Author Topic: 2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.  (Read 50524 times)

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.
« Reply #405 on: May 08, 2011, 07:19:54 pm »
Quote from: phish4breakfast;269083
Hmm, not the thunder. Memphis is a dangerous team especially at Memphis for sure. The Thunder have a better chance of winning on any given night in my opinion with all that firepower on their team. Plus Ibaka could really mess with Dirk with all hhis size and athleticism.

That being said Memphis seems to have a lot of momentum and I dont know much people who can slow down Zach Randolph. Regardless of who it is it should be one hell of a series, better than the last one we can only hope!

anything would be better than that roll over.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #406 on: May 08, 2011, 08:02:45 pm »
Bill Walton pwning lakers on twitter:
In all seriousness, by refusing to play the game Odom & Bynum have disgraced this Laker franchise like Kwame Brown before them.

Watching him sink another shot I realize there is no one on this planet cooler than Jason Terry but Mr. Colt 45 himself, Billy Dee Williams!

Lamar Odom attacked Dirk like he was opening a bag of Skittles as he leaves this game early just in time for his captivating reality show!

Fresh from his work with a starter’s pistol at the Kentucky Derby, Steve Blake continues to fire useless blanks into the sky. Just unreal!!

This rancid effort by Pau Gasol is making Chris Bosh\'s game last night look like the mighty Achilles dispatching foes during the Trojan War.

As if he\'s reliving his collapse in the \'84 finals at the hands of Larry Bird, Magic Johnson is on the verge of tears in the ABC studios.

It is extremely evident that Kobe\'s pregame routine included reading Keyshawn Johnson\'s literary classic \'Just Give Me The Damn Ball\'.

On a lovely Mother\'s Day Mrs. Gasol has tearfully placed her son Pau\'s face on the side of a milk carton, hoping to inspire his putrid play.

i lol\'d
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #407 on: May 08, 2011, 09:28:57 pm »
That whole bill walton bit is pretty darn funny.

I didn\'t get to actually watch much of the lakers game because i was traveling to and fro between my family and inlaws, but i heard how awful it was at dinner (my father-in-law is a diehard lakers fan).

People can say the lakers are old.  People can say the celtics are old.  But you know the big difference between the two teams?  Heart.   Who wants it more.    And  after last night\'s win, its pretty darn clear,  the Celtics want it more.    

See ya next season, Lakers, or what is left of you after your team is dismantled in the off season.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #408 on: May 08, 2011, 10:37:09 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;269088
See ya next season, Lakers, or what is left of you after your team is dismantled in the off season.

What\'s the scoop on Boston\'s big 3?  Still there for next year?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #409 on: May 08, 2011, 10:57:32 pm »
yep.  most the lakers are tied up too, minus their coach.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6509705

still think the celts will only win 1 at home. leith?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 10:57:32 pm by Igziabeher »

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #410 on: May 09, 2011, 08:22:00 am »
interesting observation by basketball-reference.com:

From 2008 to 2010, the NBA playoffs clearly had a "ruling class" that consisted of Boston, Orlando, and the Los Angeles Lakers. Combined, those three teams played 26 playoff series, and just once did one of them lose to a team outside of their own small clique

full list of results/mini-writeup: http://www.basketball-reference.com/blog/?p=9394
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #411 on: May 09, 2011, 12:16:26 pm »
time time for some time for some action....

A must win for both Boston and Miami, lets steamroll these pussies.

Lebron James mumbles "that\'s retarded" at the post game press conference when D Wade was asked about the Rondo incident.  Go get \'em. Skye.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 12:16:26 pm by Igziabeher »

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #412 on: May 09, 2011, 03:12:04 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;269096

Lebron James mumbles "that\'s retarded" at the post game press conference when D Wade was asked about the Rondo incident.  Go get \'em. Skye.

first off, he obviously knew it was wrong to say it in the middle of a press conference cause he said it with his mouth covered.  kinda like when you say "bullshit" pretending you are coughing.  why didn\'t he just do that?  would have been funny. maybe.    

I am not just annoyed about the whole term of "retarded" being used by lebron.    I am annoyed that lebron as an athlete takes that injury so lightly.  If that had been him, he would have been making such a fuss about.....but notice, rondo is so quiet about it.

Lebron showed his ignorance on all levels.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #413 on: May 09, 2011, 08:52:03 pm »
can someone look back through this thread and quote where i said the winner of this series will win the championship?  i still stand by that statement.

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
« Reply #414 on: May 09, 2011, 09:42:44 pm »
why would we wana back your word up lol

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #415 on: May 09, 2011, 09:54:15 pm »
i\'m just lazy.

fuuuuck.  we should\'ve had that won in regulation, but they blew it in overtime.  still though, this series is far from over.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 09:54:15 pm by Igziabeher »

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #416 on: May 09, 2011, 10:14:38 pm »
heat didnt win. celts lost
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #417 on: May 09, 2011, 10:16:30 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;269118

Exactly.   Celtics handed that game to the Heat gift wrapped.   C\'s should have won this game in regulation, but Paul Pierce totally botched up that last play. I am pretty sure that\'s not what Doc had drawn up.   Then in OT, it\'s like the entire defense collapsed.   Very disappointed.  Now the pressure is on to win the next 3 in a row.  It can be done. But it won\'t be easy.   Especially with Rondo obviously hurting.

And I am pretty sure I\'ve stated this before, and I will say it again, I hate the Miami Heat.   They are a bunch of dirty players.  I can\'t stomach them winning this series because I know it will mean they will win it all most likely.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 10:18:38 pm by SkyePrizm »

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
« Reply #418 on: May 09, 2011, 10:18:13 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;269118

Absolutely. Pierce really looked off in overtime and the last shot of regulation was not pretty at all. I think the whole give it to Pierce he\'s the closer thing is over now, they have so many options if they attack the basket and find someone open there shouldnt be a problem with anyone else trying to end it.

That being said it was a good game and the Cs can still pull some magic

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #419 on: May 09, 2011, 10:36:56 pm »
look at their options.  KG had a horrible game, Allen only started hitting shots late in the 4th quarter.  at that point in time Pierce was the most reliable option, he had 20somthing points already.  that being said, even how badly he was playing, i\'d have worked it inside to KG and if he didn\'t get it in, he\'d at least get hacked and a foul shot..