Author Topic: 2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.  (Read 46409 times)

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.
« Reply #465 on: June 09, 2011, 03:27:42 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;270046
Ummm in Jordan\'s first 6 full seasons he averaged 33ppg, including 37 in his 3rd year and 35 in his 4th. He also collected Rook of the Year and took home MVP and Defensive Player of the Year in that 4th season. Not sure how you can say he didn\'t do much in his first 6 seasons.

ha!  I had no idea he was THAT good that early...no championships at least for 6 seasons
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #466 on: June 09, 2011, 06:48:14 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;270051
Quote from: Gordo;270046
Ummm in Jordan\'s first 6 full seasons he averaged 33ppg, including 37 in his 3rd year and 35 in his 4th. He also collected Rook of the Year and took home MVP and Defensive Player of the Year in that 4th season. Not sure how you can say he didn\'t do much in his first 6 seasons.

ha!  I had no idea he was THAT good that early...no championships at least for 6 seasons

Yeah his numbers were ridiculous. His first MVP season (\'88) he averaged more than 3 steals per game (!!!!) and 1.6 blocks per game. That\'s absurd, especially when you\'re dropping 35ppg. That was Pippen\'s first year with the Bulls. The following year, when they really started gelling, Jordan\'s numbers looked like a typical LeBron season, only better: 32.5ppg, 8apg, 8rpg, and 2.9spg. LeBron has never averaged 8 & 8 in a season and only has one year with more than 2spg (Jordan has 10).

Trust me, I\'m not going to discount LeBron\'s nastiness as a bball player, he\'s sick and will arguably go down as one of the best few of all time, especially statistically. Looks like in this his 8th season he will win his first championship once he finally got a supporting cast. I\'m sure a ton will follow. Jordan won it in his 7th season, once he got a supporting cast, and a ton followed. Only difference, imo, is LeBron\'s is definitely stronger (in D Wade alone still proving to be THE man in real "crunch time" aka the Fucking Finals) and he still has to prove he can get in guys faces, tell them to suck his dick, and then take over when it matters most.

And maybe, like you said, that has something to do with his freak athleticism and size from such an early age that has caused a bit of mental laziness, who knows. I can dig that argument for sure. Oh, and a sidenote, most people don\'t realize Jordan was cut from Varsity as a Freshman in HS. Pretty sure it was an unwritten rule at Laney that Frosh didn\'t play Varsity, and he almost challenged that. They stuck to their guns and I think he dominated his last 3 years in HS.

Check that: Just looked up some HS info, he was cut from Varsity his Soph year and dominated JV. Then tore shit up on Varsity his last 2 yrs of HS. It\'s funny, he didn\'t catch his growth spurt until late, he was only 6\'1" his junior year of high school and cites that AS motivation to play better from early on. So boom, absolute support to your theory.

Oh, and go MAVS.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 06:48:14 pm by Gordo »
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
« Reply #467 on: June 09, 2011, 08:47:28 pm »
Lebron is missing one part of the overall game.... the ability to be clutch. I obviously don\'t hang out with him... but he seems to pay attention to what other people are saying way too much.

Before game 1 of their series  agaisnt the Bulls, James said he was up all night watching film trying to see what he can improve... they ended up losing that game by almost 20. Then he said last night he was up watching ESPN until 230 am!!!! The only thing they\'ve been talking about is how Lebron "checked out" and how he is averaging 2.4 pts in the 4th quarter this season. I think he lets things get to his head way too much which hinders his abilility to dominate every game, which he should.

All in all, if this Heat team stays together then they should win a couple titles, he will never be on the level of MJ, I dont think he\'ll even finish as one of the 5 best players of all time. Im taking Kobe in his prime over Lebron in his prime all day

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #468 on: June 09, 2011, 10:03:27 pm »
Quote from: phish4breakfast;270069
Lebron is missing one part of the overall game.... the ability to be clutch. I obviously don\'t hang out with him... but he seems to pay attention to what other people are saying way too much.

Before game 1 of their series  agaisnt the Bulls, James said he was up all night watching film trying to see what he can improve... they ended up losing that game by almost 20. Then he said last night he was up watching ESPN until 230 am!!!! The only thing they\'ve been talking about is how Lebron "checked out" and how he is averaging 2.4 pts in the 4th quarter this season. I think he lets things get to his head way too much which hinders his abilility to dominate every game, which he should.

All in all, if this Heat team stays together then they should win a couple titles, he will never be on the level of MJ, I dont think he\'ll even finish as one of the 5 best players of all time. Im taking Kobe in his prime over Lebron in his prime all day

I completely agree.

Though it was hard to swallow him being clutch as fuck against the Bulls last series. I literally thought we were dealt the LeClutch card that everyone has been waiting for, but seems like that stride was short.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
« Reply #469 on: June 10, 2011, 10:48:01 pm »
These past few games have been sitting well in my stomach :)

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #470 on: June 12, 2011, 11:00:54 pm »
HI YoOoOoOoo !
*Gia*

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #471 on: June 12, 2011, 11:09:22 pm »
Well once again the West is the Best. Yeah so much for your gut feelings huh Tray?
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #472 on: June 13, 2011, 12:40:14 am »
Glad to see Dirk take down Lebron.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #473 on: June 13, 2011, 08:05:32 am »
Go Mavs!
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #474 on: June 13, 2011, 09:17:05 am »
Quote from: leith;270110
Well once again the West is the Best. Yeah so much for your gut feelings huh Tray?

First off, the heat are like the evil step-sister of the east.  i don\'t know any team in the east fans that would actually cheer for the heat.  I freaking hate those guys.  If the bulls had been in the finals, I would have cheered them on. I would have cheered any east team on.  The heat.  No effin way.

Secondly, the heat are notorious chokers.  especially with lebron now.  Cause lebron is the king of collapsing when it counts.  So i could have told you this would have happened.  Had it been Dallas vs the Celtics... I believe the celtics would have won.  But we will never know.

But yes, I was wrong. The west won.
But Leith, where were the lakers? Sitting home.  That made being wrong all worth it.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #475 on: June 13, 2011, 10:43:51 am »
Q: Why didn\'t LeBron go to college?
A: He was afraid of the finals.

I didn\'t make this up... saw it uncredited on Facebook (posted by a friend who isn\'t witty enough to have made it up himself) but felt it was too good not to share.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

leith

« Reply #476 on: June 13, 2011, 10:48:44 am »
Tray all I read was blah blah blah if it was the celtics. It wasn\'t. The celts couldnt do it and are done get over it now it will be easier in the coming months if you do.
The Heat were the best in the east this year and yeah The Lakers were at home and Hmmmmm so were the Spurs yet the West came out on top Per Usual. Will u east fans
ever concede your conference sucks? Facts r facts people.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #477 on: June 13, 2011, 11:00:23 am »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;270119
Q: Why didn\'t LeBron go to college?
A: He was afraid of the finals.

I didn\'t make this up... saw it uncredited on Facebook (posted by a friend who isn\'t witty enough to have made it up himself) but felt it was too good not to share.

Q: Why shouldn\'t you let LeBron give you change for a dollar?
A:Because he can\'t give you the 4th quarter!

Q: How do you know you\'ve found Lebron James\' cell phone?
A: It vibrates and receives calls, but doesn\'t have a ring!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 11:04:22 am by NickNels »
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

leith

« Reply #478 on: June 13, 2011, 11:03:35 am »
lol too funny

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #479 on: June 13, 2011, 11:14:32 am »
i heard it\'s \'lebron james day\' in dallas today.

everyone gets to leave work 12 minutes early.
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor