to sustain and GROW your fanbase significantly to a point of "being back in the Driver\'s seat" over a fest appearance or 2 I think you are delusional.
That territory has been gone over and over and since you came back pretty much exclusively. As far as I can tell from posts on this board and talking to people there so far no noticeable increase in crowd is being talked about. I can only assume the band\'s paydays have stayed about the same.
Sure it\'s ez for me to tell the band to travel. It\'s also ez for me to keep my mouth shut and not promote the band because people will never see them. That\'s where I\'m at now. I bring up the band and people have no idea what I\'m talking about. Some kind of remember there being a Psychedelic Breakfast "a long time ago" You guys wouldn\'t even draw 50 people to Winstons as I type this and that is what really sucks.

The music is as great as it ever has been if not the best it has ever been but no one knows about it but for us. Even touring hard nationally for the next 2 years and the band would still be in the same spot now so I get the focus it just sucks to think about realistically.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Branch

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2011, 06:24:33 pm »
If you think playing the gathering of the vibes main stage wouldn\'t help our draw and fan base in the area,then I think  you are delusional!
Playing the same old places all the time won\'t cut it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 06:33:54 pm by Branch »

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2011, 08:02:16 pm »
I think you\'re probably right Jordan... a big festival appearance or three would do wonders for you guys.

From my perspective the biggest problem you guys have with turnout is that at least 3/4 of your shows are 21+

Perhaps that is why western mass and new hampshire are doing well for you? All ages in Northampton, 18+ at the Stone Church...
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2011, 09:05:58 pm »
I\'ve been asked to not allow SBD patches...  Just for the record.

/see what I did there...
//record.

ChrisF

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2011, 12:46:33 am »
ok  i ran into the band tonight and they said they do not want to stop webcasting. false alarm - dave and todd just meant they didnt want us to feel obligated to do it all the time, but i thought they were telling me to stop in as nice a way as possible. now they know that suggesting limits on what bfast tapers are doing will never go over well :lol:

live webcasts will resume again soon, and be announced last minute per usual. however, i am going to try to get a dvd of the show from ken and broadcast it on our channel within the next few days to get some activity on there again. i heard it was a really good one this week

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2011, 07:41:08 am »
sbd or aud, mp3 or flac, webcast, dvd, bfast, timmy or fu... im happy whenever something surfaces. thank you to all of you that take the time and energy to make this happen.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 07:58:55 am by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2011, 07:47:31 am »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;265716
sbd or aud, bfast, timmy or fu... im happy whenever something surfaces. thank you to all of you that take the time and energy to make this happen.

this....thank you
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2011, 08:00:23 am »
sbd or aud, mp3 or flac, webcast, dvd, bfast, timmy, baz, gtb or fu... im happy whenever something surfaces. thank you to all of you that take the time and energy to make this happen.

sorry, fixed it... wanted to make sure I covered everyon but you get the point.
Where to next?

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2011, 09:13:08 am »
Quote from: ChrisF;265714
now they know that suggesting limits on what bfast tapers are doing will never go over well :lol:

haha nice, sounds like a productive conversation ;)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

stublatt

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2011, 12:15:44 pm »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;265718
sbd or aud, mp3 or flac, webcast, dvd, bfast, timmy, baz, gtb or fu... im happy whenever something surfaces. thank you to all of you that take the time and energy to make this happen.

sorry, fixed it... wanted to make sure I covered everyon but you get the point.

Switch-Up

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2011, 01:39:18 pm »
Quote from: sequia;265709
If you think playing the gathering of the vibes main stage wouldn\'t help our draw and fan base in the area,then I think  you are delusional!
Playing the same old places all the time won\'t cut it.

I know it wouldn\'t. Why? Because there needs to be follow-up after success and let\'s be honest, The Breakfast sucks at follow-up.
As for playing the same places all the time not cutting it, how about saving up and getting on the road?
Just a Thought.
I know you can be a sensitive guy Jordan so don\'t take this as an attack at all well yeah actually go ahead and take it that way.
Maybe it\'ll light a fire.
Or not.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2011, 07:59:29 pm »
just a thought.  eat a d.