Author Topic: 2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.  (Read 46053 times)

SkyePrizm

• separator
2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.
« Reply #480 on: June 13, 2011, 11:27:26 am »
i am enjoying all these lebron jokes.  

and leith, the heat weren\'t the best in the east.  sure, they were the last team standing in the east. but doesn\'t mean they were the best.
Can\'t wait for the fall so our trash talking actually means something....

now i have to sit and wait and see where kemba goes...

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #481 on: June 13, 2011, 01:44:45 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;270124
i am enjoying all these lebron jokes.  

and leith, the heat weren\'t the best in the east.  sure, they were the last team standing in the east. but doesn\'t mean they were the best.
Can\'t wait for the fall so our trash talking actually means something....

now i have to sit and wait and see where kemba goes...

On what grounds were the Heat not the best team in the East? Because they didn\'t have to go through Orlando? Say what you will about Rondo being hurt, Miami ate up Boston and Chicago to get to the NBA Finals.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #482 on: June 13, 2011, 08:34:08 pm »
Exactly Drew. Thank You
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #483 on: June 13, 2011, 09:05:18 pm »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;270126
Say what you will about Rondo being hurt

Rondo with a dislocated elbow definitely hurt the Celtics more than you can realize.  I mean, he was playing in pain.  He was playing at 80%.  You can\'t have your point guard in the playoffs not at a 100%. You try doing anything with a dislocated elbow and get back to me.

Also, injuries at the center position.  Both O\'Neals were hurting.  And even Pierce had some sort of issue.  Ray had a bruised rib cage at one point, I believe too.  Yes, injuries hurt the celtics.  But that\'s what you get when you have an older team.   During the regular season, Celtics (healthy) were the best in the east. hands down.  

Were the Heat the best in the east all season? No way.  The best in the playoffs? Yes.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
« Reply #484 on: June 13, 2011, 10:23:22 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;270146
Were the Heat the best in the east all season? No way.  The best in the playoffs? Yes.

NBA basketball IS the playoffs.

It\'s not physically possible to play balls to the wall for 82 regular-season games, nor is it necessary in a league where more than half of teams make the playoffs. Building a team for the playoffs is a legitimate strategy in the NBA, and that is the type of team that Miami is: a team that, on paper, will have the two best players on the court (or at least two of the best three) at all times. And, in the NBA, the best player wins more often than not.

As far as Rondo goes, I\'m still not completely sold on a point guard that the defense can pick up at the foul line. A lot of times, it feels like watching a guy who is two assists shy of a triple-double in a pickup game. He makes unnecessary passes just for the assists, which is as selfish in my eyes as taking bad shots to run up your point total. Yes, he makes good players better and great players greater, but he is yet to make role players into good players... which is ultimately his future if he stays in Boston with the current crop of aging stars.

If Rajon Rondo learned anything from watching the Mavs this postseason, it should be that if Jason Kidd can magically develop a three-pointer at age 38, then he can do it at age 25. This is far from an original thought on my part (don\'t remember where I read it - sounds like Bill Simmons), but it is a thought that I happen to completely agree with:

leith

« Reply #485 on: June 14, 2011, 12:30:00 am »
Tray get real. The celtics were far from the best team in the east ever this year. The Bulls ruled the regular season the celtics were never the favored east team except for in New England.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #486 on: June 14, 2011, 11:01:48 am »
Well, I could argue you guys all day. But i won\'t because at the end of the day...

its a new season.  

What is done is done.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
« Reply #487 on: June 14, 2011, 11:43:33 am »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;270160
its a new season.

I hope you\'re right. If there\'s no NBA or NFL next fall, I may have to join a college football bandwagon, and I don\'t even know where to begin there.

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
« Reply #488 on: June 14, 2011, 01:22:49 pm »
Why do you people feel the need to argue which conference is better? Be a fan of the sport, and obviously have a favorite team or two. The reason I jumped on the Mavs bandwagon back in the first round is two part...

1. The Knicks embarassingly got swpet by the Old ass Celtics

2. That is one of the best BASKETBALL TEAMS I\'ve seen awhile. So deep, no selfish players, and one of the greatest basketball players of all time.

If im a Lakers fan I keep my mouth shut, they played worse than Lebron did and have a whole slew of problems going into the offseason. Kobe\'s pissed his boy didn\'t even get interviewed for the job, he\'s not digging the new head guy.

As for the Lebron jokes.....
Don\'t let Lebron borrow a dollar, he\'ll give you back 75 cents but he\'s never good for the 4th quarter

leith

« Reply #489 on: June 14, 2011, 02:16:30 pm »
Yeah I don\'t know how old you r Phish.....but this whole be a fan of the sport is hogwash and reeks of a modern PC education.
The reason there is debate over conferences IS due to having favorite teams and rooting for them for decades. At least u admit
to being a bandwaggoner and u must be new to the NBA because Dallas is a good team that got on a good run and far from one of the best
teams in awhile just as Dirk is not all that but got lucky Jason Terry lost the sixth man award and had a fire lit under him. It was his MVP trophy Dirk owns
As a Lakers fan that actually lives in Southern California and has access to the local coverage most detractors miss I can tell you I laugh at anyone who thinks
The Lakers have a slew of problems that Mitch can\'t take care of, they\'re The Lakers with the best mgmt in the league not an idiot like Ainge. As
 for Kobe he doesn\'t give a rats ass who the coach is he still runs the team on the floor.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #490 on: June 14, 2011, 04:40:27 pm »
Quote from: leith;270168
As for Kobe he doesn\'t give a rats ass who the coach is he still runs the team on the floor.

how many rings has he won without phil again?
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #491 on: June 14, 2011, 07:32:20 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;270175
Quote from: leith;270168
As for Kobe he doesn\'t give a rats ass who the coach is he still runs the team on the floor.

how many rings has he won without phil again?

*slow clap*

leith

« Reply #492 on: June 14, 2011, 07:51:05 pm »
Whatever he\'s also lost in The Finals with Phil. The Lakers have more going for them than most teams. They\'ll be in
the hunt again next year.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #493 on: June 14, 2011, 11:23:13 pm »
Quote from: leith;270199
Whatever he\'s also lost in The Finals with Phil. The Lakers have more going for them than most teams. They\'ll be in
the hunt again next year.

damn right he has.  as will be boston.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #494 on: June 15, 2011, 10:35:58 am »
Quote from: Igziabeher;270207
as will be boston.

I am curious as to what plays are made in this off season to repair the center position.

Once that\'s done, we are in it to win it.