Author Topic: 2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.  (Read 53682 times)

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.
« Reply #360 on: May 05, 2011, 11:18:06 am »
Dallas Mavericks 2011 NBA Champions

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #361 on: May 05, 2011, 11:42:12 am »
Quote from: leith;268913
It\'s a 7 game series but for the first time in years I think I\'m doubting they can make it all the way.

wow. i never ever ever thought i would ever see that.  
leith admitting the lakers aren\'t perfect!?!?!?!

guess my laker-lose dance must have worked.  ;)

Quote from: leith;268915
Rockets I think \'94 or \'95

it was the rockets in 1994.  
it was in the second round vs the suns.  
they went on to play the knicks that year in the finals with the infamous oj simpson bronco chase and john starks shooting up bricks.    And the rockets won the championship that year.

So, who knows?  Maybe the celtics and lakers will still meet up afterall.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 11:42:46 am by SkyePrizm »

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #362 on: May 05, 2011, 11:54:00 am »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;268924

video plz
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #363 on: May 05, 2011, 01:03:34 pm »
Quote from: phish4breakfast;268923

If you are right, does that mean your 9/11 conspiracy theory handed down from some bullshit left-wing professor is also true?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #364 on: May 05, 2011, 01:22:39 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;268928
Quote from: phish4breakfast;268923

If you are right, does that mean your 9/11 conspiracy theory handed down from some bullshit left-wing professor is also true?

:wah:

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #365 on: May 05, 2011, 02:28:36 pm »
Hey Al take that argument elsewhere and when u do pls explain how 2 planes can both completely disintegrate on the same day and in one instance break all the laws of physics.
Pls explain how a plane crashed into The Pentagon and left no huge pieces of wreckage and also only created a small hole in the outer walls etc.
TIA
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #366 on: May 05, 2011, 02:47:09 pm »
Quote from: leith;268930
Hey Al take that argument elsewhere and when u do pls explain how 2 planes can both completely disintegrate on the same day and in one instance break all the laws of physics.
Pls explain how a plane crashed into The Pentagon and left no huge pieces of wreckage and also only created a small hole in the outer walls etc.
TIA

that doesn\'t take away from the fact that a bunch of pissed off arabs flew 2 planes into the largest buildings in the largest city in the USA.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #367 on: May 05, 2011, 03:00:31 pm »
alright, guys, don\'t make me the voice of reason here.  
go take your political arguments elsewhere---->

I want just good ole basketball trash talk....

Quote from: bdfreetuna;268927
Quote from: SkyePrizm;268924

video plz

I would but it contains a lot of jumping around....
and i can bet $10 one of you guys on here would slow-mo a certain aspect of my body.  

i will however dance it at the next show i am at.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 03:00:58 pm by SkyePrizm »

leith

« Reply #368 on: May 05, 2011, 03:12:13 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;268931
TIA

that doesn\'t take away from the fact that a bunch of pissed off arabs flew 2 planes into the largest buildings in the largest city in the USA.

Well it\'s not fact who was flying those planes or under who\'s direction. It is a fact 2 planes did hit the WTC but just how much they contributed to the towers falling can be up for debate considering the evidence and there is always the building that wasn\'t hit yet came down anyways.
There is much more evidence to support the official story of the WTC than there is for the Pentagon or Shanksville.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #369 on: May 05, 2011, 03:36:31 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;268932
I would but it contains a lot of jumping around....
and i can bet $10 one of you guys on here would slow-mo a certain aspect of my body.  

I was thinking it would make a great new avatar for breakfast.info

I have some decent video editing software. come on!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
« Reply #370 on: May 06, 2011, 01:11:34 pm »
Quote from: leith;268934
Quote from: Igziabeher;268931
TIA

Well it\'s not fact who was flying those planes or under who\'s direction. It is a fact 2 planes did hit the WTC but just how much they contributed to the towers falling can be up for debate considering the evidence and there is always the building that wasn\'t hit yet came down anyways.
There is much more evidence to support the official story of the WTC than there is for the Pentagon or Shanksville.

Much room for discussion here but lets bring this to the other thread we already started... this should strictly be about NBA and how the Mavericks are going to rule the NBA world.

It is very very possible that the Celtics are gonna get swept, and with that comes the end of a POSSIBLE dynasty. The celtics are no better than the Pistons in 05 or whenever, and they are not on the same level as this decade\'s spurs and lakers. They won multiple championships, those are true dynasties.

Why do I bring this up? Because so many stupid Boston fans try to say this team will go down in history. Nah, one championship means nothing. The door isn\'t closing, it just closed hard on game 2. Fact of the matter is the trade of Kendrick Perkins should\'ve never happened, fucked up their chemistry and ruined their chance of getting back to the finals

leith

« Reply #371 on: May 06, 2011, 03:34:27 pm »
Quote from: phish4breakfast;268954

It is very very possible that the Celtics are gonna get swept, and with that comes the end of a POSSIBLE dynasty. The celtics are no better than the Pistons in 05 or whenever, and they are not on the same level as this decade\'s spurs and lakers. They won multiple championships, those are true dynasties.

Why do I bring this up? Because so many stupid Boston fans try to say this team will go down in history. Nah, one championship means nothing. The door isn\'t closing, it just closed hard on game 2. Fact of the matter is the trade of Kendrick Perkins should\'ve never happened, fucked up their chemistry and ruined their chance of getting back to the finals

I want to hate you so much with your outta left field bandwagon rooting for dallas. Where the fuck were you the rest of the season?
Then you post something like this and I can\'t help but think you\'re allsum. It\'s all true this team was lucky to get the one they got and without it the whole "rebirth" of the celtics would have been considered an abortion.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #372 on: May 06, 2011, 04:27:50 pm »
Quote from: leith;268962
Quote from: phish4breakfast;268954

I want to hate you so much with your outta left field bandwagon rooting for dallas. Where the fuck were you the rest of the season?

exactly what i want to know.  coming late to the party, eh?

And i completely agree about the Kendrick Perkins trade.   As a Boston fan, I have never felt good about it.  There are some really brainwashed people who think it was alright and the team will make it.   But I lost all faith in the organization\'s leadership when that occurred.  

It was bad business and I honestly think Danny Ainge needs to get his head examined.  I was so glad when the camera panned to him at that last Miami loss. I am glad he was there to witness that catastrophe.  Because in the end, it is truly his fault for leaving boston empty in the middle.

I still have this small shred of faith that Boston can pull out two wins at home and go back to Miami.  But a lot of factors need to happen in order for this to work.  

#1 KG needs to have an offensive dominance.  

#2 Rondo needs to just do his thing.  Dishing out plays.   Getting rebounds.  Taking the jumper if its open (lately he\'s actually been getting some....who knew??) Sometimes, he is trying too hard to take it to the paint and Miami has his number.  He needs to concentrate more on assists.

#3 Doc has to stop putting Delonte West in at the point.  I feel like their entire offense collapses when he is running the floor.  I am more comfortable if Doc switched Ray from shooting guard to point when Rondo is sitting.  Sometimes he does do that.  But he has to do that all the time.  I don\'t trust West.  I know West is sort of Doc\'s pet project.  But he seriously has to think what is best for the team to win.  

#4 Paul Pierce needs to put aside his hero play and just do what has to be done to win it.  That means, rebound, defense, jump shots---wise choice shots.  I mean no hail mary threes or driving to the basket tossing it up, hoping he gets fouled.

#5 Big Baby needs to rebound off the bench. I feel like he is trying to score in these miami games. if he scores, he scores. but they need him out there rebounding and giving good d off the bench.  Taking those offensive fouls, etc.

#6  Ray.  Honestly, I don\'t think he\'s in a funk, i just think Miami is making it impossible for him to get the ball.   He is running around the court and wearing out Wade on one end, but then on the other, he is giving up shots.  He needs to somehow tighten his d on wade.

#7 We need the Jermaine O\'Neal from the Knicks series to come and join the Miami series.

#8 We need Shaq to just stop wearing daper suits and just suit up.  If we are getting down to the wire, you can\'t tell me he is that injured that he can\'t give us at least 18 minutes a game???

I am sure I will think of more.  But this is just off the top of my head.  
Can\'t wait for tomorrow\'s game.

Oh, wait, thought of another one.

#9  Jeff Green has a slight glimmer that he was worth something in that trade fiasco.  But he needs to prove it to me. I want a big game off the bench from him.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 04:31:31 pm by SkyePrizm »

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #373 on: May 06, 2011, 06:19:22 pm »
I know the Perkins trade was a bad move, but the Celtics played the best this season from October to December when Perkins was still injured, so maybe Ainge figured that team would have had what it takes to take it all.  Clearly he was wrong.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #374 on: May 06, 2011, 06:41:57 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;268972
I know the Perkins trade was a bad move, but the Celtics played the best this season from October to December when Perkins was still injured, so maybe Ainge figured that team would have had what it takes to take it all.  Clearly he was wrong.

Ainge was most definitely wrong.  It comes down to team chemistry.  He underestimated it. Perkins was out oct-dec , yes,   but he was still a presence at practice, on the bench.  It was the comfort of knowing he would come back.  And when he did, soon after, they traded him.  I know it took Rondo out of it mentally.  Then they shuffled in a cast of characters that had to learn all the plays and gel with the team.  It was an off season move.