Author Topic: 2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.  (Read 54054 times)

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.
« Reply #330 on: May 01, 2011, 10:09:42 pm »
shut up leith.  i don\'t recall the lakers winning game 1 either, but you didn\'t open your mouth until they were up 3-2.  they played hard as they could in this loss, and if it wasn\'t for a slow start and pierce\'s ejection it would\'ve been any team\'s game.  no excuses.  if they\'re gonna lose, might as well light a fire under their asses in the process.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #331 on: May 01, 2011, 10:27:32 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;268772
shut up leith.  i don\'t recall the lakers winning game 1 either, but you didn\'t open your mouth until they were up 3-2.  they played hard as they could in this loss, and if it wasn\'t for a slow start and pierce\'s ejection it would\'ve been any team\'s game.  no excuses.  if they\'re gonna lose, might as well light a fire under their asses in the process.

You don\'t recall me opening my mouth because I didn\'t care. I didn\'t pay much attention to the first round figuring it was a lock and i was right. You can ask Tray I told her before the series I wasn\'t really watching until the second round.
Anyway you r right no excuses so why whine abt the refs? It was on Miami\'s home court what did you expect?
Oh and Pierce should know better than to lose his cool like that. He just figured out they have to play the best they ever have to beat this heat team and he freaked. hahaha
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #332 on: May 01, 2011, 10:31:41 pm »
its just 1 game, i\'m still not worried.  jones played the game of his life.  and pierce, well the truth needed to show his teammates he ain\'t gonna take it lying down.  plus that wasn\'t even the play that got him ejected anyways, so its neither here nor there.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #333 on: May 02, 2011, 09:30:22 am »
Quote from: leith;268774
Quote from: Igziabeher;268772

You don\'t recall me opening my mouth because I didn\'t care. I didn\'t pay much attention to the first round figuring it was a lock and i was right. You can ask Tray I told her before the series I wasn\'t really watching until the second round.
Anyway you r right no excuses so why whine abt the refs? It was on Miami\'s home court what did you expect?
Oh and Pierce should know better than to lose his cool like that. He just figured out they have to play the best they ever have to beat this heat team and he freaked. hahaha

lose his cool? he set a [non-moving] screen on d wade who threw his shoulder into pierce, and pierce not only got a foul but ejected. worst call in the history of basketball
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #334 on: May 02, 2011, 11:38:02 am »
Quote from: phish4breakfast;268770
Quote from: Igziabeher;268765
these refs are terrible.  the jermaine o\'neal flagrant 2 was a bullshit call when the celts were on a 12-2 run or some shit, then they give pierce a second technical for setting a pick when he was the best shooter for the celts in the game.

Couldn\'t agree more with you. I\'m watching this series from a Knicks fan POV, not really giving a flying funk on who wins. Every close call went to the Heat, cheap fouls, hustle plays, it was really blowing my mind.

First off, I agree with you all.  The refs were horrific in that 4th quarter.   I had to watch highlights about Pierce because my grandmother classically decided to have an important convo in the middle of it.  right in front of the tv.   Pierce being ejected=bs.    I mean, Pierce was literally given that second one in such a split second decision.  I mean, to throw out a player like that in the playoffs, I really feel like the refs should take more care and not make an emotional decision. Its bad enough the players are emotional.

Could the C\'s have caught up at the end with Pierce on the floor?  We\'ll never know.  With that said, you can\'t blame a loss on refs alone.    In Game 2, Kevin Garnett NEEDS to have more of an offensive presence.   The C\'s need to find a way to contain Wade.  They have huge a job in containing Lebron (which they did, somewhat, if you call 22 points containing him).  But they can\'t then ease up on Wade like they did.   He should not be having a 38 pt kobe bryant sort of game.  

Kudos to Ray Allen trying to fuel that comeback, but it just wasn\'t enough without Pierce on the floor.  

I think Big Baby said it best after the game, "We\'re awake. Most definitely we smell what\'s going on, the coffee is brewing. We\'ll be back Game 2 and it\'ll be a great game."

Quote from: leith;268774
[ You can ask Tray I told her before the series I wasn\'t really watching until the second round.

Oh and Pierce should know better than to lose his cool like that.

Actually, he did tell me that.

I hate to agree with Leith... ;)  but Pierce should know better.   He didn\'t warrant the technicals, but he shouldn\'t have given the refs an excuse to throw him out.  I still think the refs were wrong though. Pierce needs to just walk away in those situations. After the 1st, he should have had his guard up thinking a second could happen. which it did 59 seconds later.

I have no doubt the Celtics will bounce back in game 2.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:38:02 am by SkyePrizm »

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
« Reply #335 on: May 03, 2011, 01:42:56 am »
Key to Game one:

Dirk\'s mind bending shots
JJ Barea and his sweet stroke
The Lakers seemingly enjoyment to turn the ball over

Better hope this Mavs team doesn\'t start clicking on ALL cylinders i.e. Kidd and Marion scoring and mah boy BEAUBOIS coming in at the end of the series

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #336 on: May 03, 2011, 01:44:50 am »
Hawks/Grizzlies finals.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #337 on: May 03, 2011, 04:35:48 am »
fuck.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

« Reply #338 on: May 03, 2011, 06:23:04 am »
Well second verse same as the first. As for the bulls if Rose can\'t go 100% they r in trouble.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #339 on: May 03, 2011, 09:53:49 am »
tonight is gonna be intense.

get it, tru-bull?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 09:53:49 am by Igziabeher »

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #340 on: May 03, 2011, 11:05:26 am »
Quote from: Igziabeher;268816
Hawks/Grizzlies finals.

PLEASE don\'t say that.  

But the hawks looked mighty fine against the bulls last night.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #341 on: May 03, 2011, 12:50:19 pm »
At the same time, the Hawks kind of proved they need to shoot the lights out to win. I\'m tired of the Bulls playing like they can coast in the playoffs... when they act hungry and play aggressive they\'re nasty. I\'m not seeing that attitude. Who knows, lotta bball to be played. They need to pick it up. They are still a much better team than Atlanta imo.

Really looking forward to watching some South Beach action tonight. Should be a war.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
« Reply #342 on: May 03, 2011, 09:06:41 pm »
Last night\'s games were more enjoyable to watch

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #343 on: May 03, 2011, 10:04:06 pm »
Miami is scaring me.

leith

« Reply #344 on: May 03, 2011, 10:40:31 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;268870
Miami is scaring me.

I said it about a month ago after the utter decimation of boston. The only team I see that can beat The Lakers in a 7 game series other than The Lakers themselves.

Quote from: phish4breakfast;268866
Last night\'s games were more enjoyable to watch

I didn\'t watch last night but tonight\'s first game was pretty great.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 10:40:31 pm by leith »