Author Topic: 2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.  (Read 50685 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.
« Reply #315 on: April 30, 2011, 01:15:41 pm »
Haha that was one game. The fact still stands the West is better than the East. Pretty much top to bottom.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #316 on: April 30, 2011, 01:28:48 pm »
Quote from: leith;268727
Thus I think it\'s endearing Tray thinks the Champ is coming out of the east. Her husband may want to check the backyard when she disappears during commercials. She\'s gotta be smokin\' something.

=P  First off, I usually watch the games alone.  I almost prefer it that way.  Have since I was a kid.  (He is rarely home and not as big of a fan of basketball as I am.)  So no running outside.  ;)

Secondly, totally sober on all accounts for this thought process. I have a gut feeling on this.  Of course, my gut instinct has been completely wrong over the decades (I really believed at one point Starks could win it for the Knicks.)  But my gut told me Uconn was going to win the Big East, so we went out and bought tickets.  Guess what, they won.  Gut told me they were going all the way. And they did.  So my gut for sports this year has been pretty accurate.    

I tell you, the east is going to win.  Either C\'s or the Bulls.  Whoever comes out top.  (And i don\'t care how tough this next round is for both of them...they are the ones coming out of this.  That\'s my "feeling".)

And if I am wrong, I will admit to being wrong.  And we already made our bet, Leith. I will don a lakers shirt if the lakers win again.  But that, I can tell you...my gut says...hell no. ;)

Maybe I am smoking something....

Quote from: phish4breakfast;268737
Not only did the west have 8 teams with solid ass records, look at the teams that didn\'t make the playoffs. The Jazz, the Rockets, and the Suns are way better than the bottom of the east... Pistons, Bobcats, and who the Wizards? There\'s no question the west is 5 times better than the east. The east is about as top heavy as college football.

Alright, kid, how much is Leith paying you to type all this?  ;)

East has always been the rough and tumble, get down and dirty teams.   The teams that come to play huge defense in the playoffs.  They don\'t need a great record in the regular season.  Cause, Leith says that doesn\'t count, right??  So why are we arguing about percentages that don\'t count.    ;)

Quote from: leith;268740
Haha that was one game. The fact still stands the West is better than the East. Pretty much top to bottom.

Its just percentages.  Numbers mean nothing.  Its whoever comes to play.   I mean look at college basketball.  The team that won it all had a meh season and wasn\'t even given a chance. But in tourney play, they came to play.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 01:28:48 pm by SkyePrizm »

leith

« Reply #317 on: April 30, 2011, 01:55:19 pm »
You\'re right Tray and in the last 10 yrs or since Jordan left that eastern rough and tumble bullshit u spout has netted the east 3 rings. 2 if those rings would have gone to The Lakers
if Malone had not gone down and Bynum was not so hobbled. So in the last 10 yrs the east has had one legit ring won by the Heat of all teams and they played western ball to win that one.
As for regular season records it just goes to show the huge disparity in the east compared to the west which is much more competitive with better teams.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #318 on: April 30, 2011, 01:58:57 pm »
^ you are impossible!!!! ;)

I can\'t wait for these games to get started tomorrow so some of this shit talking can actually mean something! =P

leith

« Reply #319 on: April 30, 2011, 02:08:52 pm »
Seriously

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #320 on: April 30, 2011, 06:51:19 pm »
lol.  the malone/payton lakers were an abortion.  kinda like communism.  and so they what if they had bynum, then they\'d have lost by 21 points instead of 41 points.  lets just concede the last 2 lakers championships while we\'re at it due to injuries to kevin garnett and kendrick perkins.  dumbass.

seriously.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 06:51:19 pm by Igziabeher »

leith

« Reply #321 on: May 01, 2011, 02:57:14 am »
The celts couldn\'t even make it to the Finals w/o KG so they never counted that year not even in the picture. Get real.

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
« Reply #322 on: May 01, 2011, 12:34:29 pm »
Does anyone else think the Grizzlies got the short end of the stick? I mean, they were the last game 6 to be played, a day after all the other game 6\'s were played, and yet they have to go play the thunder before any of the other series start? If I was a Memphisian I would have a strong beef.

I am completely torn on who to root for in the Bos-Mia series. I have never ever liked any franchise from Boston, so there is no reason for me to start now. However the Heat are the Heat and possibly the most hated team in all of sports right now, minus the Yankees.

I do respect the Celtics players, the only players on the Heat I give any credit too are Wade, Chalmers, and Juwan Howard. Everyone else can go snoof it.

Im just waiting for those Mavericks to shock all the Leiths in this world and put the Lakers (& Phil Jackson) in a retirement home where they belong

leith

« Reply #323 on: May 01, 2011, 02:13:37 pm »
Get a samich you\'ll b waiting awhile.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #324 on: May 01, 2011, 05:15:54 pm »
memphis strolled with their momentum rolling.  so much for the short end of the stick.  whereas the celtics are just slightly off with too long a break.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #325 on: May 01, 2011, 05:46:47 pm »
don\'t fuck with P.P.
*Gia*

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #326 on: May 01, 2011, 05:56:40 pm »
these refs are terrible.  the jermaine o\'neal flagrant 2 was a bullshit call when the celts were on a 12-2 run or some shit, then they give pierce a second technical for setting a pick when he was the best shooter for the celts in the game.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #327 on: May 01, 2011, 07:11:53 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;268765
these refs are terrible.  the jermaine o\'neal flagrant 2 was a bullshit call when the celts were on a 12-2 run or some shit, then they give pierce a second technical for setting a pick when he was the best shooter for the celts in the game.

so much more can be said about this.  absolute bullshit they kicked paul out for setting a second pick and dwade being a little bitch about it.  this game is going to light a torch on the celts\' asses.  cant wait for the next/last four games.
*Gia*

leith

« Reply #328 on: May 01, 2011, 07:58:43 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;268763
memphis strolled with their momentum rolling.  so much for the short end of the stick.  whereas the celtics are just slightly off with too long a break.

hahaha whatever. You\'re the one so stoked on the sweep of the knicks your old celts should have loved all that time off. Come on if you\'re gonna come up with excuses come up with something better than that. They didn\'t have all that much more time off than the heat.
Wish I had watched so I had more to pour on.

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
« Reply #329 on: May 01, 2011, 10:04:19 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;268765

Couldn\'t agree more with you. I\'m watching this series from a Knicks fan POV, not really giving a flying funk on who wins. Every close call went to the Heat, cheap fouls, hustle plays, it was really blowing my mind.

The flagrant on O\'Neal was a joke, and Pierce would have told the ref to "S his C" or something along those lines for that technical to have counted. Regardless game 2 needs to have Boston make it tight at the end. Its not even a must-win they just have to show Miama who\'s wearing the pants in this series