Author Topic: 2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.  (Read 46043 times)

SkyePrizm

• separator
2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2010, 07:35:35 am »
Quote from: leith;262996
Guess Utah really misses the best player they had. Only beat the Heat and Magic in consecutive games.
Oh and The Lakers have improved to 8-0 which is pretty cool.

It\'s only the first month of the season!!!  I would hope the defending champs would be 8-0.  (Well, not really... but you know...)

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2010, 10:32:12 am »
kobe is in a video game commercial.

what a doucher.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2010, 01:10:27 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;263002
Guess Utah really misses the best player they had. Only beat the Heat and Magic in consecutive games.

It\'s only the first month of the season!!!  I would hope the defending champs would be 8-0.  (Well, not really... but you know...)

Oh? What was the celts record to start the season after they won?
It is hard to start a season undefeated.
The most any team has gotten is 15 in a row and The Lakers 11 so as a Lakers fan it is only normal for me to root for them to get if not the NBA record at least their own.

The shot about Utah was for Igz since he thinks one player leaving Utah will make them crumble. Bet you Phoenix does just fine also. I mean they are teams in the West they know how to rebuild.

Quote from: Vassillios;263010
kobe is in a video game commercial.
what a doucher.

Yeah It\'s not like Magic, Bird, Jordan didn\'t do commercials.
Get over it the teams you like suck.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 01:10:27 pm by leith »
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

spance

• ride
    • http://
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2010, 04:15:28 pm »
Enjoy Kobe while you have him... once he\'s gone the Lakers will most likely go back to the mediocre team they were in the 90\'s.
I\'m gonna break the speed of sound with my silver bullet!!

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2010, 04:32:31 pm »
Quote from: leith;263018
Quote from: SkyePrizm;263002

Oh? What was the celts record to start the season after they won?

I knew you were going to write that.  My psychic powers must be in high gear =P  I am at work, so I can\'t really play around and look it up, so don\'t quote me....but i wanna say the C\'s were like 8-1 by mid november....

leith

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2010, 05:16:15 pm »
Quote from: spance;263029
Enjoy Kobe while you have him... once he\'s gone the Lakers will most likely go back to the mediocre team they were in the 90\'s.

Yeah they were so mediocre in the 90\'s.
Only went to the Finals twice and won one.

90-91 58 Wins Lost in the Finals
91-92 43
92-93 39
93-94 33
94-95 48
95-96 53
96-97 56
97-98 61
98-99 31
99-00 67 Championship

You see I root for a team that is consistently on top of the entire League and is consistently vying for a Championship.

What I love about celtic fan is the oh the celts have more Championships when most of those saying that were not even alive for the MAJORITY of those Championships.

I\'ve been rooting for a current Winner my entire life as a Lakers fan. The Lakers trail by only one Championship but as far as actual appearances have been there 31 times the celts 21.

The Lakers are the epitome of how a NBA Franchise should be run. They restock better than any team in the league because they have the best owner and who doesn\'t want to play for The Lakers. You play for the Lakers you know you are going to win.
Pau Gasol the argued best big man in the game right now is going no where and understands the lineage of Lakers Big Men. Lakers will continue being the best team in the League.

spance

• ride
    • http://
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2010, 05:52:47 pm »
By Lakers standards...I\'d call the 90\'s fairly mediocre since they didn\'t manage to bring home a championship. The 99-00 season is technically 2000 so...

IMO, without Kobe in the current lineup they wouldn\'t be nearly as good as they\'ve been. So like I said, enjoy it while it lasts because it will come to an end eventually. But I do agree that they are a class A+++ organization and will continue their dominance till Kobe\'s shoulders finally give out ;)

Gasol has been ONE of the best overall big men but the jury\'s still out on whether he\'ll be considered THE best of this weakish big man era. KG (19.8), Amar\'e (21.4), Howard (17.5) and Dirki-love (22.9) have all pretty much averaged better then his (career) regular season 18.8 PPG (with Howard being the exception.) The same goes for the playoffs; KG (20.0), Amar\'e (24.2), Howard (19.0), Nowitzki (25.6), Gasol (18.5).

It\'ll be interesting to see how LA matches up against Miami in the finals.. that is, if Miami can make it through Orlando and Boston.

If Paul and Anthony end up making the move to NY then IMO they will have to be included in the mix... next season of course. But NY has by far the worst owner EVER in the history of sports... and I have to put up with it every season when my New York Rangers manage to humiliate themselves. So even with a solid trio of Amar\'e, Paul and Anthony.. Dolan will find a way to fuck it up.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 06:47:26 pm by spance »
I\'m gonna break the speed of sound with my silver bullet!!

leith

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2010, 01:28:43 am »
Quote from: spance;263035
By Lakers standards...I\'d call the 90\'s fairly mediocre since they didn\'t manage to bring home a championship. The 99-00 season is technically 2000 so...

IMO, without Kobe in the current lineup they wouldn\'t be nearly as good as they\'ve been. So like I said, enjoy it while it lasts because it will come to an end eventually. But I do agree that they are a class A+++ organization and will continue their dominance till Kobe\'s shoulders finally give out ;)

Gasol has been ONE of the best overall big men but the jury\'s still out on whether he\'ll be considered THE best of this weakish big man era. KG (19.8), Amar\'e (21.4), Howard (17.5) and Dirki-love (22.9) have all pretty much averaged better then his (career) regular season 18.8 PPG (with Howard being the exception.) The same goes for the playoffs; KG (20.0), Amar\'e (24.2), Howard (19.0), Nowitzki (25.6), Gasol (18.5).

It\'ll be interesting to see how LA matches up against Miami in the finals.. that is, if Miami can make it through Orlando and Boston.

If Paul and Anthony end up making the move to NY then IMO they will have to be included in the mix... next season of course. But NY has by far the worst owner EVER in the history of sports... and I have to put up with it every season when my New York Rangers manage to humiliate themselves. So even with a solid trio of Amar\'e, Paul and Anthony.. Dolan will find a way to fuck it up.

Well w/o debating the semantics of when the 90\'s ended I can\'t argue that yes by Lakers standards the 90\'s were mediocre.
They will build around Pau and if Bynum ever reaches even half his "potential"  they\'ll be fine.
As far as Miami I never have thought much of them and so far they have proven me right not to think about them.
They have no defense to speak of, pretty small team overall and like tonight they depend too much on closing in the 4th  to win and against a team like the celtics you just can\'t do that.
The celtics and Magic are the teams to watch for imo.

As for the Lakers so much for breaking their record for wins to start a season. Tough loss but not unexpected. Early season trips to Denver have always been a pain for The Lakers and tonight was no different. A little bit more from the bench and it would have been a win. Oh well.
8-1 so far.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2010, 10:53:45 am »
yeah man the heat have not met expectations. they are all hype. lebron is a douche, everyone hates him now, this is his karma for not staying with cleveland and winning one there. i like dwayde, but feel bad he has to share the court with a major doucher.

http://www.youtube.com/v/lPZnGf2X-pw&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3">http://www.youtube.com/v/lPZnGf2X-pw&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390">
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2010, 08:42:32 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;263058
yeah man the heat have not met expectations. they are all hype. lebron is a douche, everyone hates him now, this is his karma for not staying with cleveland and winning one there. i like dwayde, but feel bad he has to share the court with a major doucher.

http://www.youtube.com/v/lPZnGf2X-pw&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3">http://www.youtube.com/v/lPZnGf2X-pw&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390">

^^^^^ That\'s why I love my Rondoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW-Fantastic game last night that I missed because my spouse was arguing with me.  I guess, can I just watch the game, doesn\'t translate well when you are a female...pretty pissed I missed the game and Timmy tour all in one night.    But the highlights made me happy! :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 08:44:56 pm by SkyePrizm »

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2010, 11:42:38 pm »
Soooooo, Leith...how bout those Lakers?  =P

I won\'t gloat that much about their losing streak.

But instead I will say, the Celtics game tonight was one of those games were I seriously was on the edge of the sofa...Ray comes in with the dagger, with like 10 seconds left and saves the day.

leith

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2010, 12:01:55 am »
They\'ve lost 4 in a row! The sky is falling! Oh NO!!!
:lol:
Yeah it pretty much sucks as they are losing games they shouldn\'t which they had been doing a great job not doing in the last couple years.
I am glad of one thing though it took losing to get someone to step up and talk some shit. I mean that\'s what the thread is for so thanks.

GO LAKERS!!!

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2010, 07:54:09 pm »
The Association is on ESPN right now.  It shows why Boston is not only the best team, but the team that enjoys playing the game the most too.  Banner 18, here we come.

right now the Eastern Conference has 7 teams over .500  the Celtics are in 1st place

right now the Western Conference has 7 teams over .500 the Lakers are in 5th place

The Western Conference has 3 teams with only 4 wins.  The Eastern Conference has 0 teams with only 4 wins and 2 with just 5.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 07:54:09 pm by Igziabeher »

leith

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2010, 11:46:34 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;263720
The Association is on ESPN right now.  It shows why Boston is not only the best team, but the team that enjoys playing the game the most too.  Banner 18, here we come.

right now the Eastern Conference has 7 teams over .500  the Celtics are in 1st place

right now the Western Conference has 7 teams over .500 the Lakers are in 5th place

The Western Conference has 3 teams with only 4 wins.  The Eastern Conference has 0 teams with only 4 wins and 2 with just 5.

uh there are 8 teams over .500 in the West and The Lakers are only in 4th place behind 3 teams with .750 winning % or better even after a 4 game losing streak.

The celts are tied for first and the 3rd place team is at .650.
You have to go to the SIXTH seed in the Western Conference to see a team at .650. The 4th seed in the East would be the 8th seed in the West.

Face it the Eastern Conference is inferior, no matter what stats you want to try and put up.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2010, 12:30:55 am »
congrats on waiting til after phoenix won tonight to prove my statement from before the game started wrong.  stupid douchebag.

you still got 3 teams at .250 and under where the east has 0.

and they were 5th before the Hornets lost tonight to the KNICKS.

you might as well just waited til they made it all the way back to first place to respond, boy you really could\'ve zinged me there.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 12:30:55 am by Igziabeher »