Author Topic: Setlist: 2011-01-21 - Acoustic Café; Bridgeport, CT  (Read 9521 times)

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
Setlist: 2011-01-21 - Acoustic Café; Bridgeport, CT
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 05:00:37 pm »
A bunch of Acoustic Cafe is up on my you tube!!!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 09:22:36 am by KEN RAFLOWITZ »

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 08:22:10 pm »
Quote from: Ren;265033
The Doors certainly do suck. What was the name of their bassist again? That\'s right they didn\'t have one. Imagine the Breakfast or any other great band not having a bassist.

Big time misconception...  Manzarek covered the bass fills with his fender rhodes piano bass, but they had a bass player on every single studio recording:

The Doors - Larry Knechtal
Strange Days - Doug Lubahn
Waiting for the Sun - Doug Lubahn, Kerry Magness & Leroy Vinegar.
The Soft Parade - Harvey Brooks, Doug Lubahn,
Morrison Hotel - Ray Neapolitan & Lonnie Mack
L.A. Woman - Jerry Scheff

The Doors aren\'t everyone\'s taste, but seeing as the band has been covering them since the beginning and covered Morrison Hotel, they\'re as much an influence on them as any other band...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

stublatt

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 08:30:41 pm »

Thanks, Ken!

« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 08:30:41 pm by stublatt »

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2011, 08:41:35 pm »
The Doors fucking blow I don\'t care whos in the band. Whenever the Breakfast ever plays Doors all I can think is why is such a great band playing such a shitty song.

Pardon my bitching I just can\'t stand the Doors.

Been to enough shows that I know the next show they play could easily be one of my favorite concerts ever. As long as they don\'t play any Doors. Doesn\'t change anything.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 08:52:46 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2011, 09:28:33 pm »
It\'s just Rock n\' Roll dude!  Calm down!!!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 09:33:30 pm »
Doors are not rock and roll.

:P
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 09:45:11 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;265043

then what are they then????

Instead of bitching about what covers the band CHOOSES to play because they are the band...and last time I checked they do get to pick what they want to play, you should be grateful that you were in attendance of a spectacular local show...and that more are coming in April.  

I feel like there is always pissing and moaning.  They don\'t play enough in 2010.  Now they are starting to have a decently full calendar in 2011...and its bitching about covers.  I am sure this is all very encouraging to them.

End rant.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 10:14:45 pm by SkyePrizm »

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 09:48:44 pm »
first off, respect the doors.

but as for breakfast, with a 5 week residency, you gotta think we\'ll be seeing some ser bust outs and/or new tunes. so, so happy to hear this will be happening.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2011, 09:56:33 pm »
Oh, seriously?

I\'m only one of the bands biggest fans, continually bringing new people out to shows for years, hyping the fuck out of most of their events, taping concerts, burning kilocalories in the front row and doin\' this shit steady for years..

if they can\'t handle me saying some band they covered sucks, and it wasn\'t their greatest show in world history..

oh wait, I know they can handle it. if the worst criticism they have is me taking shit about the Doors and wondering what happened to the middle section of Gladys Pimp (only because its just about my favorite jam).. I doubt they will be crying themselves to sleep tonight.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2011, 10:09:00 pm »
Did you completely forget what you wrote?  Go back and read it.  You complained about the entire show.  You claimed the setlist was scattered with boringness.  

Eh.  I don\'t want to argue with you.  

Let\'s just try to be positive in 2011.
Oh yeah, that\'s right I forgot. its dot info.

Tweety_Gal

• Psycho purple canary!
    • http://www.myspace.com/tweety42
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2011, 11:07:29 pm »
Gladys was probably because of the time factor. Tim said this one would have to be short before the song started, and the show ended at exactly 1:30......Whineberg.
If the thunder don\'t get you then the lightning will!

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2011, 01:27:31 am »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;265043

Well I know any music historian worth his/her salt would disagree with you.
Not liking them is understandable but to dismiss them entirely as not Rock and Roll is an idiotic thing to do on a public message board full of music fanatics.

The Doors were an integral part of the L.A. music scene and created some of the most influential music of their era.
Their influence can be found to this day in so many ways I can\'t even begin to list.

http://www.youtube.com/v/OCr1YMnqJM8?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0">http://www.youtube.com/v/OCr1YMnqJM8?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2011, 07:17:39 am »
I respect your opinion man, you are entitled.

I believe that the Doors are a very important part of rock n\' roll. In October I got to see Robby Krieger\'s early set at the Iridium before having to truck on down to Crash Mansion for tB and I was honored to be in the presence of such an rock icon and guitar master. I have wanted to see RK for awhile and the stars aligned that night!

The fact that the Breakfast chooses to play songs by any particular band says a lot. Peace Frog at Cornell last year comes to mind; point is, the boys never fail to shred the hell out of any Doors tune. The Morrison Hotel set is fabulous. In fact, I think I am going to throw that on next! :stoned:

I feel so strongly that 2011 is going to be huge for the band. Positivity is going help propel the band this year. Thats not to say we shouldn\'t be honest either. But if we really feel it, then let it out.

The AC show looked supa-solid all the way through to me, but thats just me. I wasn\'t there. Its such a personal thing, the experience is different for everybody. But two new songs? Sweet.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2011, 08:58:02 am »
SkyePrizm > ignore list

Just seems easier than for whatever reason trying to defend a few minor gripes and constructive criticism. It\'s been a pleasure reading your diverse and enlightening views.

Best,
me

(remember, that means, I cannnnn\'t reeeeeeead yoooooouuu :P )

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2011, 09:33:18 am »
The Breakfast played a whole Doors album at the Stoney Creek  puppet house a few summers back.
Guess The Breakfast are Doors fans!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 11:26:52 am by KEN RAFLOWITZ »