Author Topic: 2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.  (Read 46437 times)

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.
« Reply #450 on: May 16, 2011, 05:28:33 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;269461
of course.

That alone should be reason enough to cheer for the opponent.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
« Reply #451 on: May 17, 2011, 05:32:11 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;269460
Speaking of the Mavs - does Jason Kidd still put up those obnoxious free throws?

They call him surebuckets from beyond the arc

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #452 on: May 23, 2011, 10:27:48 pm »
Not a peep about Noah\'s gay slur huh? figures
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #453 on: May 23, 2011, 10:50:57 pm »
i missed it i was watching hbo lat night.  was it good for you??

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #454 on: May 24, 2011, 12:18:18 am »
After the Dallas win tonight, I think I\'m going to team up with Ph4B and root for the Mavericks.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #455 on: May 24, 2011, 08:10:36 am »
Quote from: leith;269597
Not a peep about Noah\'s gay slur huh? figures

http://www.youtube.com/v/26QqAOrXHes?fs=1&hl=en_US">http://www.youtube.com/v/26QqAOrXHes?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #456 on: May 24, 2011, 10:58:39 am »
first off, i really don\'t like joakim noah at all.  secondly didn\'t kobe say it in an interview whereas noah is saying it during the heat of battle?  i find that to be differentiating.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #457 on: May 24, 2011, 11:19:22 am »
Quote from: Igziabeher;269607
first off, i really don\'t like joakim noah at all.

he definitely looks like a piece of shit so I had low expectations for a rat like that anyways (and for much of the NBA for that matter)

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #458 on: May 24, 2011, 12:08:08 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;269607
first off, i really don\'t like joakim noah at all.  secondly didn\'t kobe say it in an interview whereas noah is saying it during the heat of battle?  i find that to be differentiating.

kobe yelled it at a ref. noah yelled it at a fan. that\'s why kobe was fined 100k and noah only 50k
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #459 on: May 24, 2011, 12:10:35 pm »
oh ok.  whatever, fan was probably a queermo anyways.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #460 on: May 25, 2011, 11:44:08 am »
i don\'t know, guys. i\'ve been yawning through the rest of these playoffs.  no interest.  
i\'ve moved on to baseball.

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
« Reply #461 on: May 25, 2011, 07:37:17 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;269599
After the Dallas win tonight, I think I\'m going to team up with Ph4B and root for the Mavericks.

Dirk is proving why he won the MVP in the past and could very well take the Finals MVP.
It looks like a rematch of the 06 finals only so much better. The Heat, the team noone likes with two of the world\'s best players, against the Mavs, a veteran team who all wants a ring.

Im thinking if youre a fan of basketball youll be a fan of the finals

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #462 on: June 09, 2011, 01:05:16 pm »
Heard a great segment today on  Colin Cowheard\'s show.

Colin was talking about the comparison of Jordan and Lebron.  He compares Lebron more to Wilt Chamberlin than Michael Jordan.  Wilt and Lebron were always tremendous physical specimans and were head and heels above their competition at an early age. Unlike Jordan, Lebron has been worshiped his entire life.  He has been on everybody\'s radar since he was 14 because of his amazing physcial gifts.  Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team.  Jordan didn\'t do much his first 6 years in the league, but every year his game kept getting better because he played with a chip on his shoulder.  He took everyone\'s criticisms and used them to work on his game.

Lebron came into the League averaging 20+ pts per game (out of high school no less with no college experience; unlike Jordan).  The team he lead to 60 wins last year is the worst team in the league this year.  Lebron has been so good for so long, he doesn\'t even have a post-up game.  He just makes things up going down the court because he is that good.  It\'s almost funny, Lebron can\'t even post up Jason Kidd.  

Bottom line is he has had very little adversity to overcome in his career.  If he maintains his skill level he should be able to win several MVPs and a few championships on god given talent alone.  You just wonder if he will have the ability to be the best-ever because he\'s never had to work too hard...at least to the point that MJ did to get his game where it was.  Will he have the drive/passion to bring his game to the next level?

Anyway...from here he kinda expanded on things.  He started talking about NBA busts.  What position in the NBA has the most busts?  Centers.  And not talking like the 15th or 20th draft pick, but legitimate top 5 centers.  It\'s a long list Oliwikandi, Kwame Brown, Shawn Bradley, Darko Milicic, Hasheem Thabeet, etc...The reason for this is because these guys are successful at an early age.  They are 6\'5 in middle school.  They don\'t need to put in a ton of effort early on because they are the tallest guy in the room.

Which position has the fewest busts?  Point Guard.  Why?  Because these guys are usually the smallest guys in the room and need to earn respect at an early age.  They work on their game and need to spend extra hours in the gym to compete in a game with tall guys.  They usually have something to prove.

Beyond this he kinda compared it to society.  Most of the millionaires in this country (he threw out the stat of 92%...which is probably bullshit, but...) come from middle-class or below.  They have to learn a strong work ethic to succeed and overcome opsticles.  It\'s not the rich person\'s kid who steps outside the box of what he is given to create another million dollar idea...

Anyway, this is the kind of stuff I find really interesting and is RARELY brought up on other programs.  Whether it is an original thought or not, I love this kinda stuff on the radio.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #463 on: June 09, 2011, 01:37:52 pm »
you can\'t compare anybody from the 60s to today\'s players. it\'s a totally different ballgame. lebron is perceived as somewhat of a failure because he\'s compared against his limitless potential.

and i bet a lot of self-made millionaires do come from middle class or below. a) that\'s much bigger population (at least 92%) and b) they are probably more likely to overvalue the importance of money. money is a lot like sex: it\'s becomes a lot more important when you don\'t have it than when you do
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #464 on: June 09, 2011, 02:11:17 pm »
Ummm in Jordan\'s first 6 full seasons he averaged 33ppg, including 37 in his 3rd year and 35 in his 4th. He also collected Rook of the Year and took home MVP and Defensive Player of the Year in that 4th season. Not sure how you can say he didn\'t do much in his first 6 seasons.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash