Author Topic: BAR; New Haven, CT  (Read 6890 times)

galenas

• Global Moderator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« on: December 27, 2010, 12:23:14 pm »
BAR
254 Crown St.
New Haven, CT

21+ / $FREE

9:30pm-12:30am

Every first Wednesday of the month!

FACEBOOK INVITE

[MAP]

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 08:01:50 pm »
i just realized, i have a birthday show in july! a few months away but at least it\'s something to look forward to!
Where to next?

galenas

• Global Moderator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 12:16:24 pm »
bump for tonight!

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 07:50:59 pm »
sounds like i\'m rolling down with lexington and peaches

sufficed to say, it\'s gonna be a pawty
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

thatguy

BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 07:53:33 pm »
drop in the smoke shop for a couple numbers!

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 07:58:24 pm »
Quote from: thatguy;267648
drop in the smoke shop for a couple numbers!

my life gets worse every word i read!!! fuck i miss new haven
*Gia*

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 08:54:50 am »
good times at BAR and the owl shop last night.

tim played some tunes i hadn\'t heard him play before.  a couple spoon songs (\'that\'s the way we get by\' and another i didn\'t know). a couple mgmt songs (\'time to pretend\' and \'weekend wars\'). i think i missed the flaming lips\' \'spoonful weighs a ton,\' but i don\'t remember hearing that one before. one nirvana and one alice in chains song (possibly for the recent death anniversaries). first set \'stash\' had some good crowd participation (for BAR). night closed with a \'simpleton.\' lots of other good stuff too

adrian was doing work over at the owl shop. always good to head over there during setbreak. soooo tough to leave there though. those guys hold it down, no matter who\'s there (this week george lisew was replaced by another guitar player and there\'s usually a rotating bass player - this was my first time seeing preston play...he\'s a monster)

happy to head down with a couple taints like old times.

SkyePrizm

• separator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 10:47:04 am »
Quote from: zuke583;267658

tim played some tunes i hadn\'t heard him play before.  a couple spoon songs (\'that\'s the way we get by\' and another i didn\'t know).

Spoon?!?!?!  And I missed it?!?!  Arrrgh.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 11:03:42 am »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;267664

tim played some tunes i hadn\'t heard him play before.  a couple spoon songs (\'that\'s the way we get by\' and another i didn\'t know).

sounds like they\'ll be in the rotation. i bet if you went to anna liffey\'s next week, you could request a spoon song or two

SkyePrizm

• separator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 11:20:52 am »
Quote from: zuke583;267665
Quote from: SkyePrizm;267664

sounds like they\'ll be in the rotation. i bet if you went to anna liffey\'s next week, you could request a spoon song or two

Completely forgot about anna liffey\'s next week.  thanks for the reminder...  i am sure tim would prefer me having a new request instead of me always asking for wilco...

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 11:46:54 am »
also, there was a dude there with a "timmy tour" sign with the dates/cities/venues that tb/kf are playing this weekend. didn\'t get his name or a picture of the sign though. dude must be hardcore

SkyePrizm

• separator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 11:49:54 am »
Quote from: zuke583;267669
also, there was a dude there with a "timmy tour" sign with the dates/cities/venues that tb/kf are playing this weekend. didn\'t get his name or a picture of the sign though. dude must be hardcore

or tim\'s stalker.....

you gotta give me more of a visual.  was this a handwritten bedazzled sign with like glitter and stuff?

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 12:23:05 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;267670

or tim\'s stalker.....

you gotta give me more of a visual.  was this a handwritten bedazzled sign with like glitter and stuff?

pink highlighter accented with black sharpie. "TIMMY TOUR" in big letters and there was a flyer for the acoustic cafe taped on with little border around it. probably took 20 minutes to make but i\'m sure tim appreciates the effort

SkyePrizm

• separator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 01:19:20 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;267674

or tim\'s stalker.....

pink highlighter accented with black sharpie. "TIMMY TOUR" in big letters and there was a flyer for the acoustic cafe taped on with little border around it. probably took 20 minutes to make but i\'m sure tim appreciates the effort

no doubt.  any kind of promo = good these days.

galenas

• Global Moderator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 01:39:43 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;267674

or tim\'s stalker.....

ser bizz. nice work.