Author Topic: 2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.  (Read 50684 times)

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.
« Reply #300 on: April 29, 2011, 05:08:44 am »
did the bulls sweep the #8 seed?  did the heat sweep the #7 seed?

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #301 on: April 29, 2011, 10:24:33 am »
Well, we will see what these mavs are made of when they go against the lakers on monday.

Can\'t wait for sunday and the beginning of celtics-heat.  
i hope the crybaby heat come to play so we have a good series to watch.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #302 on: April 29, 2011, 01:25:09 pm »
Hahaha yeah u keep that sweep close to your heart dude it was the first round. When the celts get
knocked out at least you\'ll have that.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #303 on: April 29, 2011, 02:25:08 pm »
i\'m feeling another sweep is coming.

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
« Reply #304 on: April 29, 2011, 04:41:02 pm »
This round will be THE best round of the playoffs for sure. I hate both the celtics and the heat but thats the series I want to watch the most. I am really really excited for Dirk and the boys to take it to the lakers, should be a great series too

If Im a bulls fan Im nervous as hell, the hawks have been in the playoffs for a few years now I think they could be ready to take that next step. Who ever the Thunder plays is also in for a treat, Kevin Durant is the best scorer in the NBA and hes guna continue to show that

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #305 on: April 29, 2011, 08:33:04 pm »
Not worried at all. I honestly think the Bulls are going to smoke Atlanta. We match up SO well with them. Six games tops, should be done in 4 or 5 though. Seriously.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #306 on: April 29, 2011, 11:53:34 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;267908
A Memphis-OKC matchup would be an absolute highlight reel, but unless OKC takes that 3rd spot shit aint gonna happen.

Well, didn\'t take the 3rd spot but hell yes. Game on.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

« Reply #307 on: April 30, 2011, 12:08:12 am »
Great to hear Pop talk about the West and how much tougher it is year after year in that Conference since every year the teams that make it into the playoffs are so evenly matched.
Compare that to how it is in the east with 4 good teams always set up to play 4 shit teams and it\'s no wonder the West has been the Best for so long. Oh and to hear him say when people asked him who the best team in the west is he said The Lakers. He\'s pretty smart.

Oh and Tray keep on thinking an east team is taking it this year, it\'s endearing.

Quote from: Gordo;268715
A Memphis-OKC matchup would be an absolute highlight reel, but unless OKC takes that 3rd spot shit aint gonna happen.

Let it go 7 beat the fuck out of each other.
TIA The Lakers
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 12:08:12 am by leith »

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #308 on: April 30, 2011, 12:56:50 am »
Quote from: leith;268717
Great to hear Pop talk about the West and how much tougher it is year after year in that Conference since every year the teams that make it into the playoffs are so evenly matched.
Compare that to how it is in the east with 4 good teams always set up to play 4 shit teams and it\'s no wonder the West has been the Best for so long. Oh and to hear him say when people asked him who the best team in the west is he said The Lakers. He\'s pretty smart.

Oh and Tray keep on thinking an east team is taking it this year, it\'s endearing.

TIA The Lakers

fuck the west and they\'re overrated regular season records.  the only two teams in the west to win titles in the past 10 years are the Spurs and the Lakers, then a bunch of overhyped teams that can\'t finish in the playoffs.  plus, one of those teams, the hornets, was in the east like 7 years ago, they ditch us, go to the west and we get the shit ass bobcats.  if you think the top four teams in the east can\'t compete with the top four teams in the west you\'re sadly mistaken.  and the 7 and 8 seeds were young up and coming teams who will only get better(pacers definitely, sixers could use another big name player.  the knicks will be better with carmelo in the system for a full season, and then there\'s the cavs who were a top team but lost it when bron bron decided to take his talents to an already solid miami team.

leith

« Reply #309 on: April 30, 2011, 01:43:56 am »
Quote from: Igziabeher;268724
Quote from: leith;268717

TIA The Lakers

fuck the west and they\'re overrated regular season records.  the only two teams in the west to win titles in the past 10 years are the Spurs and the Lakers, then a bunch of overhyped teams that can\'t finish in the playoffs.  plus, one of those teams, the hornets, was in the east like 7 years ago, they ditch us, go to the west and we get the shit ass bobcats.  if you think the top four teams in the east can\'t compete with the top four teams in the west you\'re sadly mistaken.  and the 7 and 8 seeds were young up and coming teams who will only get better(pacers definitely, sixers could use another big name player.  the knicks will be better with carmelo in the system for a full season, and then there\'s the cavs who were a top team but lost it when bron bron decided to take his talents to an already solid miami team.

hahaha yeah right. Go back and read pretty much this same post from you at the beginning of the year where you said the east would be soooo much better this year due to all the player movement.
Well you were wrong and I was right as proven by the teams that made it in the east (the east had a sub.500 team in the playoffs AGAIN)and those that made it in the West.
So your point is the top 4 teams in the east can compete with the top 4 in the West and that\'s what matters?
Well as you even pointed out the only 2 teams in the West to win in the last 10 years is the spurs and Lakers so for 8 out of 10 of those years the best in the east couldn\'t even match up with the top 2 teams in the West much less the the top 4. Come on the facts are there. I know it sux for you but facts r facts.
My point which Pop reinforced still stands the east sucks and only has a few good teams thus the competition is just not as tough and thus the Western Champ usually ends up being the NBA Champ due to having stiffer competition and being able to put that experience to the test in the Finals where the eastern Champ usually comes up short since Jordan left The Bulls.
Thus I think it\'s endearing Tray thinks the Champ is coming out of the east. Her husband may want to check the backyard when she disappears during commercials. She\'s gotta be smokin\' something.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #310 on: April 30, 2011, 01:55:48 am »
I would think taking the Lakers to a 7 game series constitutes as competing.

and Pop is just trying to save face as his #1 seed got spanked.  he should\'ve just shut his mouth and said his team is old and a shell of what they used to be instead of making long excuses about the competitiveness of #8 seeds.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 01:55:48 am by Igziabeher »

leith

« Reply #311 on: April 30, 2011, 02:14:38 am »
Quote from: Igziabeher;268728

and Pop is just trying to save face as his #1 seed got spanked.  he should\'ve just shut his mouth and said his team is old and a shell of what they used to be instead of making long excuses about the competitiveness of #8 seeds.
In the past 10 years only one eastern team put a hurting on a Western Champ and it wasn\'t the celtics.
sux for me but it was the Pistons over The Lakers 4-1 and then taking the spurs to 7 the nxt year though they did lose. The other 2 Eastern Champs went 6 in their wins.
the celtics last year can be seen as an aberration and more The Lakers shooting themselves in the foot.
Face it you don\'t have much of an argument here so let\'s just stick with how your celtics r gonna get punked and The Lakers will roll on to another 3peat.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 02:16:55 am by leith »

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #312 on: April 30, 2011, 08:31:01 am »
Congrats to the Grizz for winning the first playoff series in team history. I think the ATL is going to give the Bulls a good run. If Joe Johnson gets in the rhythm, look out! Silky smooth.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
« Reply #313 on: April 30, 2011, 10:26:35 am »
Not only did the west have 8 teams with solid ass records, look at the teams that didn\'t make the playoffs. The Jazz, the Rockets, and the Suns are way better than the bottom of the east... Pistons, Bobcats, and who the Wizards? There\'s no question the west is 5 times better than the east. The east is about as top heavy as college football.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #314 on: April 30, 2011, 12:43:31 pm »
Quote from: leith;268730
Quote from: Igziabeher;268728

In the past 10 years only one eastern team put a hurting on a Western Champ and it wasn\'t the celtics.
sux for me but it was the Pistons over The Lakers 4-1 and then taking the spurs to 7 the nxt year though they did lose. The other 2 Eastern Champs went 6 in their wins.
the celtics last year can be seen as an aberration and more The Lakers shooting themselves in the foot.
Face it you don\'t have much of an argument here so let\'s just stick with how your celtics r gonna get punked and The Lakers will roll on to another 3peat.

41 points.